ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Marshall Purchases Flint Group Pigments Property

Is this the big lot across from Stewart’s between 4th and 5th?

Actually it’s the big lot across the street, to the west. I think the stadium area will encompass a small piece of the ACF lot as well. I hope the university has secured the lot you are referring to as well. That would be ideal parking.

Is this the big lot across from Stewart’s between 4th and 5th?
Almost... but close enough to enjoy a Stewart’s hotdog or 6 then walk to the stadium ... although by the concept Stewart’s will be closest to center field .... long walk to home plate for most of us lazy Stewart’s eaten West Virginians...

Reactions: Elkview
Hopefully there will be a bathroom along the way of that long walk as you'll need it after dining on a Stewie dog...

I still have some concerns regarding the tight construction timeline, but I wish the project all the luck in meeting that proposed deadline.

Hopefully there will be a bathroom along the way of that long walk as you'll need it after dining on a Stewie dog...

I still have some concerns regarding the tight construction timeline, but I wish the project all the luck in meeting that proposed deadline.

I have a good friend who assisted in the design and specs for the High Point Rockers Stadium. It went from moving dirt to opening day in 13 months. It can be done if everyone has their shit together.

He also happens to be a Marshall grad.

I'm happy about the construction timeline...shows MH doesn't screw around and has a public and published goal.

I want the timeline to work but given the history of that piece of land and BASF/Flint, at least the rumors and talk from former employees, I just hope no environmental surprises pop up once the dirt starts to move.

Actually it’s the big lot across the street, to the west. I think the stadium area will encompass a small piece of the ACF lot as well. I hope the university has secured the lot you are referring to as well. That would be ideal parking.

Isn't that owned by The United Way?
I know you gotta write checks for parking passes to them...or someone not named ACF.

Isn't that owned by The United Way?
I know you gotta write checks for parking passes to them...or someone not named ACF.

Not sure. I thought that was purchased by HMDA. If so, I would think they would allow or sell a strip to Marshall for minimal cost to make sure the stadium is done right. You bring up a good point.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
Not sure. I thought that was purchased by HMDA. If so, I would think they would allow or sell a strip to Marshall for minimal cost to make sure the stadium is done right. You bring up a good point.

I hope MU gets it. Repave the place and put in formal parking spots. They could really dress up an eyesore parking lot like that one. Put a 4 ft high brick wall and some black fence around.
Maybe even allow tailgating as well? Always baffles me that there isn't tailgating at that lot...same side as the stadium, easy walk, and quick access to either 5th ave or 3rd ave.
Instead fans are scattered in alleyways and behind buildings...its a weird setup.

So what is going on with with Flint Pigment property on the south side of 5th Ave? Are they still in business?

so Im guessing the purchase of the Flint property doesnt include the buildings and everything south of 5th? That would be a big piece of land with huge potential environmental concerns

so Im guessing the purchase of the Flint property doesnt include the buildings and everything south of 5th? That would be a big piece of land with huge potential environmental concerns

Correct, that’s my understanding.

The guys who have pajama parties with Hammy can explain in more detail. :D

Yes, many environmental concerns. Here is a fairly recent EPA report about potential contamination. https://www.epa.gov/hwcorrectiveact...-flint-group-pigments-formerlybasf-xsys-print

The former blue ink dye they manufactured would get into everything. The buildings, cars, a certain hot dog stand. Also, the BASF workers would have a blue tint to their sweat. Crazy.

That's why I mentioned the potential for environmental issues with the lot purchased by Marshall. The rumor has always been that over the years, the plant would dump waste on that property. But like I said, that's the rumor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT