ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall makes US News list of top universities

Glad to see you made a new username Rifle... Welcome back...

No way to know if Marshall is #295 or #381 since the rankings list all those schools as "tied."

Reactions: ohio herd
Glad to see you made a new username Rifle... Welcome back...

No way to know if Marshall is #295 or #381 since the rankings list all those schools as "tied."

We're going to have to start quoting him since his posts are being deleted just as fast as he can type them out

Reactions: RhinoD
"For the first time, U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” rankings have recognized Marshall University among the nation’s top higher education institutions."

That's not true. It was ranked highly in the 90's, when I was there. I remember holding on to the US News magazine issue for the longest time because of it.

Reactions: mlblack16.
"For the first time, U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” rankings have recognized Marshall University among the nation’s top higher education institutions."

That's not true. It was ranked highly in the 90's, when I was there. I remember holding on to the US News magazine issue for the longest time because of it.
Marshall has received different kudos from US News over the years but has never been ranked as a national university. MU always been considered a regional college and been ranked with schools (Longwood, Morehead, Radford, etc) with the same designation.

U.S. News & World Report also recognized Marshall with the #147 position in the country in the “Social Mobility” category—a measure of how successful a school is at enrolling and graduating students who come from low-income households. Marshall is West Virginia’s only research university to be ranked in this category.

THAT is something to crow about, given the economic status of the state.

U.S. News & World Report also recognized Marshall with the #147 position in the country in the “Social Mobility” category—a measure of how successful a school is at enrolling and graduating students who come from low-income households. Marshall is West Virginia’s only research university to be ranked in this category.

Yes. That is what Marshall is all about. Always has been. Marshall and a few of the rural state colleges pick up the heavy burden of helping the products of our state's mediocre to awful, depending on your political view, public schools. A job the two institutions containing the name of the state long ago turned their backs upon.

In some alternate universe, where WV does not waste 60 to 70% of its higher ed budget, this state is not last in everything good and first in everything bad.

At graduation they used to ask the graduates who were the first in their families to graduate college to stand, it was usually like a third of the class. It is one of my favorite Marshall things.

Put that on a billboard around the capitol.

Seriously, that's not only a true statement, its an absolute burn to wvu.

Yes. That is what Marshall is all about. Always has been. Marshall and a few of the rural state colleges pick up the heavy burden of helping the products of our state's mediocre to awful, depending on your political view, public schools. A job the two institutions containing the name of the state long ago turned their backs upon.

In some alternate universe, where WV does not waste 60 to 70% of its higher ed budget, this state is not last in everything good and first in everything bad.

At graduation they used to ask the graduates who were the first in their families to graduate college to stand, it was usually like a third of the class. It is one of my favorite Marshall things.
I was one of those in 1984

Reactions: The Real SamC
Why is the University of Charleston designated a "national" university. What research is being done there?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT