ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Marshall Football announces 2025 and 2027 match-ups with Ohio

MU should play OU every year in football, basketball, and every other sport in which both field teams at a similar level of commitment.
they only want to play in basketball on the years they feel they are superior.
I know for a fact the Mark tried and tried to get them on the basketball schedule this year and even though they had common opening dates, the refused to play.

We better hope these teams improve by 2025... Not exactly a murderer's row and certainly nobody that is going to draw any national interest.
Definitely not a murderer's row but Army was 11-2 last year and WMU is supposed to be one of the three best teams (along with Ohio and Toledo) in the MAC this year.

Either way it is a nice home schedule (seven home dates) for our fans. ECU, Army and OU should be fun games.

Definitely not a murderer's row but Army was 11-2 last year and WMU is supposed to be one of the three best teams (along with Ohio and Toledo) in the MAC this year.

Either way it is a nice home schedule (seven home dates) for our fans. ECU, Army and OU should be fun games.

Doubt army can continue that momentum that long. It is a fun schedule for us as fans I agree with ECU, Ohio, and a military academy. But it also has the potential to be a very, very bad OOC schedule.

I’m ok with no P5s this year because we have the premier G5 team on the schedule and got lucky Cincy is in an upswing. Who knows what kind of squad we’ll have in 6 years, but that schedule could cost us a lot of respect ala 14 if the stars align.

Doubt army can continue that momentum that long. It is a fun schedule for us as fans I agree with ECU, Ohio, and a military academy. But it also has the potential to be a very, very bad OOC schedule.

I’m ok with no P5s this year because we have the premier G5 team on the schedule and got lucky Cincy is in an upswing. Who knows what kind of squad we’ll have in 6 years, but that schedule could cost us a lot of respect ala 14 if the stars align.
All of this is fair. Can't argue with any of it.

Reactions: HerdFan73
I understand the appeal of playing Ohio but there are higher profile teams, in better recruiting areas, with openings in their 2025 and 2027 schedules. I know that its it's possible that an agreement couldn't be made to make one or more of those matchups happen, but I think that Marshall needs to find more, and even new, partners from the other G5 conferences for future games.

I understand the appeal of playing Ohio but there are higher profile teams, in better recruiting areas, with openings in their 2025 and 2027 schedules. I know that its it's possible that an agreement couldn't be made to make one or more of those matchups happen, but I think that Marshall needs to find more, and even new, partners from the other G5 conferences for future games.
Everyone’s a critic!! king - I am sure you are right. But, we’re not in the room listening in on conversations Mike is having w/potential opponents. I believe he’s doing a fantastic job - for all sports! Go Herd

We better hope these teams improve by 2025... Not exactly a murderer's row and certainly nobody that is going to draw any national interest.

Well, when it comes to "national interest" I note that Army drew 31 votes in this week's AP poll, right behind Cincinnati which had 48. Which means that the Black Knights come in 30th in this week's poll. That gives the Herd THREE Top 30 foes on this year's schedule, two of them at home. Power foe or not, that's not too shabby, IMO.

Oh, by the way NO CUSA team garnered a single vote in this week's poll. Zero, Zip, Zilch, NADA!!! Heck, even the Sun Belt's Appy State got 4 votes (and they're on future Herd schedules, too!).

Reactions: HerditAllBefore
Everyone’s a critic!! king - I am sure you are right. But, we’re not in the room listening in on conversations Mike is having w/potential opponents. I believe he’s doing a fantastic job - for all sports! Go Herd

Hence why I said that it's possible that an agreement couldn't be worked out. I presume that Hamrick has spoken with the majority, if not all, of the FBS schools about future games. It is what he gets paid to do.

I agree that Hamrick has done some great things for the athletic department, including scheduling. Boise State, Army, Navy, Pitt, NC State, Purdue, etc. are all great gets for our program. It's just hard to get excited about Ohio, Liberty, Appy State, and Western Michigan. Especially Liberty and Appy State. Perhaps I'm being too picky. For example, Boise State still has some openings for the mid 2020 seasons that appear to line up with some of our openings. I'm hoping that Hamrick and the BSU AD can come to an agreement to schedule another home-and-home series. Syracuse and UVA also still have some open slots. I think those would be good match ups for The Herd too. Let's hope.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Well, when it comes to "national interest" I note that Army drew 31 votes in this week's AP poll, right behind Cincinnati which had 48. Which means that the Black Knights come in 30th in this week's poll. That gives the Herd THREE Top 30 foes on this year's schedule, two of them at home. Power foe or not, that's not too shabby, IMO.

Oh, by the way NO CUSA team garnered a single vote in this week's poll. Zero, Zip, Zilch, NADA!!! Heck, even the Sun Belt's Appy State got 4 votes (and they're on future Herd schedules, too!).
How the Hell did Army get a single vote after barely beating a Rice team that may win one game this year and that win would be against UTEP? These polls are straight stupid and should go away.

Reactions: ohio herd
How the Hell did Army get a single vote after barely beating a Rice team that may win one game this year and that win would be against UTEP? These polls are straight stupid and should go away.

I could not agree more... Polls shouldn't start coming out until after Week 3.

Reactions: ohio herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT