ADVERTISEMENT

Masters

The last two days show tiger wasn’t ready whether he made the cut or not
Dude is 46 and made the cut which is really good in itself. He makes that cut after damn ear losing his leg and all the surgeries and rehab. Makes the cut at the freakin' Masters without playing a tournament in a year and you are saying he wasn't ready. So, were the guys half of his age and ranked higher and didn't make the cut not ready ?

Do you understand how hard it would be to do what he did? He made the damn cut at the masters with a broken body. Hell , his back is still bad let alone the leg and other stuff.

Your statement is TOTALLY OFF BASE. HE IS OLD ENOUGH TO BE SCHEFFLER'S DAD. HE WAS IN A FREAKIN WHEELCHAIR THIS TIME LAST YEAR.

Dude is 46 and made the cut which is really good in itself. He makes that cut after damn ear losing his leg and all the surgeries and rehab. Makes the cut at the freakin' Masters without playing a tournament in a year and you are saying he wasn't ready. So, were the guys half of his age and ranked higher and didn't make the cut not ready ?

Do you understand how hard it would be to do what he did? He made the damn cut at the masters with a broken body. Hell , his back is still bad let alone the leg and other stuff.

Your statement is TOTALLY OFF BASE. HE IS OLD ENOUGH TO BE SCHEFFLER'S DAD. HE WAS IN A FREAKIN WHEELCHAIR THIS TIME LAST YEAR.
Dear lord… remove yourself from tigers nutsack. He looked good the first two days. Yesterday and today he looked like me. His stamina is not where it needs to be that’s what let him down.

• Haha
Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
Dear lord… remove yourself from tigers nutsack. He looked good the first two days. Yesterday and today he looked like me. His stamina is not where it needs to be that’s what let him down.
You can 78 in the Masters? Shows how good the guy is. Broken body, hasn't played in a tournament and makes the cut on 1/2 of a tank of gas. Frankly, that is damn impressive what he did. No other dude in that field could do that.

Reactions: thunderscope
In fairness herdman, I don’t think 429’s post was criticism. I think stamina was certainly a factor for Tiger. Now if he came out Saturday and put himself in contention early in the round, would adrenaline give him the boost he needed to keep his head in the tourney? Maybe.

I think with Tiger, when he is no longer in contention to win, that his lapse could certainly be more mental than physical. The only meat Tiger has left on the bone are a few more majors. I don’t imagine there’s much difference between second or last for him psychologically. I don’t think they mean anything. Winning a major is the only reason he would entertain playing right now.

Tiger’s play was surprising to me. I didn’t think he’d have a prayer making the cut. So he deserves credit for that. But I think he’d be the first to tell you he wasn’t ready yet.

In fairness herdman, I don’t think 429’s post was criticism. I think stamina was certainly a factor for Tiger. Now if he came out Saturday and puts himself in contention early in the round, would adrenaline give him the boost he needed to keep his head in the tourney? Maybe.

I think with Tiger, when he is no longer in contention to win, that his lapse could certainly be more mental than physical. The only meat Tiger has left on the bone are a few more majors. I don’t imagine there’s much difference between second or last for him psychologically. I don’t think they mean anything. Winning a major is the only reason he would entertain playing right now.

Tiger’s play was surprising to me. I didn’t think he’d have a prayer making the cut. So he deserves credit for that. But I think he’d be the first to tell you he wasn’t ready yet.
Fair enough. Maybe I misunderstood. Been on a golf trip I have heard the Tiger bashing all weekend.

He is going to have to play more than the majors in my opinion. I don't know how you just show up at majors and win one. You have to get in a flow of playing. But, maybe he is not ready for that now.

Reactions: GK4Herd
Fair enough. Maybe I misunderstood. Been on a golf trip I have heard the Tiger bashing all weekend.

He is going to have to play more than the majors in my opinion. I don't know how you just show up at majors and win one. You have to get in a flow of playing. But, maybe he is not ready for that now.
Notice how I never once criticized his play on the course. He fell apart the last two days. He was noticeably favoring his leg. He was bombing his droves, I think he launched at least one 320+ today. His short game and putter let him down. I honestly think tiger just did it to see if he could. I don’t think he’s happy with how he played and would say as much. He was still the biggest story of the weekend.

Reactions: GK4Herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT