ADVERTISEMENT

Last game of the nite: Herd vs Miners......

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
I will be surprised if we struggle tonite. Then again, those words have come back to haunt me all season! Keep the bigs out of foul trouble, Byers & Co hitting some 3's & make those damn foul shots = win.

If we expect to make any noise in this tournament, we have to come out and bury UTEP right from the start. We can't expel a ton of energy in this game because they're not going to get easier and the legs will fade the further we go.

Williams is the key. If he continues to play well, the Herd stands a puncher's chance at advancing deep into the tournament.

Line tonight favors the Herd by only two points, so there's not much of a difference in talent between all these teams in CUSA, so it all comes down to who wants it the most. I remember back in high school, we wanted it the most, but Big Earl Jones started singing a song, you can't always get what you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Williams is the key. If he continues to play well, the Herd stands a puncher's chance at advancing deep into the tournament.

Line tonight favors the Herd by only two points, so there's not much of a difference in talent between all these teams in CUSA, so it all comes down to who wants it the most. I remember back in high school, we wanted it the most, but Big Earl Jones started singing a song, you can't always get what you want.

Earl Jones from Mt Hope
(my home town).....does this mean you played for the Mustangs? The last time I saw Earl [10 years ago]...he was a big as a Box Car.....

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney) in Charlotte

Reactions: 5150
No way...didn’t anybody watch? Byers was killer from the line. Kinsey with a monster 1st half. Gonna be interesting to see if no fans in the stands will make a difference...Go Herd!!!!

Sadly I am on my way back to Huntington as I write this. My estimate that with the band, cheerleaders, family and official traveling party, there should be around 150 people there tonight to cheer on The Herd!

Sadly I am on my way back to Huntington as I write this. My estimate that with the band, cheerleaders, family and official traveling party, there should be around 150 people there tonight to cheer on The Herd!

Serious question, are the band and cheerleaders considered essential personnel by the conference. If they are doing this out of extreme caution I would think they would not be allowed to attend.

Reactions: CarolinaHerdzilla

THIS is all a bunch of BULLSHIT CREATED BY OUR LIBERAL MEDIA.....
I guess the human wellness of the 150 [band, cheerleaders, players & coaches, refs, camera men, ball boys, etc]....DO NOT MATTER.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Serious question, are the band and cheerleaders considered essential personnel by the conference. If they are doing this out of extreme caution I would think they would not be allowed to attend.

I agree 100 %.......I bet Teddy [Big Green] will not vacate.

HerdZilla22

THIS is all a bunch of BULLSHIT CREATED BY OUR LIBERAL MEDIA.....
I guess the human wellness of the 150 [band, cheerleaders, players & coaches, refs, camera men, ball boys, etc]....DO NOT MATTER.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

I understand your sentiment but that’s not what I’m thinking. I’m not blaming, just interested who will be at the games. I have the same question of the ACC tournament in Greensboro.
24,000 seat G’boro Coliseum will look pretty empty this afternoon.

ACC just announced band and cheerleaders can attend at the discretion of individual schools.

Last edited:
Good showing by the Herd last night... Kinsey has shown that he is capable of taking over a game, something that we didn't have the first 2/3 of the season.

La. Tech is a taller task than UTEP, but if we shoot it like last night we can beat anyone in this bracket... Either way, a winning season is now assured.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT