ADVERTISEMENT

Loss behind us

What frustrates me (about almost every team, no just MU) is that when a Player shoots, the rest of the team heads back down the floor like there is NO WAY that shot is going to miss. Seldom do you see several offensive players going for the offensive rebound. Last knight Elmore put up a 3 that missed and the only players w/in 20' of the hoop were UAB players. That's my .02 cents worth. GO HERD! Let's win the next one and take the tourney!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Looking like the Herd will end up as the '5' seed. Play some stiff in the opening round, and then have to turn around and play UTSA in the second round if it plays out the way I feel it will. Need Rice to win on Saturday in order to avoid playing the extra game against one of the other alphabet U teams, which would be UTEP as of today.

Seems like a lot of folks think its a foregone conclusion that we'll have another miraculous tournament run this year, since those happen all the time.

Reactions: putnam green
Dreh posted that the Herd will “play some stiff in the opening round” of the CUSA tournament. Uh Dreh most opponents probably think we will be your “stiff”! LOL

Some of us just choose to be optimists.
............I am as optimistic as anyone on this board, but last night's effort was completely lacking. No energy, going through the motions, jacking up 3's and turning it over time after time. Coach has to be disappointed. It's too late in the season to say "we'll learn from this one". We sucked eggs last nite. Heaven help us crawling
into the Murphy Center for their Sr night. Wow......we are now in the hands of the Rice Owls for the 4 seed, not that I am thinking this morning that it is going to make a big difference in our tourney results next week.
Still, Go Herd!!!

this team is not beating MTSU twice in 6 days, and is not beating them 3 times in a season. We'll lose Sat, but hopefully can beat them next week in an empty NFL practice facility. (sorry, HALF of an empty NFL practice facility...)

Some of us just choose to be optimists.

Too bad people can't do this for both major sports.

Seems like forever ago when MU "had 4th place all locked up" and now, we not only have to win but if we don't, hope the lesser Rice wins...

This team cannot finish a damn thing. They start well and manage to squander leads and have no method of change in terms of opponents.
Dan has time to prepare for a team and can/has made effective changes, he doesn't do that with consistency.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Nope. Because MU has lost games by not finishing. The final 2 mins were chaotic and we did get a few lucky breaks...possession, MTSU coach getting a Technical, and we made freethrows.

The fact it came down to this game for MU to secure a spot they didn't even really need to be in (should have been in 3rd or even 2nd) is evident that this team needs to finish.

We match up with MTSU real well, however, ODU and WKU we do not match up well with...and 2 of those 3 are going to be in the way.

Nope. Because MU has lost games by not finishing. The final 2 mins were chaotic and we did get a few lucky breaks...possession, MTSU coach getting a Technical, and we made freethrows.

The fact it came down to this game for MU to secure a spot they didn't even really need to be in (should have been in 3rd or even 2nd) is evident that this team needs to finish.

We match up with MTSU real well, however, ODU and WKU we do not match up well with...and 2 of those 3 are going to be in the way.

Horseshit. We just beat a top 25 team on the road. Give these boys some credit instead of being too proud to admit your post was ridiculous.

And please, explain to me how we match up well with MTSU but not WKU or ODU?

Well, I'm man enough to admit I was wrong. Damn, how does the Herd have MT's number? Swept them. Of all the teams on the Herd slate, MT would have to be the worst matchup, but yet, a sweep of the series.

Should have known my friend Sistersville was onto something.

Well, I'm man enough to admit I was wrong. Damn, how does the Herd have MT's number? Swept them. Of all the teams on the Herd slate, MT would have to be the worst matchup, but yet, a sweep of the series.

Should have known my friend Sistersville was onto something.

MU matches up with them,for whatever reason. WKU, as many on here pointed out, pushes us around because their bigs are larger. ODU, I don't know why we can't seem to beat them...but for whatever reason, MU doesn't seal the wins.

In fact, both of the 2nd games we played with them, MU either blew a lead or just didn't match up well with them. WKU, we had on the ropes but disallowed ourselves the chances to seal it because we kept throwing up 3 pointers and not using clock. We also melted down essentially because we also committed several dumb fouls.

ODU, we allowed them to hang around enough to make changes, which their coach did, and they came out and beat us, despite us winning late in the 2nd half.

MTSU tonight, was frustrated with calls from the get go, they allowed the refs and lack of calls (on their end) to get into their heads. Their HC got a technical at quite possibly the worst time you could. That's ENTIRELY on them, and Marshall, to their credit, capitalized on it.

Thanks. Exactly the type of analysis I assumed you would provide.
Well, what else do you want?
I just described why MU lost their 2nd games to both these teams. WKU the first game at MU, was horrible and we never had a chance to be in it. The 2nd game? We were winning with 2 minutes and were on the brink of keeping the game out of their hands when we began to take stupid shots multiple possessions and not use up clock.

That's the problem I have with this team, because it has happened waaaay too much to them and it doesn't seem to change. Coaching and lack of focus lost us the WKU game for sure. Hell, both of them.

Well, what else do you want?
I just described why MU lost their 2nd games to both these teams. WKU the first game at MU, was horrible and we never had a chance to be in it. The 2nd game? We were winning with 2 minutes and were on the brink of keeping the game out of their hands when we began to take stupid shots multiple possessions and not use up clock.

That's the problem I have with this team, because it has happened waaaay too much to them and it doesn't seem to change. Coaching and lack of focus lost us the WKU game for sure. Hell, both of them.

I want you to explain how ODU and WKU are bad matchups for us.

I also want you to recognize that we just had the biggest road win literally in decades.

Reactions: pdbailey
I want you to explain how ODU and WKU are bad matchups for us.

I also want you to recognize that we just had the biggest road win literally in decades.
.......also - read carefully All4: If we can get to the semis and find a way vs MTSU, WKU & ODU will have gone 15 rounds, with one of them TKO’d. I am not worried about anybody but who we play on THURSDAY!! (Best way you could seal up 4 seed by taking matter,s into your own hands)
Go Herd!!!!

1 Middle Tennessee

8 FIU
9 La Tech

4 Marshall

5 UTSA
12 UTEP

2 Old Dominion

7 North Texas
10 Southern Miss

3 WKU

6 UAB
11 FAU

Herd needs ONLY to concentrate on its Thursday foe! We have already lost to UTSA, although their best player is out with an injury.

No way we can meet BOTH ODU and WKU in the tourney. Will probably have to beat MTSU for the 3rd time to get to the finals.

Because MU can't beat them.
We got hosed by the officials in the 2nd game against WKU and both games against ODU were close games that could have gone either way. We are capable of beating any team in our conference. The only schools we lost to were WKU, ODU, UTSA, and UAB and all 4 of those teams are pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT