ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Moore is Kind of a Jerk

Originally posted by trailherd:

Originally posted by i am herdman:

Ventura got punched and got his feelings hurt because the Seals shunned him, as nearly the rest of the military has.

They even said he wasn't a real Seal. Which,

He got pissed. Don't win these things often? Hell,OJ Simpson got off. Ventura got pissed because his tough guy image was hurt and maybe he was cash strapped.

The other stuff might be made up for all I know. Maybe he did

make it up or fabricate it. Doesn't change the fact that he did some dirty work for his country and did it well.

Again, the bigger issue is the Navy needs to get these guys to shut up and be the silent professionals. It has become a cultural thing within their community(it appears).

This post was edited on 1/20 9:40 AM by i am herdman

This post was edited on 1/20 11:44 AM by i am herdman
Ventura didn't sue him because Kyle claimed he punched him. He sued him because Kyle claimed he punched him after he (Ventura) mouthed off about SEALS deserving to die. That claim by Kyle (who was well respected) caused Ventura to become an outcast in the SEAL community and caused him significant financial problems. There was overwhelming evidence the incident never happened.
you must be a lawyer. Ventura was a UDT guy, not a Seal. UDT was merged years later with Seals. So technically Ventura was not a Seal.

Ventura mouthed off plenty of times and brought his own outcast about. I believe this lawsuit was not his first rodeo in a suing people. Ventura has made plenty of wild claims as well.

There is such a thing as honor and suing over that is BS. Not honorable at all.

Oh and Ventura was not happy with the original award. He has filed another claim. He is a dirt bag.

Just let it go man.

-----------

On December 16, 2014, Jesse Ventura filed a second lawsuit against HarperCollins over Kyle's book American Sniper. According to news reports, Ventura's new lawsuit claims that publicity created by Kyle's telling of the incident "increased sales" and generated "millions of dollars [in sales] for HarperCollins."[44

My father was a udt, joined a couple of years before ventura (Janos at the time) and was a member of udt team 12. I'm not really sure how your comment about that has any bearing. As gk said, Ventura may be a pos (he probably is), the evidence says kyle lied about this incident.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by i am herdman:

Oh and Ventura was not happy with the original award. He has filed another claim. He is a dirt bag.

Just let it go man.

-----------

On December 16, 2014, Jesse Ventura filed a second lawsuit against HarperCollins over Kyle's book American Sniper. According to news reports, Ventura's new lawsuit claims that publicity created by Kyle's telling of the incident "increased sales" and generated "millions of dollars [in sales] for HarperCollins."[44
At this point I agree. His point has been made. Any Seals or other people who don't believe him now aren't going to start after another suit.

Originally posted by trailherd:
My father was a udt, joined a couple of years before ventura (Janos at the time) and was a member of udt team 12. I'm not really sure how your comment about that has any bearing. As gk said, Ventura may be a pos (he probably is), the evidence says kyle lied about this incident.

This sums it up from a Seal. Some Seals say Ventura is not a real Seal. But, take note of what this Seal says about Ventura. That was my point. Also Ventura made claims about killing people but from what I read he never saw combat from what I have read.

One thing I will say is that Seals community has a problem. They need to be the silent professionals that the other branches of the military are. All this fame and glory is causing them problems. Hell, they argue among themselves who is a Seal or not. I am wondering of the whole damn thing is going to implode on them. Somebody up high is going to crack down on this stuff.

---------------------------

I've heard the speculation and gossip about Jesse Ventura's Navy SEAL status and wanted to set the record straight. Jesse Ventura graduated with Basic Underwater Demolition Class 58 and, like it or not, he earned his status. Some say he's a UDT (Underwater Demolition Team), and not a "SEAL," but that's bullshit.

Related Posts

Jesse Ventura Sues Wife of Slain Navy SEAL Chris Kyle

UDT/SEAL Jesse Ventura: Off The Reservation Of Sanity

Why I Think Jesse Ventura Has No Class

SOUND OFF: Jesse Ventura Wins Defamation Suit

American Sniper The Movie: Not What I Was Expecting

Others have seen the flaw in this analogy, and mentioned in private SEAL forums, "try telling that to a WWII UDT veteran who swam ashore before the landing craft on D-Day." The UDT's and SEALs are essentially one and the same. It's why the UDT is still part of the training acronym BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL).

Like it or not, Jesse Ventura is a Navy SEAL. He did the pushups and put up with the cold water, just like the rest of us.

Many are rightfully upset that he took a personal issue between himself and the late Chris Kyle and is now going after his widow and children in a lawsuit that is currently in the trial phase. SOFREP has recently spoke with legal insiders who are trial side and they are putting the odds squarely in the court of the Kyle estate in their opinion, and that's good news for everyone.

Lots of lessons can be learned from Jesse's lawsuit. The main takeaway is that family should be off limits; if you have an issue with a teammate then take it behind the proverbial mil van (Navy talk for behind the woodshed), and don't drag uninterested parties involved.

As far as Jesse is concerned, it's safe to say he won't be showing his mug at any of the UDT/SEAL reunions anytime soon. At one time, he was highly regarded in our community for his big personality and accomplishments as a Governor of Minnesota. Now some in the Teams are petitioning to have him officially removed and banned as a member of the UDT/SEAL fraternal order.

The damage is done, and now Jesse will be forced to live with the consequences of his actions. And as a result I'm sure he'll be spending even more time south of the US border.

Read more: http://sofrep.com/36086/truth-jesse-venturas-navy-seal-status/#ixzz3PPTOmZ6J

website.

Read more: http://sofrep.com/36086/truth-jesse-venturas-navy-seal-status/#ixzz3PPUTZEJ7

This post was edited on 1/20 5:15 PM by i am herdman

This post was edited on 1/20 7:24 PM by i am herdman

Originally posted by Raoul Duke MU:
Any man that continues a lawsuit to then go after the widow and children of a hero is a no good piece of shit.

Yep, Ventura had his day in court and won. Now drop it. He actually drew more attention to it. It is not very honorable.

That's the problem with "True" stories.

Very few if any, can stand up to the public scrutiny.

Chris Kyle was a flawed human being (Like all of us) and an American hero.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT