ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall Board of Governor's update

goherd73

Gold Buffalo
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2007
MU BOG met yesterday.
Here's some of the highlights according to this morning's HD

Approved an increase in costs to the Baseball Field with the completion date still on target, on schedule.

Approved a new PhD in Engineering. We and OU in Athens will be the only schools offering this degree within 100 miles. PhD students in this degree should increase to about 25 within 5 years which will provide a net revenue of over $100,000 for the school.
This will also help MU retain Carnegie R2 research status.

27% of students at Marshall are grad students with 32% of them online. Grad enrollment is up 5% this year.

The University reduced their deficit by $6 million this year and should be net positive by 2027.

Classes in the just completed Brad Smith Center for Business and Innovation will start next month. Located in the 1400 block of 4th Ave, it will be one of the anchoring points for the the new 4th Avenue Innovation District which will increase the campus two blocks toward downtown.

Lot's of exciting stuff going on at MU these days.

….but his wife posts pics of their home. (Iykyk).
The tone-deaf comments must have made it back, since the posts boasting about their vacation homes in other states suddenly stopped.

It's the right thing to do when your husband's salary, your residence, etc. are all being paid by taxpayers in one of the poorest (and fattest, and unhealthiest, and unhappiest, and most addicted, and least educated, etc.) states in the country.

Reactions: Ninegate
The tone-deaf comments must have made it back, since the posts boasting about their vacation homes in other states suddenly stopped.

It's the right thing to do when your husband's salary, your residence, etc. are all being paid by taxpayers in one of the poorest (and fattest, and unhealthiest, and unhappiest, and most addicted, and least educated, etc.) states in the country.
You don't know much about Brad's salary, do you?

Reactions: Jartard
You don't know much about Brad's salary, do you?
Oh, he is paying market rent to the state for the house? Is this another claim of him not accepting a salary?

If those are true, which I have seen no support of, it still doesn’t change the tone-deafness.

muthed - you’re dealing with a guy who, witnessing the Lord Jesus Christ descending from heaven to fulfill his promise to save believers & redeem the dead faithful, would sniff his nose & remark that he sure took his sweet time coming back, and that he could use a bath & a haircut……
And then I would scold him for allowing morons like you to be created.

• Haha
Reactions: MUMAN3419
Oh, he is paying market rent to the state for the house? Is this another claim of him not accepting a salary?

If those are true, which I have seen no support of, it still doesn’t change the tone-deafness.
I was talking about salary, not other perks. Don't try to change what I stated, d#mbxss.

- Baseball stadium on target for completion despite no permits.
- New engineering PhD program approved.
- Grad enrollment up.
- Deficit is drastically reduced and should be eliminated in a few years.
- New business center getting ready to open.

Hard not to be happy about our direction.

Last edited:
- Baseball stadium on target for complete despite no permits.
- New engineering PhD program approved.
- Grad enrollment up.
- Deficit is drastically reduced and should be eliminated in a few years.
- New business center getting ready to open.

Hard not to be happy about our direction.
Great post!

The only thing I would add is to not forget about the new Cyber Security School. Things are certainly trending up for Marshall right now.

Rifle is just jealous of Brad smith. Rifles entire existence revolves around him trying to impress others with how "rich" he is. His jealousy gets the better of him when dealing with people that are truly wealthy. In other words rifle can't deal because Brad smith has fvck you money

Negativity like this makes me question why I use my time to check these boards.

We are lucky to have Brad Smith as our President - we could be finding ourselves to be in the same shape as WVU without someone so innovative and forward thinking.

For once I agree with you.

Marshall isn't closing a bunch of programs either, in fact, they're expanding.
Meanwhile, wvu's budget deficit is so large they're cutting programs and departments left and right.
The evidence of an altruistic mindset vs a self centered mindset in regards to leadership is quite profound.

For once I agree with you.

Marshall isn't closing a bunch of programs either, in fact, they're expanding.
Meanwhile, wvu's budget deficit is so large they're cutting programs and departments left and right.
The evidence of an altruistic mindset vs a self centered mindset in regards to leadership is quite profound.
The saga, and stench, of Gordon Gee will reverberate negatively, and remain, long after his planned departure in 2025. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch, and school, IMO!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT