ADVERTISEMENT

Man Cato was good.

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
I'm bored and watching youtube. One of the suggested videos was our 2011 win over Louisville. He's a freshman in only his fifth game and has connected with 8 receivers before the end of the 1st quarter. I know a lot of people said he locked in on Shuler too much, but his ability to see the field really was on another level.

That got me thinking of Green. Unlike Cato he had a RS season and this is his 4th year on campus. The way he struggles to see the field at this point is it realistic to think he'll make a big leap forward this season?

Then the other thing you notice from those Cato years is how much faster the team speed was compared to now and that was with Gale and Carpenter at LB. Do we even have the talent that's going to allow Green to take that step forward.

I don't even know what to realistically expect from the 2020 Thundering Herd. Especially with no Spring Camp. Though hopefully with President Trump starting the process of reopening the country the NCAA will allow team to get that camp time in May or June.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.