ADVERTISEMENT

MBB falls to CofC 76-66

Can’t throw it in the ocean right now. And only 8 assists on 18 baskets to go with 18 TO.

Not sure what anyone saw in practice, but this team has serious problems. We haven’t made it out of the 60’s yet.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Can’t throw it in the ocean right now. And only 8 assists on 18 baskets to go with 18 TO.

Not sure what anyone saw in practice, but this team has serious problems. We haven’t made it out of the 60’s yet.

uh oh, ilmherdfan, we hit the BIG 70 against Toledo. Unfortunately, the Rockets got 96!!!!!

We normally have a size advantage, but continue to jack up contested 3’s. It’s exactly what a smaller opponent wants you to do (play their game). For god’s sake post up on the block and pound it inside. We’ve proven we are not a good outside shooting team, but we are big. Simply use your strength......bizarre to me Dan can’t see that. I sit in the 2nd row and yelled it at him a few times. Lol

Reactions: ohio herd
I’m not going to pile on Danny because I’m still a fan and I believe he can turn this around but I’m really disappointed in our start. We have already lost 2 home games against quality opponents but not world beaters and one of them was a blow out.

The Notre Dame game was essentially a nail biter until we were forced to foul late in the game which led to the 10 point final. That is acceptable, before the double standard police start chirping if the football team is playing a quality P5 opponent on the road and lose by a FG or a TD that would be acceptable as well.

But the 2 home games against CC and Toledo really bother me. In last nights game we were tied at the half and lost by 10 so basically we played a bad second half. The Toledo game we were blown out. I knew that losing two of our best would cause issues especially early on but I didn’t think we would be playing like this at home against teams that we should be very similar to talent wise.

Yes losing to ND and Florida and some of the others on the road are to be expected and growing pain road blow outs in some of them are also to be expected as we grow together and also wait for Taylor to become eligible which will definitely help some but how much who knows.

I guess I’m just frustrated because basketball is starting off awful including getting blown out and losing by 10 to 2 fellow mid majors from conferences similar to ours. I know it’s a long season and Dans teams improve as the season goes on but man it sucks right now.

Bball lost over 5,000 points. That is crazy to even think about. Clearly this was going to be a season where Dan was going to have to figure out exactly what he had. Thats the good thing about bball, these games matter, but ultimately, they dont.

We are in a one bid league. We can lost them all by 50. Just need to be ready come CUSA play.

Reactions: kdbherdon
Right on schedule.

Of course these games count. That is why they keep score.

Anyway, a rare chance at a win on Thursday. Howard is in this same “tournament” we are and has been blown out by Toledo, Notre Dame, and Robert Morris. They even managed to lose an exhibition game to something called Washington Adventist, which apparently is an NAIA small college of 1100.

Not much left after that. Florida is a lost cause. Akron held a very good WVU team to just a 10 point win, haven’t played anybody else yet (get Louisville on Sunday). Toledo is a repeat. Morehead hasn’t played anybody, but is 4-0. EKU is a possible, hard to tell, blown out by UK and WKU. Northern Iowa is playing a step-up schedule, probably come in “better than their record”.

There is always Bluefield State to look forward to.

Right on schedule.

Of course these games count. That is why they keep score.

Anyway, a rare chance at a win on Thursday. Howard is in this same “tournament” we are and has been blown out by Toledo, Notre Dame, and Robert Morris. They even managed to lose an exhibition game to something called Washington Adventist, which apparently is an NAIA small college of 1100.

Not much left after that. Florida is a lost cause. Akron held a very good WVU team to just a 10 point win, haven’t played anybody else yet (get Louisville on Sunday). Toledo is a repeat. Morehead hasn’t played anybody, but is 4-0. EKU is a possible, hard to tell, blown out by UK and WKU. Northern Iowa is playing a step-up schedule, probably come in “better than their record”.

There is always Bluefield State to look forward to.

Herd homer here. I was actually relieved to realize that we lost to CoC, when I thought we were playing the one in Charelston WV!! :oops:
IMO, Dan is pretty comfortable using the pre-season to figure out how the pieces are going to best fit his system. Love him or hate him, he does have a plan of how he wants to develop a bball team. Taylor, whom I haven't seen any video of, supposedly will help at the 2 (isn't that the point guard position?). It is going to take time for these guys to learn how to win as a team. No need to hit the panic button. They will ultimately succeed or fail in the conference games. And remember: They could get hot in the tournament, and then who knows? ;)
WS

Reactions: Herd1972
help at the 2 (isn't that the point guard position?
britney-confused_zps9eff516a.gif.cf.gif

Bball lost over 5,000 points. That is crazy to even think about. Clearly this was going to be a season where Dan was going to have to figure out exactly what he had. Thats the good thing about bball, these games matter, but ultimately, they dont.

We are in a one bid league. We can lost them all by 50. Just need to be ready come CUSA play.

Interesting thought from Mr. Delusional that "they matter, but they don't."

Interesting thought from Mr. Delusional that "they matter, but they don't."

It's a good thing Aaron is a Marshall fan, if he were an admin on the Kentucky board they would kill him for spouting that stuff. As in "literally take his life in a violent manner" kill him.

Herd homer here. I was actually relieved to realize that we lost to CoC, when I thought we were playing the one in Charelston WV!!

No but the Big Blues of mighty Bluefield State College, no dorms, enrollment 1275, athletic budget $56.38, comes in soon.

IMO, Dan is pretty comfortable using the pre-season to figure out how the pieces are going to best fit his system.

Pre-season is over. Glenville State College and University (sic) of Rio Grande. This is the season. 1-3 so far.

It is going to take time for these guys to learn how to win as a team.

This is not UK, where Cal brings in a yearly set of five stars who will only be together one season and where this year’s crew is being taught the hard lesson that they really do need to listen lest they get beat by a disciplined team. Cal knowing that they will be OK. This is MU. This crew does not have the talent to win. It is clearly not execution, it is not even bench coaching. It is a fundamental lack of talent. The time for them to learn how to win at this level was when they were in HS.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: sistersville
It is a fundamental lack of talent.

It's not often we agree, but I agree.

Speaking of UK basketball, let's talk about the Evansville Purple Aces. A little private college, Evansville is a shithole, but they go out, get an up and coming coach, and BAM beat UK in Rupp. Anyone think Dan could ever beat UK in Rupp?

No but the Big Blues of mighty Bluefield State College, no dorms, enrollment 1275, athletic budget $56.38, comes in soon.

Pre-season is over. Glenville State College and University (sic) of Rio Grande. This is the season. 1-3 so far.

This is not UK, where Cal brings in a yearly set of five stars who will only be together one season and where this year’s crew is being taught the hard lesson that they really do need to listen lest they get beat by a disciplined team. Cal knowing that they will be OK. This is MU. This crew does not have the talent to win. It is clearly not execution, it is not even bench coaching. It is a fundamental lack of talent. The time for them to learn how to win at this level was when they were in HS.
[/QUOTE]

Sam - serious ? When was the last time you actually attended a game? And I’m asking about basketball & football. You don’t seem like the attending type. I’ve only been to 1/2 a game so far (guess which one?) but going to be in Charlotte this weekend. Last b-ball game I was in attendance was CIT when Jon broke Skip’s record. I’m guessing you are rarely if ever in the Cam. Yet you pontificate like you attend every practice, and have intimate knowledge of the skill level on this year’s squad. Scout’s honor on your answer.....

Scout’s honor on your answer.....[/QUOTE]

I didn’t think you’d be able to top your belief that the 2 spot in basketball was the point guard. But then you run off and prove me wrong by making somebody on a message board use “scout’s honor.”

It's not often we agree, but I agree.

Speaking of UK basketball, let's talk about the Evansville Purple Aces. A little private college, Evansville is a shithole, but they go out, get an up and coming coach, and BAM beat UK in Rupp. Anyone think Dan could ever beat UK in Rupp?

This week Utah Valley was a little too close for comfort. Closer then the eight points KY won by.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Kentucky loses to cupcakes every year. Huggins and Calipari don't worry about losing early in the season. I have watched very little of KY or anybody. Well watched the cats against Michigan State and they beat the number one team in America. MS still is better than KY. The Maxie kid shoots from the hip and can shoot NBA threes with ease. I'm really enjoying watching the German for the maverick playing at times as well or better than most in the NBA. European basketball is now being played in America. We ended up playing their style instead of the more fundementally sound game that came out of the 80s. The dokic "sp"kid or that big German as I call him is better than Bird was at 20. The big German is old school and can score from anywhere on the court and is one of the leaders in assists. Ky gonna win 9th title

Last edited:
Taylor, whom I haven't seen any video of, supposedly will help at the 2 (isn't that the point guard position?).
WS

Taylor is a point guard. That is the 1. West will then move over to the 2 (off guard) position. The lack of a PG has hurt us terribly this year as evidence in that we have far more turnovers than assists. We are at about a 0.6 ratio and we should be closer to a 1.5 ratio

DD beat WKU in Frisco and Wichita State in San Diego.

Huggins and Calipari

Don’t embarrass yourself by mentioning The Star in Frisco or the Viejas Arena (I had to look it up) in the same sentence as RUPP ARENA; WESTERN Kentucky or Wichita State in the same one as THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY WILDCATS, nor journeyman coach/drunk Bobby Huggins in the same one as JOHN CALLIPARI.

The answer to the question Raoul’s question is NO. Not in a million years. Not this year when Cal is letting the team learn the hard lesson that they are not automatic and need to actually play as a team; not the year UK went to the NIT; not when The Unforgettables rode out the probation (yes, I know that was before Cal’s time). Never. What you saw in UK-Evansville was Dad letting Junior do what Junior wants, so he could fall on his face and learn the lesson. What you would see if MU played UK this year was more like UK-EKU.

We just do not have the talent to compete.

What you’re not grasping is it was the significance of the wins, the CUSA championship and NCAA first round game; not the buildings. Yes DD has never upset a power 5 on its home court(even Rupp) in the regular season.

the significance of the wins, the CUSA championship and NCAA first round game.

To which the following appropriate response was made:

^
|
|
|
And ??

I’m pretty sure a half hour on Google or Wikipedia could produce a multi-hundred man list of coaches who have one a one-bid league’s conference tournament and a FIRST ROUND game, none of which you have ever heard of.

Yes DD has never upset a power 5 on its home court(even Rupp) in the regular season.

Nor in the post-season. Wichita State is not a member of a “Power 5” football conference, in fact it doesn’t even have a football team. It is a member of a the mid-major (in football AND BASKETBALL) AAC. DD beat them in their first year in that mid-major league, previously in the yet lower mid-major MVC.

and so now Sam, the ardent (when the subject suits him) Marshall fan, is seeking to belittle and diminish the signature accomplishment in Marshall men's basketball in the last 100 years? Stop before you embarrass yourself even further than you already have. You weren't in San Diego, were you?

All I was doing was correcting the incorrect information and answering Raoul’s question.

How long are you going to live in the past? Because living in the past is accepting medocrity.

Reactions: johns1124
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT