ADVERTISEMENT

MU’s Smith says national search wasn’t needed for D’Antoni’s replacement

What I herd:
Corny was contacted by Kevin Keatts after the ‘22-‘23 season. Offered him a job on the NC St staff. Jackson was in his final season at MU when Greg White brought Keatts on staff, so there’s the initial connection.
Anyway, Corny wanted to stay, but needed some assurance from MU that he was next in line after DD. Hence the new title and the understanding by both parties.
Take it for what it’s worth.
WS

Smith is doing the spin machine. I wonder why Smith would let Dan pick his successor? Dan didn't know how to run a mid major program. Maybe the hiring of CJ was keep some donors happy? I hope CJ is successful.

The thing was bungled but I guess in it's lowest common denominator we did what had to be done, namely turned Dan out to pasture. Was Corny the best replacement we could find, I guess time will tell, certainly rooting for him!

First of all, I hope Corny is successful at Marshall. There are all kinds of rumors why Corny was hired; to placate the major donors and other theories. I am certainly surprised by the contract terms. Only three years length which is short since most contracts are for four or five years; the low compensation for a mid major D1 coach and the mutual buyouts. It sounds like Marshall can make a change fairly quickly and at a low expense.

It will be interesting to see if Corny revamps the roster or if his hands might are tied? One would think Corny wouldn't take the job if there are a lot conditions on how he runs the program. Our definite need is players who are D1 quality. Hopefully the press conference will give us some information. I hope the press asks a lot of questions about the situation and not just softball questions.

I hope Corny turns it around and we all should give him a chance to succeed. We should know in one or two seasons if he is the right hire.

Dan wasn't paid a buyout either. Likely another reason Corny was hired. You guys hire Corny, I will waive the buyout.
All about money and keeping most folks happy.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
"I heard" "all kinds of rumors" "keeping donors happy". Etc.

A program run in secret by a cabal. We are just supposed to pay our money and shut our mouths. DD, as predicted, picks his own successor, who is paid far below scale, and the token effort continues.

This is a token effort.

Reactions: putnam green
Dan wasn't paid a buyout either. Likely another reason Corny was hired. You guys hire Corny, I will waive the buyout.
All about money and keeping most folks happy.
His latest deal never had any buyouts. Spears wrote the deal as 3 separate 1 yr deals with no buyouts.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
What $$$ do you pay???
Spamite troll:

Plenty. One of your weaker trollings is your lie that I either don't attend games, or don't give money. Both you just made up, and both are, like most things you say, lies.

You are a liar.

And not a MU fan.

Go away.

Spamite troll:

Plenty. One of your weaker trollings is your lie that I either don't attend games, or don't give money. Both you just made up, and both are, like most things you say, lies.

You are a liar.

And not a MU fan.

Go away.
Unfortunately, YOU are the one that really cant be believed. You give little, and rarely attend. It's ok. Continue to ramble on about ESPN and the guys up north that have nothing to do with our programs.

(That baseball stadium is really nice isn't it. Did you receive your brick?)

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Link please.

Any form of proof at all.

You just make stuff up and then try to take threads off-topic with your personal attacks. You never really have anything to say about MU sports (not surprising, you are not an MU fan), just crap you make up.

Go post on the WVU boards.

Go away.

Link you rambling about ESPN or WVU? It's a regular occurrence to anyone that reads this board. Its been the same since 2010 (when I started posting here about marshall sports).
Asking you a question is a personal attack??
Again, why would I post on a WVU board when I've been here since 2010 posting about the teams and University I care about.. Marshall. Give up your pitiful attempts and (real) personal attacks. I'm not a troll, I'm not a WVU fan, nor a liar.

Hope you got your brick for the Marshall baseball stadium. Someone who cares so much over the years, wanting the baseball team to get a stadium, and then seeing it built, surely wrote a check or at the very least bought tickets.

I hope the days of jumping thru hoops to placate DD and his band of donors are over. Most of us want a championship competitive basketball team period.

To “placate his band of donors”. You mean the “band of donors” that he cultivated, that he pleased, and that helped fund the program to take it to heights it hasn’t seen before.

Those donors?

And instead of that, we should placate the “donors” that all the donate is their opinion?

Makes sense

FYI that is not how a program at this level is ran or can be ran.

To “placate his band of donors”. You mean the “band of donors” that he cultivated, that he pleased, and that helped fund the program to take it to heights it hasn’t seen before.

Those donors?

And instead of that, we should placate the “donors” that all the donate is their opinion?

Makes sense

FYI that is not how a program at this level is ran or can be ran.
Aaron, you still haven’t answered my question:
Do you now unconditionally exalt Corny?

Link you rambling about ESPN or WVU?
No, troll. YOU claim, without any proof, that I neither give money, nor attend games. You took an off-hand comment about the McDonald's being rebuilt and ran with it, out of context, for years. You also had this weird NMSU deal.

Link to any of it.

Bluff called.

Troll.

Aaron, you still haven’t answered my question:
Do you now unconditionally exalt Corny?
The short answer is yes... But you need to give it a few weeks until CJ autographs a ball for him or smiles for a selfie at a random event. Then the Perkins train will be right back on track!... Gotta give the guy time to grieve the loss of DD before he can get back in the MU athletics dating game.

You took an off-hand comment about the McDonald's being rebuilt and ran with it, out of context, for years.
How does one make an "offhand" comment admitting you had no idea if the McDonald's was still there...considering the fact that McDonald's has NEVER left that location and existed since at least the 1970s (my birth decade). Seriously. How does one take that "out of context"? Face it. You got busted. It's not been rebuilt in years. When was the last time you've actually attended a Marshall Football game??

Reactions: Sourdough Jack
Your bluff was called.

No links.

YOU, exposed as the liar you are.

/thread
Bluff??? Hahahaha. How does one link to a Mcdonald's closure that has never been closed? When was the last time you attended a Marshall game, of any kind? Please, do tell.

Idiot troll:

You have been exposed as the liar you are. Having been bluff called to prove any of the lies you tell, you have failed. Because you are a liar and a troll. You look foolish. Nothing you have to say from now on will be viewed seriously.

Go away.

It’s pillow fights like this one that makes one pine for the equivalent of a railroad switching part of the train to a separate track…..

Nothing you have to say from now on will be viewed seriously.
Try again Sammy. A lot of what I say has been taken seriously for years here and will continue to be. You certainly dont have the capability to change that.

For someone who claims they will never engage with me again, you keep coming back. Let's add this one to your list of continual lies Sammy. Exactly when did you go to Htgn and see the McDs closed behind the stadium on game day???

I do. 100 percent

Especially after watching the way the press conference went today.

Go Herd!
excited andy samberg GIF

As you have been bluff called, and failed to provide any links, and thus exposed as a liar, your post has been
Hard to answer isn't it? Not surprised. I am a season ticket holder for football and big green member. When was the last time you've been to a football game?

As your bluff has been called, and you failed to provide any links, and thus have been exposed as a liar, your post has been

REJECTED

Please do not make further posts in this vein, as you have lost the ability to do so, due to your status as a troll and liar.

Please do not make further posts in this vein, as you have lost the ability to do so, due to your status as a troll and liar.
Sammy sammy sammy. You cant even say you've been to a marshall game in recent history. That says all we need to read.

What are you going to do about me calling you out every time you mention how "we pay $$" when it's apparent you dont? Keep crying. It's funny watching you avoid the questions.

Reactions: 19MU88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT