ADVERTISEMENT

Might have a chance vs Howard

What do you think about Howard as a university, ‘77? Namely, what are your thoughts on their demographic?

We might know who has the best GPA on their team

_D518930.jpg

Reactions: marshallsig
This kid is probably on a full ride.

Uh, yeah. That’s how D1 basketball scholarships work. That’s different than getting a partial football scholarship along with extra money for being a minority and/or academics which turns it into basically being a full, which was your point.

Howard is a solid school. One of our better Surgeons went to Medical School there. I know the mother of the former football HC there, all good people.

Howard is certainly an elite academic school, arguably the best “HBCU”. They aren’t very good at basketball.

Remember the Hayes Rule.

They need to bring their band and the Ooh La La girls. That put on a show for sure. Sit them next to our pep band.

Howard is certainly an elite academic school, arguably the best “HBCU”. They aren’t very good at basketball.

Remember the Hayes Rule.

By any academic measurement or standard Howard is not an elite college. I would put them above average with an impressive alumni and history.

elite or not, Howard is classified as a Tier 1 national university. U.S. News & World Report ranked it tied for 104th among national universities

Reactions: The Real SamC
Looks like something you'd see at a strip club. Basically doing a strip tease in the stands. That's great for children.

Have you ever watched FAMU or Southern University or SC State ( saw them many years ago when the played South Carolina , basically went to see their band lol )bands..the dancing ladies in particular..Seems to be something standard with the black schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: Herdmeister
Looks like something you'd see at a strip club. Basically doing a strip tease in the stands. That's great for children.

Don’t you remember when we played them several years ago at the Joan? They brought their band and all - the crowd went nuts. They put on a great show.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Don’t you remember when we played them several years ago at the Joan? They brought their band and all - the crowd went nuts. They put on a great show.
certainly the most entertaining band ever in The Joan. All of historically black schools have great, entertaining bands. When I lived in Tallahassee I always enjoyed seeing the Florida A&M band. They were always the hit of the Christmas parade. (next to Santa, of course)

certainly the most entertaining band ever in The Joan. All of historically black schools have great, entertaining bands. When I lived in Tallahassee I always enjoyed seeing the Florida A&M band. They were always the hit of the Christmas parade. (next to Santa, of course)
I am personal friends with the band director at Fl. A&M. Really good man.

elite or not, Howard is classified as a Tier 1 national university. U.S. News & World Report ranked it tied for 104th among national universities

That’s a clear definition of not elite.

There are c. 5600 colleges in the USA. Howard is “tier 1” and “104th among ‘national universities’. But not “elite”.

Exhibit “A” as to why all right thinking Americans hate Duke and all Dukies. Spoiled snobs.

This is my favorite band. The Helping Hand Mission Band. A favorite every year in the Raleigh NC Christmas parade. They are awesome. You probably won't see this is in downtown Hamlin, WV.

Oh their bands are usually awesome. That clip there though was just raunchy. Very seductive moves.

There are c. 5600 colleges in the USA. Howard is “tier 1” and “104th among ‘national universities’. But not “elite”.

Exhibit “A” as to why all right thinking Americans hate Duke and all Dukies. Spoiled snobs.

If you are swimming in the big tank( tier 1) then you are compared to other tier 1’s. Howard is an average tier 1 university in most every way. Using yore analogy I know you will agree that Marshall basketball is elite.

A stupid statement even for you, obviously you know nothing about Duke’s(and their peers) student socioeconomic demographic.

By the way I’m not a Duke alum. ;)

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
By the way I’m not a Duke alum.

Color me shocked.

Since you are the expert, and 104th is good enough, could you enlighten us with what exactly is?

Duke represents everything that is wrong with modern college athletics, and much of what is wrong with modern American society.

Color me shocked.

Since you are the expert, and 104th is good enough, could you enlighten us with what exactly is?

Duke represents everything that is wrong with modern college athletics, and much of what is wrong with modern American society.

I finished my college work at MU. My degree says Marshall University.

Ehh, maybe top 15.

I don’t know how to respond to yore ignorant statements,

Elite academic match-up at MSG tonight though, right? Pretty interesting game.

Very intriguing, I’m looking forward to the match up as I believe GT will match up physically with Duke. Georgetown, I thought, was really good last night.
I’m rooting(not tonight) for PE, hopefully he is the guy to get them back on track.
The fact that Duke is ranked #1 tells me there are no dominate teams in CBB, so far.

TIL that Ivy League member Cornell and our conference brothers at $50K/year Rice (the two schools tied for 17th, there being no 16th as there is a tie for 15th as well) are not “elite” in the eyes of the all knowing judge of these things,

Neither is Emory, Georgetown, Carnegie Mellon, Wake Forest, NYU, Tufts, or Case-Western.

Good to know.

TIL that Ivy League member Cornell and our conference brothers at $50K/year Rice (the two schools tied for 17th, there being no 16th as there is a tie for 15th as well) are not “elite” in the eyes of the all knowing judge of these things,

Neither is Emory, Georgetown, Carnegie Mellon, Wake Forest, NYU, Tufts, or Case-Western.

Good to know.

We all have our own definition of elite.
I don’t read those listings made to generate clicks, but do understand why you would need that information.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT