ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville at Marshall...Pat Forde's "Trap Game of the Year"

wvkeeper(HN)

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 4, 2007
Muswell Hillbilly
Reactions: ohio herd
Another stat from that article

"Seventeen teams are playing every game on aritificial turf – just one from a power-five conference: Washington, Houston, Boise State, Wyoming, Fresno State, Eastern Michigan, Bowling Green, Akron, Buffalo, Miami (Ohio), Marshall, Middle Tennessee State, Florida International, Louisiana Tech, Idaho, Georgia State and Texas State."

I think it is a trap game. The reason I think we can win is because we are at the Joan. The atmosphere will be electric and will be a great game

I think we have beaten UL 3 of 4 games? So that lessens the trap in trap game.

Still some have them picked to win the ACC this year and sandwiched between two strong ACC opponents makes us a ......trap game. :)

Still IF we beat Akron and it's a big IF, the Joan should be sold out and loud, that too makes it less of a trap game and more of a great game. It won't be as hard for them to get into it as playing a fired up MTSU or Ohio Kent Akron CMU WMU EMU in an empty stadium, like we have to deal with. Still it's a trap game of sorts.

The item immediately following the Trap Game is Big Miami visiting Appy State. While that isn't shocking, the deal itself is. Appy State does not go to Miami until 2021. This concept is totally foreign to Herd Fans. The P5 coming to the G5 first does not exist in Herd World.

The item immediately following the Trap Game is Big Miami visiting Appy State. While that isn't shocking, the deal itself is. Appy State does not go to Miami until 2021. This concept is totally foreign to Herd Fans. The P5 coming to the G5 first does not exist in Herd World.

It's getting better. Kayo was one of our main reasons we never got return games,me just took the money. Hamrick has it rolling now. Also,our win loss record at home makes it less attractive to P5s lower to middle rungs to play us, because they too will lose.

I think we have beaten UL 3 of 4 games? So that lessens the trap in trap game.

Still some have them picked to win the ACC this year and sandwiched between two strong ACC opponents makes us a ......trap game. :)

Still IF we beat Akron and it's a big IF, the Joan should be sold out and loud, that too makes it less of a trap game and more of a great game. It won't be as hard for them to get into it as playing a fired up MTSU or Ohio Kent Akron CMU WMU EMU in an empty stadium, like we have to deal with. Still it's a trap game of sorts.
why do you think we can't beat Akron? I mean we should never take anyone for granted I agree. However, we have the better team and should win

We will be looking past Akron and Bowden is hoping to get the soon to be open B12 bottom job. if Doc beats him twice he will never get it. He's on their short list and unless the drunkard can get a better than cactus up my arse at 2 am bowl, he's probably out. I know I know best recruiting year ever, and it's been that way the last 3 yEERS right eerbillys?

Don't think I'd want to be a B12 bottom, oooouuuuccch, but even a ho knows how to perform for his money.

Yes , Akron will be a flat out war, you watch. Bowden will be pulling out ALL the stops. Trick plays, officials , you name it. We had better be ready and not looking past to ACC UL.

why do you think we can't beat Akron? I mean we should never take anyone for granted I agree. However, we have the better team and should win

Akron beat Kent 20-0.

We beat Kent 36-29 OT and needed some miraculous runs and receptions to pull it out.

We may not be the better team.

Akron beat Kent 20-0.

We beat Kent 36-29 OT and needed some miraculous runs and receptions to pull it out.

mark it down we are the better team. Amazing, every team we play is better than us according to some of you but 3 ten win seasons in a row says something about where the program now is under Doc. We have plenty of firepower coming back on both sides of the ball. Chase Litton is a for real QB and will only improve. To be honest he had a better Freshman season than Chad did going up against better competition. Our Ol is solid, our entire defense is solid and with the additions at LB we will be lethal this season. We have some help at WR and Litton will have plenty of targets to throw to. I mean we have only lost a handful of games the past 3 years and all of them but one was a game we could have or should have won. We win against Akron at the Joan not be arrogant just saying we will defend our House.

Akron only returns 6-7 starters. If we struggle with them, UL will beat us by 30.
Akron will be in a major rebuilding year.

Akron beat Kent 20-0.

Yea transitive properties.

Let's not forget Devin was hurt and it was our true freshman QB's first road game as a starter agaunst what was at the time one of the top defenses in the country.

We'll beat Akron by 20.

mark it down we are the better team. Amazing, every team we play is better than us according to some of you but 3 ten win seasons in a row says something about where the program now is under Doc. We have plenty of firepower coming back on both sides of the ball. Chase Litton is a for real QB and will only improve. To be honest he had a better Freshman season than Chad did going up against better competition. Our Ol is solid, our entire defense is solid and with the additions at LB we will be lethal this season. We have some help at WR and Litton will have plenty of targets to throw to. I mean we have only lost a handful of games the past 3 years and all of them but one was a game we could have or should have won. We win against Akron at the Joan not be arrogant just saying we will defend our House.

Just to pile on. Litton had the best statistical freshman season in MU history. Passing yards, TD, INTs, and rating. Chad edged him in completion percentage by 1 or 2% I believe.

That says a lot.

His freshman season ranks as one of the best seasons regardless of class.

We will be looking past Akron and Bowden is hoping to get the soon to be open B12 bottom job. if Doc beats him twice he will never get it. He's on their short list and unless the drunkard can get a better than cactus up my arse at 2 am bowl, he's probably out. I know I know best recruiting year ever, and it's been that way the last 3 yEERS right eerbillys?

Don't think I'd want to be a B12 bottom, oooouuuuccch, but even a ho knows how to perform for his money.

Yes , Akron will be a flat out war, you watch. Bowden will be pulling out ALL the stops. Trick plays, officials , you name it. We had better be ready and not looking past to ACC UL.

I recall reading posts just like this before we went up there two years ago.

Reactions: ohio herd
LOL! Yeah I'm a little brutal on the eerbillys, but let's face it, IM A Schmuck their AD started it.

Here's the issue, 2 years ago Vingle was like , Marshall will lose to Akron. Why? Because errbillys like Bowden as their next HC, Doc was never worthy of the HC at Mohole. Doc won, and now the stakes are even higher.

Now , the "genius" finds his back against the wall, the hillbilly nation is getting restless, and Bowden wants that job bad. He has the political pull to get it too. You watch, it's going to be a flat out war.

Loved the stats on Chase though, much appreciated. Still he throws off his back foot and his form could use work. He's going to have to grow up past the WKY beat down last year he needs more mental toughness IMO. Chad never faltered.

Chad never faltered lol how do you know was you ever on the sidelines with him.

Plus last time they are 2 different people. Plus Chad had Randy in the MAC.

Chad never faltered lol how do you know was you ever on the sidelines with him.

Plus last time they are 2 different people. Plus Chad had Randy in the MAC.

Chad had Randy for 13 of his 38 1A games played...

other than TD passes in 1998, his stats stayed pretty much the same after Moss. (QB rating exploded in 1999 as well)

Capture.png

Just to pile on. Litton had the best statistical freshman season in MU history. Passing yards, TD, INTs, and rating. Chad edged him in completion percentage by 1 or 2% I believe.

That says a lot.

it really doesn't say as much as you think.

it really doesn't say as much as you think.

Really?? So in a down year for our offense and only playing 11 of 13 games. He still put up the best freshman year in program history. I can't want to see him running a fine oiled machine of an offense

Really?? So in a down year for our offense and only playing 11 of 13 games. He still put up the best freshman year in program history. I can't want to see him running a fine oiled machine of an offense

saying "Litton had the best statistical freshman season in MU history," really doesn't say that much, for a variety of reasons. it's not a slight to chase.

Akron lost 18-19 starters off last year's bowl team, they likely won't be anywhere near as good as a result. If we show up and at least play to a B-level, we should smoke them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT