ADVERTISEMENT

Ladies & gentleman I want to make one post...

herdftblfan

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2004
Then I want to move on.

Mike and I have talked multiple times this past week. We talked again this morning and up to lunch. We've really been pondering this site.

We decided that we no longer want a smack forum on HerdNation.com. It's 75% of our headaches and does nothing for our site. Another 20% of our headaches are related to Pullman. We decided to bring it under the premium umbrella. Our premium subs. are the only folks we owe a debt of service to. There are plenty of other free options out there. Most of the TITM folks have headed to HerdHaven. That's cool. We are friends with Aaron who runs that site and wish him the best.

That leaves Herd Nation as the only free board on this site. In regards to moderating it, little changes other than if folks decide to talk politics or religion on there, as long as it is civil, we will leave it. The same goes for opponents. If it is civil, it stays. If there is a little joking, light-hearted smack or ribbing, we've asked mods to use their own judgement but lean towards not being heavy handed.

Our rules have always been pretty simple - don't bring personal information to the site, make it about the argument, not the person & have fun. We would like to see Herd Nation return to that. Somewhere over the last few years, we've gotten away from that and I take the blame.

We respect everyone won't agree with these decisions but we believe they are the right ones for us. Neither of us would have continued running the site otherwise. Mike will remain as the top dog. He has autonomy to make any decision he likes. I told him this morning, nobody has run this site better than has he... nobody.

Finally, I know some of you have read many nasty things about me this past week. I've not defended myself and really hoped to not have to. I don't want to get in a silly sparring match among adults.

I will only say that 90% of everything being said is vintage message board spin. What I mean by that is we are all excellent at taking a little bit of info. and spinning a big story around it to fit our needs.

I've known many of you for 15+ years and I am personal friends with a lot of you outside this site. I know you know my character and I know you know that in 30 seconds I could rattle off 15-20 amazing these to demonstrate who I am and the awesome things we've done with this site. While I've been encouraged to defend myself, I neither feel I should have to nor do I have the time and energy. As I told someone who sent me a message earlier, I am a 42 year old man with a son in college, a hot wife, a good job and a great life. I don't want to wage a public battle with grown men.

If you have personal questions of me, I am happy to talk with you or answer them honestly but I will not get in to a public sparring match. I'm not perfect and in running this site for 15 years, I've said a lot of stupid stuff and made my fair share of mistakes. I have no problem owning each one of them.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Mark

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News