ADVERTISEMENT

Most gun violence takes place in large metro areas controlled by Democrats

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Fix your problems ans enforce the laws in place. Then, gat back with us.

Biden lied in his speech about the 1994 to 2004 assault weapons ban. There is no clear evidence than gun violence when down because of it.

Democrats in congress want to make it unlawful for millions of Americans to own the guns they already have and by owning magazines they already have. Million with a M.

Get over your emotionally based responses. Educate yourselves on firearms at least before your speak, politicians.

And the Constitution trumps your emotions.

Reactions: alphasig1053
that doesn't seem correct. I would have thought the gun toting criminals would have happily complied with these strict gun laws. wierd.

Fix your problems ans enforce the laws in place. Then, gat back with us.

Biden lied in his speech about the 1994 to 2004 assault weapons ban. There is no clear evidence than gun violence when down because of it.

Democrats in congress want to make it unlawful for millions of Americans to own the guns they already have and by owning magazines they already have. Million with a M.

Get over your emotionally based responses. Educate yourselves on firearms at least before your speak, politicians.

And the Constitution trumps your emotions.
At least make it so we have comprehensive background checks on gun purchases and not sell any military type guns to anyone under the age of 21...we must do something to stop this senseless killing of innocent children..and yes we should have a much better mental health system .

We better get in this ASAP!!! This might be only nation on earth where citizens don't even bring guns to an insurrection.

Reactions: ohio herd
“Indiscriminate mass shootings” went down during the assault weapon ban, but there were a lot fewer of those guns floating around before that than there are now, so I don’t see how you’d put that genie back in the bottle anyway.

And “indiscriminate mass shootings” are what get all the headlines. Guy in a school, grocery store, church, etc. But they aren’t what accounts for most gun violence, and gun violence (actual gun violence, not suicides) is way higher on our list of priorities than it ought to be given the societal impact. We just hate being reminded how little control we have over if we live or die.

Maybe a Florida type red flag law is the most effective thing to prevent gun violence. I’m kind of surprised Republicans like having judges just take gun rights away all willynilly but maybe that’s the right balance.

You’re never going to prevent all mass shootings or gun violence, but maybe that’s the sweet spot on effectiveness and not impacting the rights of the population at large.

We better get in this ASAP!!! This might be only nation on earth where citizens don't even bring guns to an insurrection.
You're an idiot.

So far, with the investigation still ongoing, three individuals have been charged for allegedly bringing a gun onto Capitol grounds on January 6.

Man Bear Pig brought a spear and nearly toppled the entire govt
You're a lying idiot trumptard oath breaker.

So far, with the investigation still ongoing, three individuals have been charged for allegedly bringing a gun onto Capitol grounds on January 6.

You're a lying idiot trumptard oath breaker.

3 guns doesn't exactly equal an armed insurrection against the US Federal Government. How many firearms did federal and DC law enforcement and military have at the same time???

But yet you keep repeating that same tired folly, laying it open for the world to see...

Proverbs 13:16
King James Version

16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.

At least make it so we have comprehensive background checks on gun purchases and not sell any military type guns to anyone under the age of 21...we must do something to stop this senseless killing of innocent children..and yes we should have a much better mental health system .

I think you’re onto something here. While we’re at it, let’s go ahead and ban the sale of alcohol to anybody under 21 years of age as well. This will most certainly stop underage drinking, underage DUI, and deaths caused by underage drinking.

Let’s just go ahead and ban stealing as well. Robbery seems to be an issue for some people, no matter what age. Perhaps banning it will solve that problem while we’re at it.

I think you’re onto something here. While we’re at it, let’s go ahead and ban the sale of alcohol to anybody under 21 years of age as well. This will most certainly stop underage drinking, underage DUI, and deaths caused by underage drinking.

Let’s just go ahead and ban stealing as well. Robbery seems to be an issue for some people, no matter what age. Perhaps banning it will solve that problem while we’re at it.
So like I’m not pro a lot of the gun control you’re arguing against here, but your argument seems to be against laws in general?

Also, if you want to lower gun related suicides, make doctor assisted suicide for terminal patients legal. 45% of gun related suicides are in men 75 and older. I don’t think there are statistics as far as how many of them had terminal illnesses, but I would wager it was a good chunk of them.

Doctor assisted suicide is barbaric.
Forcing people with a Lewy body dementia diagnosis to knowingly degenerate into what that turns you in to is barbaric. Forcing people with painful, incurable cancer to “live” for a few more months is barbaric.

So like I’m not pro a lot of the gun control you’re arguing against here, but your argument seems to be against laws in general?

I’m simply relaying the absurdity of believing that passing more gun laws will stop bad people from doing bad people things, when all it will really do is harm law abiding citizens. I don’t know what part of “shall not be infringed” is so hard to understand.

I’m simply relaying the absurdity of believing that passing more gun laws will stop bad people from doing bad people things, when all it will really do is harm law abiding citizens. I don’t know what part of “shall not be infringed” is so hard to understand.
But by your argument we should also abolish laws on theft since thieves will steal anyway.

But by your argument we should also abolish laws on theft since thieves will steal anyway.

No, he is illustrating the fallacy of if there are no more guns there will be no more murders. Since we have locks on our doors there shouldn't be any home robberies, correct???

“Indiscriminate mass shootings” went down during the assault weapon ban, but there were a lot fewer of those guns floating around before that than there are now, so I don’t see how you’d put that genie back in the bottle anyway.

BS...

There were 5 mass shootings in 1999, the most on record up to that date and 5 years into the 1994 AWB.

Where do you get your "facts" from???

No, he is illustrating the fallacy of if there are no more guns there will be no more murders. Since we have locks on our doors there shouldn't be any home robberies, correct???
He’s trying to, and I agree with him, but he’s doing a really bad job of it. And so are you, because by your logic we shouldn’t lock doors or take any precautions against anything, because they could happen anyway.

BS...

There were 5 mass shootings in 1999, the most on record up to that date and 5 years into the 1994 AWB.

Where do you get your "facts" from???
From your source, the average number of mass shootings was 1.5 per year during the ban, and 5.2 per year after it.

He’s trying to, and I agree with him, but he’s doing a really bad job of it. And so are you, because by your logic we shouldn’t lock doors or take any precautions against anything, because they could happen anyway.

No, you just have a hard time understanding and distinguishing hypocrisy, logic and satire...

So, Democrats are in favor of disarming the public. Democrats have armed security.

Democrats are in favor of open borders. Democrats live in gated communities.

Democrats are in favor of forced bussing. Democrats send their kids to private schools.

Democrats are also against school vouchers. Democrats send their kids to private schools.

Democrats are for "working" Americans. Democrats sign job killing agreements such as NAFTA.

Democrats want to increase the minimum wage creating barriers to entry level jobs.
Democrats allow illegal immigrants to take those same entry level jobs.

So tell me, just why are you a Democrat?

No, you just have a hard time understanding and distinguishing hypocrisy, logic and satire...

So, Democrats are in favor of disarming the public. Democrats have armed security.

Democrats are in favor of open borders. Democrats live in gated communities.

Democrats are in favor of forced bussing. Democrats send their kids to private schools.

Democrats are also against school vouchers. Democrats send their kids to private schools.

Democrats are for "working" Americans. Democrats sign job killing agreements such as NAFTA.

Democrats want to increase the minimum wage creating barriers to entry level jobs.
Democrats allow illegal immigrants to take those same entry level jobs.

So tell me, just why are you a Democrat?
I don’t have armed security, send my kids to private schools, live in a gated community, and I’m not sure how a higher minimum wage creates a “barrier” to entry level jobs.

But look, I agree with you all on this one. You just can’t get out of your way enough to make the argument correctly.

The reality is that gun ownership itself doesn’t hurt anybody. Robbery does. Driving drunk is likely enough to. People buying guns doesn’t.

If, say, 1/10 gun owners were using those guns to commit crimes, we would have a huge problem and it would probably make sense to overturn the second amendment (remember, there was a process written into the constitution to change it, they knew things would have to change over time,) and ban guns.

But it’s nowhere near that. It’s closer to 1/12,000. And your odds of dying from gun violence are very small. You’re much more likely to die in a traffic accident, even not factoring in that not everyone’s risk is equal.

So arguing we should ban guns is like arguing we should ban all alcohol, because some people might go and drive while drinking. But the vast majority of people enjoy alcohol responsibly, so that doesn’t make sense.

To stretch a comparison between guns and robbery, some states do make it illegal to carry lockpick sets if you aren’t authorized. The odds that someone with a lockpick set is going to steal something are much higher than the odds that a gun owner will commit a crime, so maybe that makes sense. We don’t, in any state I know of, make it illegal to carry a tire iron in your car, even though it could be used to smash a window and steal something. Because most people with a tire iron are only ever going to use it to fix a tire. Again, a badly stretched comparison, but I’m trying to help you all out here since for once you’re right.

I’m not sure how a higher minimum wage creates a “barrier” to entry level jobs.

Yeah, it does. Moron.

Mr. Irrelevant, let's try to expand your vocabulary beyond the normal half dozen words that you use (half dozen equals 6, which means you need to use one finger on your other hand to count to).

insurrection, an organized and usually violent act of revolt or rebellion against an established government or governing authority of a nation-state or other political entity by a group of its citizens or subjects;

The activity of January 6 was neither well organized nor especially violent.

A more proper description would be:

riot, in criminal law, a violent offense against public order involving three or more people. Like an unlawful assembly, a riot involves a gathering of persons for an illegal purpose. In contrast to an unlawful assembly, however, a riot involves violence.

Riot is usually a spontaneous result of mob mentality without the organization and planning of an insurrection that results in some forms of violence.

Compare both of these definitions to something brain-numb liberals such as yourself use, using one of your communist heros as an example:

mostly peaceful (adj.) - A description use to muddle the purpose, truth, or intent of a person, group, or event Involving extreme violence, looting, destruction of property, or arson. This description is typically used in politically charged discussion, and its use diminishes the truth of the statement while not technically being a lie.

"They say Xi Jinping is a bad guy, but I don't believe it. If he eats for 4 hours a day, sleeps for 8, and enriches uranium for another 4, that only leaves 8 hours a day to "terminate with extreme prejudice" any threat, enemy, or family member."

"I get it now.....so that's less than 50% a day of murder, so it would be well above the threshold of "mostly peaceful."

“Indiscriminate mass shootings” went down during the assault weapon ban,

Well it was 1.7 per year in the decade before, so they did go down. And up substantially after.

You carelessly used a statistic that anti 2A groups have been known to use. I work with trends, statistics, exceptions, outliers, etc. virtually every day. You implied there was an immediate and continuous decrease because you used no qualifiers to state otherwise.

In the years immediately after the implementation of the 1994 AWB there were the second most and most on record for the preceding couple of decades. This is hardly a decrease.

Also, the population of the US has increased by almost 30% since the implementation of the 1994 AWB. A more telling statistic would be a common-sized one such as mass shootings per 100 million of population. There are actual tables showing that going back 100 years.

I would think there has been no discernable increase for much of that time, adjusted for population increases and improved reporting of such events, with the exception of certain individual years.

I do agree the numbers appear to be trending up over the last handful of years. I think there are many reasons for that, and guns in the hands of young and immature individuals is likely a contributing factor.

Mr. Irrelevant, let's try to expand your vocabulary beyond the normal half dozen words that you use (half dozen equals 6, which means you need to use one finger on your other hand to count to).

insurrection, an organized and usually violent act of revolt or rebellion against an established government or governing authority of a nation-state or other political entity by a group of its citizens or subjects;

The activity of January 6 was neither well organized nor especially violent.

A more proper description would be:

riot, in criminal law, a violent offense against public order involving three or more people. Like an unlawful assembly, a riot involves a gathering of persons for an illegal purpose. In contrast to an unlawful assembly, however, a riot involves violence.

Riot is usually a spontaneous result of mob mentality without the organization and planning of an insurrection that results in some forms of violence.

Compare both of these definitions to something brain-numb liberals such as yourself use, using one of your communist heros as an example:

mostly peaceful (adj.) - A description use to muddle the purpose, truth, or intent of a person, group, or event Involving extreme violence, looting, destruction of property, or arson. This description is typically used in politically charged discussion, and its use diminishes the truth of the statement while not technically being a lie.

"They say Xi Jinping is a bad guy, but I don't believe it. If he eats for 4 hours a day, sleeps for 8, and enriches uranium for another 4, that only leaves 8 hours a day to "terminate with extreme prejudice" any threat, enemy, or family member."

"I get it now.....so that's less than 50% a day of murder, so it would be well above the threshold of "mostly peaceful."
You are an absolute idiot, and liar.

don’t have armed security, send my kids to private schools, live in a gated community,

You unwittingly proved my point, though I could have used politicians instead of Democrats as both parties are guilty of it.

The Constitution was penned to protect citizens from government. Current politicians want to create two classes, a ruling class and a ruled class, a somewhat modern caste system. They want to strip you (me, us) from our Constitutional Rights while exempting themselves. They have done it with Social Security, health care mandates and are trying now with the 2A.

Have you ever heard of the House Banking and Post Office scandals? That was at the height of the corruption of the House which had been under Democrat control for an entire generation.

So arguing we should ban guns is like arguing we should ban all alcohol, because some people might go and drive while drinking. But the vast majority of people enjoy alcohol responsibly, so that doesn’t make sense.

It doesn't make sense but isn't that exactly what those politicians are indeed doing? We are just using those very arguments to counter them in a somewhat satirical way.

Again, a badly stretched comparison, but I’m trying to help you all out here since for once you’re right.

Really don't need you help making an argument but do need it to help save the 2A for future generations. And I could definitely say the same about you. For once you are right. Feels refreshing, doesn't it? 🙂👍

01G5KQ3JTTD1RC84ZPF9VBHWX8.jpeg

Forcing people with a Lewy body dementia diagnosis to knowingly degenerate into what that turns you in to is barbaric. Forcing people with painful, incurable cancer to “live” for a few more months is barbaric.
As someone who works in a cancer center daily I strongly disagree with this statement. I sit and actually spend time talking with people who are dying. I have officiated more than my share of funerals- one last week- for a Vietnam vet. So no, you are wrong, we have compassionate care (Hospice) for those with a terminal illness. For the record, I have seen some who were ready to throw in the towel and then rebound and go on and live way past earlier estimates. Follow the science and give life a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyMUfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT