ADVERTISEMENT

"Marco Polo" Ranks All 50 States

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
I've lived in eight states all over the country, been to dozens of countries, yet this guy makes me look like an amateur. He just ranked all 50 states, an for the most part, I agree with him.
I would push Arizona a lot lower. No way that it is fourth, and I have spent 200 nights all over Arizona. There is no way that Nevada is ahead of Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Alaska. I would put Texas a lot higher.

But it's a damn good list.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
California number 1? Maybe Northern California. I’d put Oregon ahead of Nevada as well. Especially if you exclude Portland. The upper Midwest is just so bleak that that’s why they are ranked so low. I’ve only been to North and Central UTah. Park city area is Nice. Salt Lake City was in one of their their temp inversions and had that haze or mist slumped into the salt lake valley. The airport was nice and i didn’t feel like I would get mugged there as opposed to in California.

"having visited 321 countries, been to the North and South Poles, and even been to every U.S. state at least three times."

Man, that is some seriously impressive travel. There is only one other person I can think of that I'd rather listen to on travel....

MV5BOWJjYjczZmMtYjExMi00NmMxLWExMzAtMjQwZGJmZmViY2MwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

What the OP fails to tell you here, is that the author, Emma Pitts, is a huge progressive left wing lunatic, so naturally her list places sanctuary states at the top of the list.

My friend DJT refers to those states as shithole states.

The rest of you can feel free to scan through the rest of the articles released by anti-Trumper Emma.

What the OP fails to tell you here, is that the author, Emma Pitts, is a huge progressive left wing lunatic, so naturally her list places sanctuary states at the top of the list.
It's not her list. Try again.

California number 1? Maybe Northern California.
Yeah, because nobody ever includes SoCal as some of the best nature and scenery in the country, huh? There is a reason why the ultra-wealthy live in Orange County and are willing to pay a hell of a lot more for it.

I don't have instagram. Was it states to live in or visit?

A lot of it depends on $. If I was rich, I'd rank California high(er) for instance. I'd need venture capital money though, not doctor money.

Reactions: ohio herd
I don't have instagram. Was it states to live in or visit?

It’s a linked free newspaper article. You don’t need Instagram to see that, including the embedded Instagram post which explains how he ranked the states.

Remember the line about me having the damaged brain, Doc?

Reactions: 30CAT
It's not her list. Try again.

Yeah, because nobody ever includes SoCal as some of the best nature and scenery in the country, huh? There is a reason why the ultra-wealthy live in Orange County and are willing to pay a hell of a lot more for it.
Too expensive. Too many rules. Too many taxes.

It’s a linked free newspaper article. You don’t need Instagram to see that, including the embedded Instagram post which explains how he ranked the states.

Remember the line about me having the damaged brain, Doc?

My work filter must be blocking it . I only see the top 5 listed on the page. Many embedded links are blocked.

Obviously the list is tainted towards the blue left wing states.
Head injury reminder.

Out of the top 10, three are solid red, four are solid blue, and three are swing states. Brilliant.

And regardless of political leanings, the red states always pack the bottom of any list of best states.

Head injury reminder.

Out of the top 10, three are solid red, four are solid blue, and three are swing states. Brilliant.

And regardless of political leanings, the red states always pack the bottom of any list of best states.
Mass exodus from California yet the author says it is near the top. Sure it is beautiful but that is not living there? Massachusetts is like 14. Who says man, I would like to live in Massachusetts?

North Carolina has about a decade left before it is totally ruined. Starting to worry about SC. The northeast Yankee influence is troubling. Ohio Yankees are different. Northeast Yankees bring high cost of living.

Georgia? Screwed because of Atlanta.

Florida? There is hope. They seem to have a chip on their shoulder now.

Virginia already screwed because of DC.

I can't be a mountain man anymore. Don't like the winters.

The Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming and maybe Idaho might be all that is left.

• Haha
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I don't have nothing to add to this thread, but know my catcher playing pal likes to have posts as popular as mine, so giving a buddy a lift by adding to post count.

herdman, you think rifle has to wear one of those special helmets they make for the short bus riders that lick the windows? I hope not, because those helmet wearing kids give me the same creeps as the midgets and tall lanky colored people I walk past in alleys.

I know. That is why I am screwed. That is all thar is left and I can't liver there.
Western NC mountains. Cashiers, etc. That area is amazing. Anything from Hot Springs down to Waynesville through Cashiers, Bryson City, Highlands. One of my favorite parts of the country.

Reactions: herdfan429
Western NC mountains. Cashiers, etc. That area is amazing. Anything from Hot Springs down to Waynesville through Cashiers, Bryson City, Highlands. One of my favorite parts of the country.
When I can retire, I am done with NC. Raleigh and Charlotte are lib central. Never going through it again what I saw during Covid and what has happened to the place the last 10. Years. I am out.... not even the same place..I moved to..

When I can retire, I am done with NC. Raleigh and Charlotte are lib central. Never going through it again what I saw during Covid and what has happened to the place the last 10. Years. I am out.... not even the same place..I moved to..
You should consider Mexico.

With California by far the most diverse, naturally it is an incredible place

Are you moving there anytime soon? If so, you may want to talk to the masses fleeing the leftist euphoria, bleaters call California. By diverse, are you talking race or homosexuality? Because if it's race, our entire country is diverse.

California is probably the or one of the most beautiful places in the country.

Democrat policies are making it a terrible place to live.

Definitely love to visit California. Beautiful landscape and weather. Just can’t live their due to many things mentioned above.

If so, you may want to talk to the masses fleeing the leftist euphoria, bleaters call California.
Or he could talk to the masses moving in every year or the bigger number that wish they could afford to live here.

Or he could talk to the masses moving in every year or the bigger number that wish they could afford to live here.

One should be able to afford to live in any state they want and California is losing population, not gaining. In fact, it is leading the nation in lost population.

Reactions: 19MU88
One should be able to afford to live in any state they want

That's not how life works. You're going to get kicked out of the Republican Party if you keep saying dumb shit like that . . . not because it's dumb (which it is), since Republicans typically say dumb shit. But rather, because that thinking goes against fundamental Republicans beliefs.

Should everybody be able to live in any city that they want, too? How about every neighborhood that they want? How about on every street that they want? How about if they want to live within a block of the ocean? Should everybody be granted all of those things?

Starting Monday, fast food workers will be earning at least $20/hour in the state. A husband/wife duo of burger flippers who work eight hour days for five days per week will walk away with about $5500/month after taxes. They may not be able to live in Beverly Hills with that net income, but they can afford to buy a one bedroom condo/mobile home within driving distance, have two solid vehicles, pay for food, utilities, etc. on that income.

This is a really cool little town in the mountains only an hour away from Los Angeles. Both a single burger flipper or a married couple of burger flippers could buy a place here and have a solid life. You just have to be good with seeing a bear or mountain lion a few times per year:

Want to be a burger flipper, live in California, and have a better lifestyle? Stay away from the coast. There are some options of places you can buy on a burger flipper income and have enough for a solid lifestyle:

Starting Monday, fast food workers will be earning at least $20/hour in the state. A husband/wife duo of burger flippers who work eight hour days for five days per week will walk away with about $5500/month after taxes.

LMAO!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

You're a gullible bleater, aren't you?

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
Are you moving there anytime soon? If so, you may want to talk to the masses fleeing the leftist euphoria, bleaters call California. By diverse, are you talking race or homosexuality? Because if it's race, our entire country is diverse.

California is probably the or one of the most beautiful places in the country.

Democrat policies are making it a terrible place to live.
I'm not sure what politics has to do with natural beauty, weirdo.

I love the California coast, but the Oregon and Washington coasts are very similar. Theres not enough love for the New England states. Maine is absolutely gorgeous along its rocky coast. The Mountains in New Hampshire and Vermont are very scenic. Ive visited 49 of the 50 states, theres beauty throughout this wonderful country!

There's not many places to go these days where people still act normal, at least most of them. Likely have to go to South Carolina, Alabama, or the central part of WV. Maybe even Kansas. I wrote on here a few years back about these lunatics taking over policy. Think herdman warned everybody countless times. Really looks like we're too far gone at this point. Ticking time bomb about to go off somewhere with all those terrorists mush has allowed in. Gonna be massive. Even Fetterman knows how bad his people have become.

That's not how life works. You're going to get kicked out of the Republican Party if you keep saying dumb shit like that

I'm a registered Independent. I was a Democrat for most of my life. I left it and registered as a Republican. Then I realized, party-loyalty is dumb. I vote for what's best under God, for my family and for America. Political parties don't offer that. I proudly left both parties.

You are a Bernie-boy.

And I agreed with you on the natural beauty. It's a dirty shame Democrats are making it impossible to enjoy.
See, your brain is still focused on politics. You really are a weirdo. How else to explain you reading my post, all of it about natural beauty, and immediately thinking "He's talking about minorities." You are ate up with this drivel.

See, your brain is still focused on politics. You really are a weirdo. How else to explain you reading my post, all of it about natural beauty, and immediately thinking "He's talking about minorities." You are ate up with this drivel.

It's not drivel. It's our country being destroyed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT