ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall to Sun Belt with JMU, ODU and Southern Miss?

Look at the founding member schools and tell me which ones have more basketball recognition/history than football.

Cincy
Louisville
DePaul
Marquette
St. Louis
South Florida
Charlotte
Southern Miss
UAB
Memphis
Tulane

Oh and there's this, 'The conference immediately started competition in all sports, except football which started in 1996.'

Wow, its like football wasn't important.

It's the other way around goddamn Sam, CUSA appears to have been primarily founded as a basketball conference.
shhhhhhhhh. He "asked a question".

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
Then, explain to me why these schools are here, rather than simply dropping football and finding refuge in a geographically logical basketball conference.
Still waiting.

And, yes, CUSA 1.0, which we were not involved in, was a basketball league. And?

THIS IS A FOOTBALL LEAGUE. YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN BEING IN A LEAGUE THIS GEOGRAPHICALLY ILLOGICAL OTHERWISE.

I win.

Easy there charlie.

charlie-sheen-winning.gif

Still no answer, just humor.

Because I am right. You are wrong. If you want to have a meme war, do it elsewhere. If you want to have a serious discussion of the issue, then answer the question, or have the balls to admit you have spoken about a subject you lack the ability to discuss due to low knowledge of the subject matter.

Your choice.

I've heard there's some Herd fans that even dislike members of their own fanbase, to the point of starting multiple brawls at games. Have to wonder if vitriol creates interest under that scenario.

It's a chicken or egg scenario depending on who you talk to I suppose.

^^This is why you aren't worth a serious response. By the way. It was a gif...not a meme.
Raleigh - you surely know that it is pointless to get tangled up with Sam? He stays in a deep, dark place, where you have to be looking for trouble to get near him. Here is a picture of Sam in situ:
Sam
Beware of the blue thingamabob!! It lures you in, and then those choppers! It is a learned skill to avoid getting too close to the light !!

The teams leaving the AAC to join the Big 12 will be leaving a conference that erroneously puts "Power 6" on their down markers for a conference that would be erroneously putting "Power 5" on theirs.
I'm not sure how the Big12 after expansion is worse than the PAC and outside of Clemson's recent success the ACC. Reports are it's only looking at a 10% loss in revenue after Oklahoma and Texas leave.

The gap just got wider between G5 and P5 and there are only a couple programs left that have a chance of being considered P5.

This is why the AAC is the best possible scenario. Coastal and Louisiana are two Coaching hires away from the flash in the pan being over.

Better fit Sun Belt

Better business decision AAC.

I'm not sure how the Big12 after expansion is worse than the PAC and outside of Clemson's recent success the ACC. Reports are it's only looking at a 10% loss in revenue after Oklahoma and Texas leave.

The gap just got wider between G5 and P5 and there are only a couple programs left that have a chance of being considered P5.

This is why the AAC is the best possible scenario. Coastal and Louisiana are two Coaching hires away from the flash in the pan being over.

Better fit Sun Belt

Better business decision AAC.
…….how many G5 football programs across the land could survive 2 (bad) coaching hires in a row w/o plummeting in performance/perception?
Case in point: this weekend’s opponent, ECU.
Ruffin McNeil had mediocre success in his (4, I believe?) season tenure. The Pirates are now on their second HC post Ruff, and frankly they are a lost program. Should we come out with a win Saturday, they would be 0-3 and going into their conference schedule it is hard to see 3 wins…..point is, few programs at our level can afford 2 bad hires in a row w/o permanently damaging the football team.

I'm not sure how the Big12 after expansion is worse than the PAC and outside of Clemson's recent success the ACC.

The new Big XII: WVU, Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State [and then maybe] Cincinnati, UCF, Houston and BYU.

When I look at that list, I see two schools with national championships in football; one of those happened in 1984, and the other was self-awarded. Both come from schools who would [possibly] be entering the conference from G5.

The oft-mentioned criticism of the ACC and PAC-12 by Big XII fans bears an irony I can't get over. I've frequently heard locals postulate about how "if USC and Oregon left the PAC-12" or "if Clemson and Florida State left the ACC" they wouldn't be P5 anymore. Well, I got some bad news, those theories remain theories, while it just literally happened to the Big XII.

Reports are it's only looking at a 10% loss in revenue after Oklahoma and Texas leave.

More bad news: Texas and Oklahoma account for approximately 50% of the current Big XII TV contract.

My source? Bob Bowlsby, Commissioner of the Big XII Conference, the last human being on Earth that would want to admit that publicly, admitting it publicly.

I can provide a link if you need it but Google is right up there in the corner of your browser.

Last edited:
You left out Oklahoma State, and T. Bone is so pissed, you may not make the cut on his final will.
Shit I thought I put them in there (I even used a list to make sure I didn't get it wrong). Honestly, with NIL, they have the best chance of any of these teams outside of maybe Houston of still being relevant on the national scene in 4-5 years.

If you want to tread water in the future, you better have a T. Boone or a Tillman Fertita that just has so much money they can waste a couple hundred million paying semi-illiterate inner city kids to endorse their oil fields and chicken wing shacks.

Reactions: Jartard
Anybody who takes the Big 12 3.0 seriously as an equal of the P4 is a mind numbed Spamite.

But, once again, we get to see just how insular and, bluntly, stupid, one has to be to follow USPAM. Within, what, six weeks, we have fixated Spamites here on our board spewing about how Texas and Oklahoma (50% of the TV values in the Big 2, Little 8, and that is a conservative estimate) are NBD, and, get this, that Cincinnati or UCF or whatever, who they dismissed last month are somehow NOW important.

These people will believe whatever Spamspew they are told. They have to. Following college football on a national basis is antithetical to follow USAPM

Reactions: 19MU88
UCF ring a bell? They won’t be back to the levels that Frost had them at, nor will Frost sniff the success he had there.

The new Big XII: WVU, Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State [and then maybe] Cincinnati, UCF, Houston and BYU.

When I look at that list, I see two schools with national championships in football; one of those happened in 1984, and the other was self-awarded. Both come from schools who would [possibly] be entering the conference from G5.

The oft-mentioned criticism of the ACC and PAC-12 by Big XII fans bears an irony I can't get over. I've frequently heard locals postulate about how "if USC and Oregon left the PAC-12" or "if Clemson and Florida State left the ACC" they wouldn't be P5 anymore. Well, I got some bad news, those theories remain theories, while it just literally happened to the Big XII.

More bad news: Texas and Oklahoma account for approximately 50% of the current Big XII TV contract.

My source? Bob Bowlsby, Commissioner of the Big XII Conference, the last human being on Earth that would want to admit that publicly, admitting it publicly.

I can provide a link if you need it but Google is right up there in the corner of your browser.
'licious - you DID put them in there!! Some people........

UCF ring a bell? They won’t be back to the levels that Frost had them at, nor will Frost sniff the success he had there.
Let's be honest, it was George "I Killed a Erick Plancher" O'Leary that got them where they were. I haven't seen much about him lately, but rumor is he turned back into a swarm of locusts and flew West.

Reactions: Jartard
Let's be honest, it was George "I Killed a Erick Plancher" O'Leary that got them where they were. I haven't seen much about him lately, but rumor is he turned back into a swarm of locusts and flew West.
Either way, UCF is the placeholder until Miami/Florida/Florida State finally get their sh!t together.

…….how many G5 football programs across the land could survive 2 (bad) coaching hires in a row w/o plummeting in performance/perception?
Case in point: this weekend’s opponent, ECU.
Ruffin McNeil had mediocre success in his (4, I believe?) season tenure. The Pirates are now on their second HC post Ruff, and frankly they are a lost program. Should we come out with a win Saturday, they would be 0-3 and going into their conference schedule it is hard to see 3 wins…..point is, few programs at our level can afford 2 bad hires in a row w/o permanently damaging the football team.
Hell, go closer. WKU...once they won CUSA the 2nd time, they've struggled to win against FCS opponents.
Southern Miss is quite possibly the worst when it comes to bad HC hires.

That's my concern. We go Belt. 1-2 years App St bolts and then we are back to square one.

Louisiana is having issues this year. Granted was not a bad loss against Texas. Last week's squeak-by of Nicholls St would be a little concerning. CC, granted beat Kansas, but let that offensive juggernaut put 20 on them. I have a feeling the first real D cc sees they may have problems. Either Buffalo or App St. later on in the season.

Memories

I was referring to App. St leaving for another conference. Primarily, the AAC. Now may be a possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT