ADVERTISEMENT

Musk Tweet

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
muskcartoon.png

Not denying the left has gotten more left (on social issues,) but do you really think the right has stayed in place since 2008?

Not denying the left has gotten more left (on social issues,) but do you really think the right has stayed in place since 2008?

On what particular issues?

I don't see major changes in anti abortion sentiment.

The "right" has become more populist, but I bet for instance gay marriage approval % is higher in R's now than it was in 2008.

There's a stronger anti big corporations sentiment in republicans now as well. Of course that could change if the big corporations start aligning with conservatives, but for now a person who is skeptical of big corporations, is OK with gay marriage, and against globalization could easily be on "the right."

Republicans pay lip service to spending and debt, but do nothing about it and make it worse...so in that regard they've moved left. Trump and Bush blew spending away.

On what particular issues?

I don't see major changes in anti abortion sentiment.

The "right" has become more populist, but I bet for instance gay marriage approval % is higher in R's now than it was in 2008.

There's a stronger anti big corporations sentiment in republicans now as well. Of course that could change if the big corporations start aligning with conservatives, but for now a person who is skeptical of big corporations, is OK with gay marriage, and against globalization could easily be on "the right."

Republicans pay lip service to spending and debt, but do nothing about it and make it worse...so in that regard they've moved left. Trump and Bush blew spending away.

I read an article on just this the other day. It added suspicion of law enforcement and legalization of marijuana to your list. There's definitely a growth of libertarianism on the right.

I read an article on just this the other day. It added suspicion of law enforcement and legalization of marijuana to your list. There's definitely a growth of libertarianism on the right.
Maybe so.

I often though am guilty of seeing everything in an online world. Not everything is like twitter or herdnation...especially that older voting block.

I'm not a politics expert by any stretch, and the olds still dominate the voting...but this sentiment you're saying is true....though some of the Trump/JD Vance protectionism/populism sentiment isn't necessarily libertarian, and that is a growing segment "of the right" as well.

Think she'll trade in her Tesla now? Because of principals and truth to power and such. All the anti-Musk libs will, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Jartard

I love the pearl clutching ❤️ BUT concerns over the partially staged riot have fallen on the back burner due to real issues that your dementia god has caused to our economy, illegal immigration, etc.

Dems will try to bring it back up as we near the next election for POTUS, but by then only the small percentage of devout lefties will still care.

The fact libs own Teslas & are literally putting their lives in the hands of his self driving technology (& fine with it) but absolutely losing their minds over software most people admit they’re not crazy about is hilarious

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT