ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall vs NCST game thread

How many times do we run on 2nd down... can we not get more creative... bills playbook has went from 3 plays to about 10... litton threw well tonight and Brady and company had great moments...... but come on bill legg grow some d*mn balls you pussy ....Marshall football plays for championships not take a knee with two timeouts and time on the clock........ hope this is your last year...

Wish we could have punched it in there at the end but I think this team is much improved from last year after watching the 1st 2 games. NC State's D line is unreal and they had some playmakers on offense too.

Let's kick the crap out of Kent and go to Cincy confident.

Reactions: ohio herd
NCState and phantom penalties. How many times down there did that cost us in the past. Ugh!
NCState and phantom penalties. How many times down there did that cost us in the past. Ugh!
NC State no penalties really!

CUSA OFFICIALS did us no justice tonight.....everytime The HERD mounted a second half comeback..YELLOW flags. Slap to the face, holding, Davis return for TD called back..... etc. We can not blame ACC refs....we can BLAME CUSA league refs.

Doc needs to get on their asses after the game....

HerdZilla22

The stats were almost identical with the exception of penalties and the costly turnover in our own end.

Some (not most) of the offensive line penalties can be attributed to the defensive line they were playing.

Overall it was better than I excpected.

Wish we could have punched it in there at the end but I think this team is much improved from last year after watching the 1st 2 games. NC State's D line is unreal and they had some playmakers on offense too.

Let's kick the crap out of Kent and go to Cincy confident.

NC State's offensive & defensive lines are senior dominated. #9 Chugg (SP) is a beast and will most likely be playing on Sundays. Their QB, Finley settled down and had a nice outing.

The HERD played well except for untimely penalities (some very questable (?) called by the CUSA Officials). Litton played his best game in a long time. Trye BRADY.....he almost broke Randy's record for single game receptions going for over 250 yards. We need to run the ball better.*****......Our Offense is maturing and I doubt Marshall will face a defense like the Wolfpack when we enter CUSA play. Defense needs a better pass rush to help our d-backs. They got burned a lot tonight and they showed poor tackling skills.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Agree we need to run better, but we did improve. 4 yard average with 101 yards on the ground. Not great but not bad considering the competition.

I just left the stadium and I'm furious.. all the while I had a good time. Had beers at the half with nc state fans. Good people. Some were jerks. At half they were quiet.. but those holding calls before half that gave them the touchdown were so sad. I told a friend that was the end with those refs. Sure we can B**** about refs but that's what we said last time we were here. Shoulda known. They fudged all game. Shame on these blues. Dog gone it, we are the better team and I HIGHLY look forward to the rest of our season. Good job tonight HERD.

I have to admit....we played much better than I thought and kept it closer than I thought, but thank goodness we are in CUSA.

Key take aways IMO. Brady is legit. NCSt defense is probably over rated. Litton still needs a QB coach. Yuracheck wasn't thrown to or used enough in the offense. Bonehead Offensive penalties continue to kill drives. How the hell do we not have a punter? Our dline and LBs played well. Still believe we had no more than 10 different offensive plays used. Why is Davis not getting the opportunity to run??

Last edited:
I agree bill legg added about 7 plays to his 1 sheet playbook. We have weapons of offense for sure and here we are another season of bill legg acting like we don't have the right players to fit his needs...... chase made some great throws and some stupid throws.... over all tonight I blame this loss on not having a more creative offense, penalties and poor game management..... doc please do us all a favor and fire bill legg and if your not man enough to do it, I'll help you and give you a shoulder to cry on... play for championships not just try your hardest and come close.....

Overall i thought we improved over week one... Tyre Brady is a stud and with him, Willy Johnson and Yurachek we should be able to move the ball. Litton was composed and made good decisions with one exception late when the gane was already decided.

A few things to consider for improvement...

1. More Keion Davis at RB... the kid may not be super consistent but he is a potential game breaker on every touch. Needs to get a few more carries in space IMO.

2. New blitzes... Time to draw up something different because our D Line has played well against the run but we havent gotten any pressure in 2 games.

Overall i thought we improved over week one... Tyre Brady is a stud and with him, Willy Johnson and Yurachek we should be able to move the ball. Litton was composed and made good decisions with one exception late when the gane was already decided.

A few things to consider for improvement...

1. More Keion Davis at RB... the kid may not be super consistent but he is a potential game breaker on every touch. Needs to get a few more carries in space IMO.

2. New blitzes... Time to draw up something different because our D Line has played well against the run but we havent gotten any pressure in 2 games.

Yes need to blitz.... and I think we need to move Bee back to end... they have double teamed him everydown and he's wasting his pass rush talents.... he have to start pressuring the QB for sure.

Yes need to blitz.... and I think we need to move Bee back to end... they have double teamed him everydown and he's wasting his pass rush talents.... he have to start pressuring the QB for sure.

I think the only reason Bee was moved was due to Nyquan getting arrested and not playing.

Well I'm glad you all have everything figured out about our D-line now ..... would you please DOC put Bee back at Defensive End thank you....

Josh must have been in the dirty jock strap bin again when they told Bee he had to fill Harris's shoes while he was in jail...... thank you josh for your continued in depth knowledge of the herd football program...

It's been a waste watching Bee pushing 2 guys every down, absolutely useless to have him inside

Useless? Bee commanding double teams on the interior has helped allow our starting LB's to combine for 52 tackles, 8 TFL's, two sacks, and multiple pressures through two games.

He may not have the same type of numbers we've grown accustomed to him having, but it's anything but useless.

Reactions: ToesMU and JudgeDD
Yes your so right josh.... a defense allowing 63 points in two games is so great, I hope they keep Bee were they have him and keep up the great numbers!!

Yes your so right josh.... a defense allowing 63 points in two games is so great, I hope they keep Bee were they have him and keep up the great numbers!!

So you're saying opposing teams wouldn't have scored 63 points in two games with Bee at DE? What are you basing that on?

Yeap that's what I'm saying.... Bee would have given us pressure on the QB in both games. And your statement praising the LB tackle numbers and TFL's is great but we also have had 63 points scored against our starters in only 2 games ... so Bee at d-end could have and probably would have been a different outcome..... you can thank me later

Bee proved he was a monster at D-end last year .... at what point does a defensive coach say let try moving him? Stupid and your to dumb to see it...

Yeap that's what I'm saying.... Bee would have given us pressure on the QB in both games. And your statement praising the LB tackle numbers and TFL's is great but we also have had 63 points scored against our starters in only 2 games ... so Bee at d-end could have and probably would have been a different outcome..... you can thank me later

So who would you played at defensive tackle against NCSU?

Keep in mind that NyQuan Harris and Channing Hames were both unavailable.

Are you gonna play Aaron Dopson and Malik Thompson the entire game?

So who would you played at defensive tackle against NCSU?

Keep in mind that NyQuan Harris and Channing Hames were both unavailable.

Are you gonna play Aaron Dopson and Malik Thompson for the entire game?

It's almost like having 10-15 players defect every season is detrimental to depth....

It's almost like having 10-15 players defect every season is detrimental to depth....

It has affected us in certain positions, but not defensive tackle nearly as bad. Tomell One is the only player we've lost from there.

I would play any one at tackle to keep Bee at D-end, that easy......... hey Josh whenever your in the morning meeting room getting the inside scoop tell doc I said to put Bee back to end and fire bill legg it will solve all the problems...!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT