ADVERTISEMENT

Lesson for D'antoni

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Go out and recruit. I mean recruit. Ohio State has just schooled you in D-1 basketball. Tell those assistants to start looking outside WV and get players. Oh yeah was Legg assisting you tonight?

Handshake - DD laughing , wonder what's so funny 111-74 is not something you laugh about.

Go out and recruit. I mean recruit. Ohio State has just schooled you in D-1 basketball. Tell those assistants to start looking outside WV and get players.

Reminds me of NCIS. The boss slaps the workers on the back of the head and tells them to work harder and solve the case. Oh, so the secret to solving crimes is to work harder? Who knew? Of course, NCIS is a fictional TV show, because in the real world, you cannot outwork reality.

Reality is anybody good enough to play for Marshall is good enough to play for any of 150 other schools you can name. Schools that are not in the vast spread out CUSA, three time zones worth. Long plane rides (and in the past some of those commercial via Charleston or even Columbus, although I hear that has changes, but who know what the future will bring). Random collection of schools brought together for football with no commonality otherwise.

So, tell me EXACTLY why any kid with a choice between MU and, you fill in the blank, any school in any similar conference like the Sun Belt or A10 or the ASun or the Colonial or whatever you think CUSA is equal to, WITHOUT ANY RELATIONSHIP TO MARSHALL, WEST VIRGINIA, OR THE TRI-STATE, would pick life in CUSA over life elsewhere.

Fact is, over a decade and a half, we understand they would not and did not.

Not saying DD's method of West Virginians and eastern Europeans will work. Just saying nothing else has.

"Go out and recruit better" is a slogan, not an answer.

Did you see OSU's arena? I did. I was there. Recruit against that!? What a joke. The way for Marshall to be successful is exactly what DD is doing. It's a process and building a program. We will not be pulling in McD's AAs. We have to build a system and I think he's doing well. Enjoy the process.

Problem is , people are tried of "a process". Successful programs to not constantly go through a new process time and time again.

Ummm, we don't have a successful program. Donovan could have built it...gone. Jones, maybe...gone. White tried and had plenty of time. Jirsa, Herrion...nope. It's not going to change quickly and if it does, 2 things happen...probation or the coach is gone. DD wants to stay, let's let him BUILD! He obviously knows the game. Recruiting has been better each season and even the first year recruits are actually developing.

This thing dates back to when Stu Aberdeen died. Even before, when McMullen wouldn't give Tacy a $4,000 raise. Give Danny some time to build something. Hell, it was a good measuring stick loss. We all know we've got a long way to go, but there's a whole season ahead.

Reactions: horsrman
This thing dates back to when Stu Aberdeen died. Even before, when McMullen wouldn't give Tacy a $4,000 raise. Give Danny some time to build something. Hell, it was a good measuring stick loss. We all know we've got a long way to go, but there's a whole season ahead.

Turns out our 41 point drubbing in Columbus last night was the real "nail biter" for our revenue sports this weekend!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT