ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall vs FAU

Team looks like they expect to win games. Stupid penalties but overall they look better and better every week IMO.

Reactions: 19MU88
Marshall finished the game. Defensive line got great pressure on QB only rushing 4. Grant showed his arm off with some nice throws. Way too many drops by the receivers. UAB will be tough.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Solid win. Team was tested early, bent but didn't breake, and eventually controlled the game.

MU is in first in the East, LFG!!!

The thing I really noticed about last night's performance was clock management. Grant waited patiently especially in the 4th qtr, letting the play clock wind down to the final 2-3 seconds before snapping.

Also, it was an excellent job on our last drive. I think we could've scored as we had momentum, but intentionally slowed down and milked a considerable amount of time.

The thing I really noticed about last night's performance was clock management. Grant waited patiently especially in the 4th qtr, letting the play clock wind down to the final 2-3 seconds before snapping.

Also, it was an excellent job on our last drive. I think we could've scored as we had momentum, but intentionally slowed down and milked a considerable amount of time.
I think the coaches have done a great job of adapting as the season goes on. This game going into the 4th was similar to ECU but they played it much different.

Per guesswork here, but it seems that Huff has adapted to the players we have now. Maybe we don’t have the personnel to run the exact offense or defense he’d like so we have slowed it down on offense and seem to play more bend don’t break on defense instead of ultra aggressive all the time that exposed our secondary.

I think doc would have lost that game. Don’t get the 2 calls to have Grant run the ball at the end though. I liked the fake field goal to draw them offsides. To bad we didn’t do anything with the rest of the drive other then miss a field goal.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
I think doc would have lost that game. Don’t get the 2 calls to have Grant run the ball at the end though. I liked the fake field goal to draw them offsides. To bad we didn’t do anything with the rest of the drive other then miss a field goal.
True, the offense was sputtering at times and involved simple mistakes made by both Grant and the receivers. Luckily their receivers were having a bad night also or else the game could've turned out much different.

FAU receivers had great speed but no hands. We got lucky a few times. I’ll take it.
I also think our coaching staff is getting into a groove.
This team just seems to have a completely different feel than than the last couple of years. Seeing players communicating with one another on the sidelines, no frustration when someone makes a mistake. The biggest difference?? When Huff comes into the huddle and speaks….the players listen.

Reactions: 19MU88
Part of the issues on offense is that FAU has some really good talent relative to the other teams we play in conference. We make what appears to be unforced errors, and to extent they are, but when the defense makes you work hard you will make mistakes.

It’s a 15 point road win over 1 of the two teams we have to beat to win the East. I’ll take it with no complaints.

When Huff comes into the huddle and speaks….the players listen.
BIG change!! And you can tell: he absolutely relishes those moments!! Before gets in there, he is thinking through what he wants to communicate. When he steps in to his “teaching moment”, every set of eyes in that huddle is focused & ears are bent…..

FAU receivers had great speed but no hands. We got lucky a few times. I’ll take it.
I also think our coaching staff is getting into a groove.
This team just seems to have a completely different feel than than the last couple of years. Seeing players communicating with one another on the sidelines, no frustration when someone makes a mistake. The biggest difference?? When Huff comes into the huddle and speaks….the players listen.
Yes, I hadn't noticed Huff in the huddles previously. I like him getting involved, although he probably is heavily involved through the headsets. How about his reaction on the fake field goal?

Reactions: raleighherdfan
In all honesty Huff has been solid with the exception of the second half against ECU... I don't blame him for a close loss on the road at App, which was a toss-up game... Nor do I blame him for 6 turnovers at MTSU. That loss was on the players, not the gameplan.

He’s a blend of Knox and Tyler King. Can be steady, move pile, and runs violent in tight space like Knox, but has the homerun hitting ability of King. Let’s enjoy him as long as possible… he’s been fantastic this season, and he’s fun to watch.

You know that why?
Is there anything you dont look at through a "half empty" prism? You did not mention Knox originally so I wont mention him.

Darius was a good kid, but didn't seem to have the intelligence or drive Ali has to be a great back. By all reports and people I've spoken to, Ali's work ethic and discipline is "next level".

Is there anything you dont look at through a "half empty" prism? You did not mention Knox originally so I wont mention him.

Darius was a good kid, but didn't seem to have the intelligence or drive Ali has to be a great back. By all reports and people I've spoken to, Ali's work ethic and discipline is "next level".

It’s called perspective. Never said any of them were bad kids, but to suggest Ali wouldn’t leave early like you know that or him for certain is not a good take. Agents, money, family, peer pressure to take an early stab at the NFL is always enticing to college athletes. Not to mention the transfer portal to a P5 school to solidify your position for the aforementioned.

It’s called perspective. Never said any of them were bad kids, but to suggest Ali wouldn’t leave early like you know that or him for certain is not a good take. Agents, money, family, peer pressure to take an early stab at the NFL is always enticing to college athletes. Not to mention the transfer portal to a P5 school to solidify your position for the aforementioned.
That's a risk for anyone. You specifically mentioned a comparison between Darius and Ali. "Darius Marshall himself" was a bad take because you're implying they are the same type of kid. Completely different kids, coaches, scenarios. Just watch and enjoy his play while you can. No need to "what if" at this point.

That's a risk for anyone. You specifically mentioned a comparison between Darius and Ali. "Darius Marshall himself" was a bad take because you're implying they are the same type of kid. Completely different kids, coaches, scenarios. Just watch and enjoy his play while you can. No need to "what if" at this point.

How is that an implication of anything? Darius gambled and left early and it failed, period. I hope Ali doesn’t do the same, doesn’t mean that he will but let’s hope he doesn’t do that to himself

How is that an implication of anything? Darius gambled and left early and it failed, period. I hope Ali doesn’t do the same, doesn’t mean that he will but let’s hope he doesn’t do that to himself
Darius also didn't have the discipline to stay away from weed long enough to even get past an NFL physical. Again. Ali and Darius are completely different kids.

I’m not referring to personal problems, just the point of leaving early for the draft. You keep changing the narrative, stop
I didn't declare "Darius Marshall himself". You attempted to be negative on one kid by comparing him to another. I've never changed the narrative. You're the one that introduced personal issues/reasons: "Agents, money, family, peer pressure". Shouldn't I then be allowed to mention the single biggest reason he didn't make it to the NFL? All I said is they are not the same kid. Just enjoy this kid's play. He is a special kind of player.
(The fact that Real Sammy likes your post tells me my point is valid)

I don’t think his leaving was entirely about where he thought he’d be drafted. If you recall, he had some lazy practice habits and as I understand it a few off field habits that probably were not going to work with a new incoming coaching staff. He took his chance and went.

I didn't declare "Darius Marshall himself". You attempted to be negative on one kid by comparing him to another. I've never changed the narrative. You're the one that introduced personal issues/reasons: "Agents, money, family, peer pressure". Shouldn't I then be allowed to mention the single biggest reason he didn't make it to the NFL? All I said is they are not the same kid. Just enjoy this kid's play. He is a special kind of player.
(The fact that Real Sammy likes your post tells me my point is valid)

You have no point here, you normally never have a point. I said I hope he doesn’t Darius Marshall himself. That was it, nothing more. You had to come back and try to need sense of it, which you’ve failed to do. It’s pretty simple, I hope he doesn’t leave early. How hard is THAT for you to figure out?

You have no point here, you normally never have a point. I said I hope he doesn’t Darius Marshall himself. That was it, nothing more. You had to come back and try to need sense of it, which you’ve failed to do. It’s pretty simple, I hope he doesn’t leave early. How hard is THAT for you to figure out?
And all I said initially was, he's not Darius Marshall. You wanted to make it into some type of "oh yeah....what do you know" back and forth. I told you what I know of Ali and what I remember of Darius. They are completely different in their mindset, preparation, and focus. It's not that hard to figure out.

And all I said initially was, he's not Darius Marshall. You wanted to make it into some type of "oh yeah....what do you know" back and forth. I told you what I know of Ali and what I remember of Darius. They are completely different in their mindset, preparation, and focus. It's not that hard to figure out.
Age you know him personally? And you know how all these factors are going to play out? You don’t so don’t act like you do. Which was my basis of my second point on the subject

..................How about this, Mister Marine? One of Raleigh's 1st comments in this thread:

"Ali is a beast."

I don't think that is a controversial statement, no not at all controversial. So, why turn it into a spat? This is a good example of where you're just bored and need a good argument to give you something to focus on. Grab a beer, go outside - it's a beautiful day! Gonna turn cold soon enough.

Reactions: marshallsig
..................How about this, Mister Marine? One of Raleigh's 1st comments in this thread:

"Ali is a beast."

I don't think that is a controversial statement, no not at all controversial. So, why turn it into a spat? This is a good example of where you're just bored and need a good argument to give you something to focus on. Grab a beer, go outside - it's a beautiful day! Gonna turn cold soon enough.
Jesus Christ you’re the one talking about turning something into a spat?

Age you know him personally? And you know how all these factors are going to play out? You don’t so don’t act like you do. Which was my basis of my second point on the subject
I've spoken to people that do know him personally. He isn't Darius. Fact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT