ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall enrollment continues to grow

MStap

Silver Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2009
For the spring semester, undergrad enrollment is up 8% and grad enrollment is up 5.5%. Overall enrollment is up 7% from spring of 2023. According to the HD article, growth in metro students and retention seemed to be doing better than expected.

With the expansion areas Marshall is focusing on, such as cyber security, aviation, and medical, I believe we are positioned to continue growing in a college environment that is seeing enrollments decrease. It is great to see Marshall continue to thrive and kudos to Brad & co. for their great work. Brad is an invaluable asset to Marshall and Huntington.

Marshall sees increase in enrollment this spring compared to last spring
https://www.herald-dispatch.com/new...cle_a4c099ec-a1f5-56b6-9a3b-3c2c92a864de.html

Enrollment growth is the biggest impact to the local economy and also the future success of our sports programs. Most important thing Brad is getting done. Every student is 100s more dollars to athletics.

Enrollment growth is the biggest impact to the local economy and also the future success of our sports programs. Most important thing Brad is getting done. Every student is 100s more dollars to athletics.

Completely agree. Every additional student is one more person renting an apartment, eating at local restaurants, spending money at local shops and events, etc. Marshall’s successes in attracting addition students is putting a lot of money in the local economy.

With athletics, not only does it increase how much athletics gets in student fees, but many of them generate more in the form of bring family/friends to a game, buying merch and concessions, and, most importantly, becoming lifelong fans/donors.

This is why it is so great to see our trend of enrollment growth. With Brad making the smart decisions to focus on high paying and growing sectors like aviation, cyber security, medical, and tech I believe we are going to continue to grow. This in turn will be great for Huntington as well. Exciting times and a bright outlook for the Marshall and Huntington communities!

Well stated MStap! Agree on all. I also love the “Marshall for All; Marshall Forever” concept President Smith has initiated.

Saw this on another board but it fits right into this enrollment thread. Marshall is giving a waiver to students graduating undergrad this spring or summer who start on a master's program. I couldn't tell from the article if it only applied to Marshall undergrad students or to any undergrads in general.

Either way, it is a good move by the school to help bolster the enrollment numbers. Great to see these kind of efforts and smart planning as ways of growing the total enrollment.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT