ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall vs. ODU

King looking very explosive in his limited carries this game. Davis is not looking bad but I would give King more carries in this second half.

I would still love to see Pittman get some carries. He has speed and strength. He is a better running back than Davis. Im not sure what Doc's issue with him is.

Pittman won’t ever be a full time RB. He has an injury preventing it. He will play some of the H-Back/ FB role

Reactions: ToesMU
Legg is going into don’t lose mode.

Yep, we are up 14-3 in the 3rd quarter. Time to milk the clock the rest of the game.

...although I will say trying to run it down their throat is not a bad idea. FAU rushed for 453 yards against this defense last week

Reactions: lexkyherdfan
Now that is how you call a play. Ran a play that almost scored on a long pass but ball was short due to rush. Basically call same play next play and bam... long TD.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
I like how we’ve played in the 4th quarter this year, but we are going to be down by 17 points going into the 4th against some teams if we play on offense like we have the first 3 quarters today, v uncc, and v Kent.

My take on the game was our defense is darn good. I realize we aren’t playing the elite of college football but I love the way our guys hit. They tackle really well. Our young corners are definitely starting to play well. Our LBs our top notch and our d line is great. It’s fun to watch them play.

On offense we can do better but I do think the talent is there. We have a very good one two punch in King and Davis. Brady is a phenomenal talent. May be as good as we have had here since Randy and we have had some great WRs here. Yurachek is a fantastic Tight End. Marcel and Willie are both solid WRs. Chase I really feel can be one of the next greats he just has to be more consistent. His throw to Brady and Yurachek were beautiful but he also had throws that were awful and left you scratching your head. But in the end we still scored 28, should have been 31, we missed the chip shot field goal on offense. The other 7 came courtesy of the special teams. We shut it down late in the fourth or we could have gotten a couple of more scores but there was no point. Dominating performance against an over matched opponent.

We are 5-1 we have a big one on the road next week. We definitely need to start quicker on offense. But overall I’m pretty happy where we are at. Honestly if we don’t choke away the NC State game we are probably in the top 25. Pretty nice bounce back so far from an abysmal 2017.

your first game all season?
No I say it every couple of games. I mean the guy lead the team with a 5.3 ypc average last year which was more than yard better than Davis at 4.2. The year before Pittman averaged 5.1 a carry which was second on the team only to Devon Johnson and still better than Davis at 4.5 or Anderson at 3.9. This year Doc isnt even letting him run and he is better that other guys who have had more touches.

No I say it every couple of games. I mean the guy lead the team with a 5.3 ypc average last year which was more than yard better than Davis at 4.2. The year before Pittman averaged 5.1 a carry which was second on the team only to Devon Johnson and still better than Davis at 4.5 or Anderson at 3.9. This year Doc isnt even letting him run and he is better that other guys who have had more touches.
Pittman has bad shins and can't play RB anymore due to poor initial explosion as a result of the problem. He does play FB and special teams though and is very good at both.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT