ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Marshall vs Ohio

Rourke should have been sacked on that 3rd down but instead he makes our defense look like a pee wee team.

Nice stop defense. Offense gets the ball back with 5:42 This is where we need to be able to pound the ball, pick up first downs and run time off the clock

Reactions: Chevy1
It's Doc. He can't prepare for games his first few possessions are scripted and for the most part goes fine. After that they seem to wing it and it shows.
Doc needs to go.

what is the deal with our time management? it is not good. we had to stock the clock there. why?

We have to score on this drive...
If we do score we should not go for 2. Sure if we make it we are up 10 but if we don't make it we are only up 8 and that's just a one possession game. Dont go for 2 if we get a TD

Maybe if you’re just trying to win the game...I want to play with confidence and bravado.

Maybe but sometimes you NEED to score in that situation to send a message to the opponent. And your future opponents.

If we do score we should not go for 2. Sure if we make it we are up 10 but if we don't make it we are only up 8 and that's just a one possession game. Dont go for 2 if we get a TD
I'm guessing you must have been in the marching band. If not, perhaps the dumbest post of the night.

I didn't think we'd be able to burn 5 mins + on the clock....but we did. Nice win. Like the fact we kept it to a two-point win - shows some respect to a team that came in and played a very tough game - like they always do.

Boise took a knee and didn’t rub it in our faces. I liked the move. Classy. We had the game won.
Boise actually fumbled the ball the play before and we recovered it but the officials didn't review it. We would have had a chance to win that game if the officials dont blow the call. We should have had the ball at that point. I'm not sure taking a knee was "classy" as much as Boise just dodged a bullet on a missed call and didnt want to potentially lose the game on another potential fumble.

Reactions: Elkview
it's dumb, because no coach in the history of football would have gone for two in that situation, especially with under two minutes left to play, moron.
You are the idiot, when I posted the comment there were about 5 minutes left in the game. Also regardless of that fact, do you need to be reminded of all the boneheaded decisions Doc has made throughout his career. Did you already forget stuff like the WVU game where Martin Ward was gashing the WVU defense and Doc pulls him out of the game and gives the ball to a running back that had never carried the ball with the win on the line? Yeah Doc would never made a boneheaded decision. Now go back to your corner and let the adults talk.

Boise actually fumbled the ball the play before and we recovered it but the officials didn't review it. We would have had a chance to win that game if the officials dont blow the call. We should have had the ball at that point. I'm not sure taking a knee was "classy" as much as Boise just dodged a bullet on a missed call and didnt want to potentially lose the game on another potential fumble.

You have no clue what you’re talking about.

The officials didn’t blow anything. Marshall shouldn’t have had the ball. Boise didn’t dodge a bullet nor was it a missed call. The QB’s elbow was clearly down. The elbow hitting the turf is what caused the fumble. I went back and watched the broadcast of the game, because I couldn’t tell the if it was a fumble or not originally.

And Boise wasn’t trying to run the score up. They faced a 3rd-and-3 with about 1:40 left. Marshall still had a time-out. If they had simply taken a knee on that play, it would have forced them into kicking a field goal which could have been blocked, missed, etc. Making it or not, it would have given Marshall the ball with 1:30+ left. They absolutely did the right thing by running the ball on 3rd-and-3 instead of taking a knee. When the fvck do you see a coach take a knee to kick a field goal and give the opponent the ball with 1:30 left?

Oh, and the broadcast is available on YouTube for free. You can watch the replay to see that the QB was down:

hBSugx3.jpg

h2fOWgF.jpg

oCuIk97.jpg

pfPBeXF.jpg

This is a weird post. There’s not a coach in America at any level of football who would go for two while up eight.
So you are really saying you have never seen a coach go for a two point conversion when they are up 8 so they can extend the lead to 10 which would require the opposing team to score a TD and field goal to tie? It happens all the time. Its called chasing points and coaches for whatever reason do it on a regular basis. A kicker misses an extra point and these coaches think they have to make it up.

So you are really saying you have never seen a coach go for a two point conversion when they are up 8 so they can extend the lead to 10 which would require the opposing team to score a TD and field goal to tie? It happens all the time. Its called chasing points and coaches for whatever reason do it on a regular basis. A kicker misses an extra point and these coaches think they have to make it up.
Lol no, no it doesn’t happen all the time. We all make non-sensical posts on occasion. No need to keep doubling down on yours.

You are the idiot, when I posted the comment there were about 5 minutes left in the game. Also regardless of that fact, do you need to be reminded of all the boneheaded decisions Doc has made throughout his career. Did you already forget stuff like the WVU game where Martin Ward was gashing the WVU defense and Doc pulls him out of the game and gives the ball to a running back that had never carried the ball with the win on the line? Yeah Doc would never made a boneheaded decision. Now go back to your corner and let the adults talk.
no coach in the history of football would have gone for two, up by eight points with five minutes to go in the game, moron. based on your Boise game post, you should probably stop talking about football. worse than your posts, is the fact that jarhead marine actually liked your post, which puts him on a higher level of moronic behavior than yourself.

="Dreh_Nagi_HC_IM, post: 633469, member: 10231"]it's dumb, because no coach in the history of football would have gone for two in that situation, especially with under two minutes left to play, moron.
The coach for Pitt might actually do that.:D

no coach in the history of football would have gone for two, up by eight points with five minutes to go in the game, moron. based on your Boise game post, you should probably stop talking about football. worse than your posts, is the fact that jarhead marine actually liked your post, which puts him on a higher level of moronic behavior than yourself.

Michigan is a better poster than you.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT