ADVERTISEMENT

Laughable re-alignment scenario

Still trying to justify CUSA adding Charlotte and ODU. That potential they supposedly have is getting them tons of press and votes in the Top 25.

I think people don't understand why Charlotte and ODU were great additions, but that horse is long dead.

I care about Marshall. For Marshall, these teams were great. Big markets and relatively close. Great recruiting areas. At least at ODU, they support their program at a very high level (AAC budget already).

The additions I don't care about are UTSA, UNT, and FIU. Frankly, I'd like to just jettison the Texas programs all together. FAU has great facilities in a great area. FIU has terrible facilities and no support.

I'm on board with something like this:

Marshall
Charlotte
ODU
WKU
MT
UAB
USM
LaTech
FAU
Appy/JMU/GaSo

Who says no other than maybe LaTech? 10 team round robin in both sports. Can have a championship game under new rules. Maximizes revenue. Many teams with a pulse in both sports or at least one.

I think people don't understand why Charlotte and ODU were great additions, but that horse is long dead.

I care about Marshall. For Marshall, these teams were great. Big markets and relatively close. Great recruiting areas. At least at ODU, they support their program at a very high level (AAC budget already).

The additions I don't care about are UTSA, UNT, and FIU. Frankly, I'd like to just jettison the Texas programs all together. FAU has great facilities in a great area. FIU has terrible facilities and no support.

I'm on board with something like this:

Marshall
Charlotte
ODU
WKU
MT
UAB
USM
LaTech
FAU
Appy/JMU/GaSo

Who says no other than maybe LaTech? 10 team round robin in both sports. Can have a championship game under new rules. Maximizes revenue. Many teams with a pulse in both sports or at least one.

I think the best lineup would be as follows:

Marshall
Southern Miss
UAB
WKU
LaTech
Georgia Southern
Appalachian State
Middle Tennessee
FIU
FAU.

We keep the Florida footprint/recruiting access with FIU/FAU since we should probably stick to 10 total; we never should've added UTSA, North Texas, Charlotte, or Old Dominion (although I kinda like Old Dominion the best out of this group); Rice and UTEP can go to the MWC that some of their fanbase supports; and we would add he better programs available in the Sun Belt in Georgia Southern and Appalachian State.

People talk about TV markets and mention ODU and Charlotte. Obviously that didn't do a damn bit of good in our new tv package. The TV execs aren't impressed either.
That's because, while it's a large TV market, there are other colleges soaking up the air-time. I think the folks that added them looked at the market as a plus, but forgot all about the fact that there are other schools there that are going to be shown before Charlotte and ODU

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT