ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall vs Charlotte

Let's take all 3 timeouts into the lockeroom with us. It's not like we couldn't have used those at some point when they were working our lines like poop through a goose.

Had to save them in case we had a chance to run our vaunted 2 minute offense where we run it up the middle.

We have 26 yards rushing. That’s 26 more than we had last week. We are really progressing.

130 total offense. I remember when we could get that in a quarter.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
First half thoughts: Defense looked very good with the exception of the first Charlotte drive. Offense is yet again putrid. The one TD we did get is because the defense/special teams got us the ball on the Charlotte 1 yard line. Other than that we scored just 6 points on two field goals. Not good.

We let Charlotte have the ball for 20 minutes of the first half and they're on pace to run for 200 yards against us. Our defense is not playing well either.

Are you kidding about the defense, 10 points in 20 minutes of possession, if it was not for them we be getting our ass kicked. What else you want them to do.

Reactions: Cherobee
It's Doc and his Ultra-Conservative style. It wasn't Legg after all, It's Doc making the O-Coordinator play his
style of ball. Let's not do anything to get blown out and hope for the best. It's time to invest in a different philosophy.
We are not firing Doc, we are letting go of his Style and Philosophy of the game.

Boys, get used to 7-5 seasons and not being a factor in CUSA. The new reality of MU football.

Knox looked like he got a little dinged up on that last big run and needed a quick rest. Anderson went back out there but I dont think he is healthy. I wouldnt run Anderson anymore. If he is out there let him block but dont have him run the ball.

He doesn't like to run up the score on anyone let alone Charlotte. To many Marshall connections. I don't agree with it but it is what it is. At least put the 2nd team in. The first team already knows how to go nowhere with the ball and punt.

It's Doc and his Ultra-Conservative style. It wasn't Legg after all, It's Doc making the O-Coordinator play his
style of ball. Let's not do anything to get blown out and hope for the best. It's time to invest in a different philosophy.
We are not firing Doc, we are letting go of his Style and Philosophy of the game.

Or maybe cramsey is billlegg2.0

Reactions: FballMD and herd66
Or maybe cramsey is billlegg2.0
I dont think its either of those things. Its probably more of the fact the O line has struggled against better defenses which has limited the running game and he has a freshman QB that isnt ready to run the offense he would like to run and the other QB that has played cant throw an accurate pass over 5 yards. Cramsey doesnt have all the right pieces just yet. Give him a couple of years and see if the offense looks different.

Reactions: Tim_N_Montana
I dont think its either of those things. Its probably more of the fact the O line has struggled against better defenses which has limited the running game and he has a freshman QB that isnt ready to run the offense he would like to run and the other QB that has played cant throw an accurate pass over 5 yards. Cramsey doesnt have all the right pieces just yet. Give him a couple of years and see if the offense looks different.

Joy... the same crap that’s always said about Marshall... blah blah we are young blah blah coach doesn’t have he’s players coached yet blah blah two more years blah blah ....

Reactions: FballMD
Made it back home to Roanoke. We had a blast for our first time at MU (despite freezing). We walked around the main campus, which is beautiful. Nice stadium with a good pregame atmosphere. The Thunder Walk was really cool and was fun to be a part of. We also enjoyed the Chad Pennington Hall of Fame. Can't wait to come back!

Made it back home to Roanoke. We had a blast for our first time at MU (despite freezing). We walked around the main campus, which is beautiful. Nice stadium with a good pregame atmosphere. The Thunder Walk was really cool and was fun to be a part of. We also enjoyed the Chad Pennington Hall of Fame. Can't wait to come back!

Glad you had a great time. I just wish more of our fans showed up to make the atmosphere in the stadium better. We should have 25k in the stands for this game if we are winless. The lack of a student section was especially disappointing.

No! You can't post this!
It's optimism!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT