ADVERTISEMENT

My Recent Travels (warning: long post)

big_country90

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 9, 2007
My family and I just returned home from a nearly two week long vacation that saw us drive all the way across the country and back. We had never been out west and wanted to see parts of the country we had never been to. The trip went like this…

My son and daughter’s All Star baseball/softball games ended around 4 pm on Saturday, June 22nd. We had rented a transit van (in-laws went with us) and it was packed and ready to go. By 5 pm, we were making our way to Mount Rushmore. We drove through the night in order to catch up to our planned itinerary. On our first stop, we saw the Badlands and Mount Rushmore. Both were really cool. I’ve heard people say that Rushmore is underwhelming, but I disagree. I thought it was a phenomenal work of art and very patriotic.

Then, we left and started making our way to Yellowstone. I must say, I have never seen a state as beautiful as Wyoming. It was simply stunning. South Dakota was beautiful as well. When you were driving down the road in a flat plain, and start seeing the Rocky Mountains in the background, it’s truly something to behold. I remember a home along the highway that was positioned so that they could see the plains from their front porch, and the Rocky Mountains from their back porch. I couldn’t imagine how awesome living in that house would be, because the view would be otherworldly.

If you have never been to Yellowstone, I strongly suggest going. It might be the most stunningly gorgeous place I have ever been in my life. Lakes, trees, snow-capped mountains, and so much more natural beauty that is easy to see why Roosevelt felt so strongly about preserving that area. Truly a national treasure. Seeing Old Faithful and several up-close bison (those things are HUGE) was an experience that I will never forget.

Next, we started making our way through Idaho and Oregon, and into Northern California to see the Redwood Forest and the Pacific Ocean. Entering California from the top was an interesting experience. It seemed like we drove downhill the entire time, and the temperature dropped almost 50° (103 down to 54) from the time we entered until the time we got to the Redwoods and the ocean. My son has wanted to see this area for years, and I am so glad we went. Again, the natural beauty of this area is simply stunning. The redwood trees are huge and amazing to stand next to. We took many photographs alongside them. And seeing the Pacific Ocean from that area was a unique experience all to itself. A cloud of fog covers the entire area, and you could not see probably more than 100-200 feet out into the ocean as far as you could see east to west. There was literally a wall of fog that prevented you from seeing anything beyond a few hundred feet.

We then made our way to Yosemite. We got to see El Capitan, many streams, waterfalls etc. Again, the natural beauty of this area is simply unmatched. I highly recommend going.

We then made our way to Los Angeles/Anaheim for a four day stay. We spent three days at or near Disneyland. It was really cool to see Walt Disney‘s original creation. We have been to Disney World many times, but never Disneyland. Very cool thing for my wife and I. We drove around the area a lot and explored some. Southern California is a really cool place.

Between Yosemite and Disney, we stopped in San Francisco. We wanted to see the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and drug addicts with flies hovering around their vaginas (let’s see who’s still reading). We also spent some time in Chinatown, which was really cool. I will say… San Francisco was a mixed bag. It had some pretty good parts, and some pretty bad parts. It’s no secret that I don’t agree with pretty much anything politically that goes on there, but the city has a very beautiful parts to it.

So, here is my take on California. Very diverse topography. Plenty of mountains, rolling hills, and natural beauty. Napa Valley was awesome. What I was able to see of Los Angeles was pretty cool, although we didn’t spend much time there. We really liked Anaheim. Overall, it had good parts and bad parts like anywhere else, but the vast majority of California is beautiful. We spent a week there and saw it from top to bottom. I would go back again tomorrow if I could.

Also, I had never experienced dry heat until I was out west. I sweat like a warthog typically, but I can’t think of a single time that I sweat while I was in California... and it was close to 100° every single day. Unique experience, to say the least.

We then drove through Las Vegas on our way to the Grand Canyon. What can I say about the Grand Canyon… another one of God’s amazing creations. It’s hard to put in the words how massive it is. Seeing it in person takes your breath away.

After quick stays in Amarillo, TX and Missouri, we made it home a few hours ago. We put over 6,500 miles on that rental van, and it was worth every single second of it. I highly recommend seeing these national parks if you never have. I also highly recommend California. While I don’t believe I could live there, I could certainly visit there multiple times. And… Riflearm… I had every intention of getting up with you last week. Actually, when you text me a few days ago and I text you back, I was in Yosemite (I think) and was going to attempt to make plans with you, but you didn’t respond after the initial text. Perhaps we can plan something better in the future. I’m sincere in stating that I wanted to see you again.

If you have ever thought about doing something similar, my suggestion is to do it. This country of ours is so vast in size. It has so much natural beauty that it’s breathtaking. Please do yourself a favor and visit these areas whenever you get the opportunity. I will never forget this trip, and quite honestly, I would like to do it again. We visited 20 states in total, and put our feet down and every one of them.

Despite how long this post is, I cropped it down considerably. I’m happy to share my experiences in more detail, if anybody would like to hear about it or has any questions.

Last edited:
Glad you were able to take that trip. It will be one your children will always remember.

With two children and two older people, I am surprised you even made it out of Kentucky with all of those pee breaks. I hope you received your fair share of "are we there yet" and "how much longer" questions. I've wanted to do a cross-country trip but never have. I've done NY to TX, TX to Florida, Florida to TX, TX to Utah, NY to Kentucky, NY to Florida, Utah to California, WV to Oklahoma (when in college), and California to Kansas (when in college), but never a full cross-country at once.

Herdman has said it many times over the years, and he's right. He has no desire to leave the country, because there is plenty of natural beauty here to see with the size and geographic diversity of this country. And even though I disagree with him about the value and importance of going to other countries, I agree with him about the natural beauty aspect.

Did you like Yellowstone more than Yosemite? I have been to Yellowstone a bunch of times but Yosemite only once. I love them both (haven't hiked nor seen all of Yosemite), but I did enjoy the ability to see so much of Yosemite in one day. On the other hand, Yellowstone is just too big. It it an all day driving trip just to drive through each part of it. I do enjoy the changes in seasons it presents though. I've said it countless times, but one thing this country has really done well is develop and protect its national parks. It's a good thing that trump's proposed massive budget cuts to the Interior and national parks wasn't passed.

Excluding Hawaii, I think the prettiest region of the country is the Mountain West, encompassing Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana. Parts of the Pacific Northwest can rival it but just not to the sheer extent.

I'm surprised you liked Anaheim as much as you did. If Orange County has an armpit, that area is it. It's urban sprawl (too big to be considered suburban sprawl). @johns1124 lives up that way, and if you saw an old guy sitting in the middle of his yard on a sidewalk, it was probably him.

The no-sweating thing is pretty accurate. When my mom visits me, she loves how there is no humidity and how comfortable it is even at 90 degrees. I can wear shorts and a jersey while walking at 86 degrees and feel just as comfortable in the same outfit at night when it is 68 degrees. Somehow, the temperature just always feels right. I can sleep with my bedroom windows open at night in January just as much as I can in July.

There are so many things to see, you can't see all of them. But if you're back in any of those spots, I recommend:
- Big Sky, Montana. It's not far from one of the Yellowstone entrances. Big Sky only has 2800 residents, but it's a really cool little town. It is where Yellowstone is/was filmed and numerous Hollywood types own property or are regular visitors there (Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel, Tom Brady, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lopez).
- Close to the Grand Canyon is Sedona, Arizona. Magical.
- San Diego/Laguna Beach
- Park City, Utah and then the national parks in southern Utah - so many cool things to see all within a few hour drive.
- Route 1 in California. I still haven't done it, but the natives say it's the best part of the state. The drive through Big Sur, Santa Barbara, Malibu, and Monterey is supposed to be incredible (but long).
- Lake Tahoe
- Palm Springs/the desert/Joshua Tree
- Boat to Catalina Island or Channel Islands (I haven't done the former)

You and/or the family are always welcome to come stay. There are so many things to see/do around here, that it's tough to get them in during one or two trips.

For anybody who says cost is too big of a factor for you to travel, bullshit. BC probably invested a nice chunk of change for that extensive of a trip, but you don't have to do all of that. You can drive to and from West Virginia to Grand Canyon National Park, Zion National Park, Sedona, Arches National Park, and Bryce Canyon National Park for less than $700 in fuel. If you're with one other person, you can make that drive with only one night in a hotel each way ($120 x 2). Leave early Friday afternoon and be there Saturday night. That gives you Sunday - Friday to explore those five places, and you definitely don't need a full day in each one or even getting to each one. That allows you to stop for some exploring in at least two of a ton of worthwhile cities along the way and still get home late Saturday night for a day of rest before work starts back up.

That's $700 in fuel, $240 in hotels, and eight days of food (so $30/day x 8 x 2 people = $480). Get the America the Beautiful Pass for free entry into each park, and you can do all of that for less than $1500 (and you would have been paying for food if you stayed home, so even less than that). You can find plenty of credit cards that have no annual fee, no interest on charges for the first 18 months, and $200-$300 bonus in cash back plus the points for that spend amount. So you're basically doing all of that for about an $1100 investment which can be paid interest free over 18 months. $60/month for 1.5 years is well worth that trip. Spend $35 and get a AAA roadside assistance membership.

The things you've wanted to do for years aren't going to magically find a better time. Take the time off from work and go live.

Great post.

I’ve thought about doing this but haven’t pulled the trigger. Our neighbors did it last year and the van broke down and it was all kinds of drama, so it dampened enthusiasm.

I bet with iPads and cell service the ride is more bearable for the kids in this day and age.

Great post. I dream of visiting Yosemite, the Redwoods, and especially Yellowstone in my lifetime, but I struggle with long car rides. Ocean City, about 6 hours away, is my limit. Otherwise, I opt for plane tickets to avoid feeling like I'm wasting time in transit. Despite its comforts, the car feels burdensome to me. I'm the most impatient human being alive.

A friend of mine embarked on an amazing tour from Pennsylvania to Glacier, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Vegas, Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon, Sante Fe, Texas, New Orleans, Florida, the Smokies, Gatlinburg, West Virginia, and many other places I can't recall. St. Louis and Chicago were on the route too. He spent a solid two months on this adventure, and it sounded incredible.

However, I personally couldn't handle such long stretches in a car. Even 10-hour flights make me feel like I'm at my limit.

I’m a visual kind of person. One of the reasons I come here is the enjoyment I get from learning how other people live their lives. I wish there were more photos, especially when you take these wonderful trips.

Reactions: big_country90
I drove from NC to Vegas. Have driven from NC to Long Island, then across New Jersey, PA, into Ohio and back down to NC. Those trips I did solo and had places I had to be. Would like to do it on more of schedule where I could take more time.

One of these days when I get time I want to do what BC did. Mayb drive a southern and northern route. Some things to consider if you do it are weather and when you get out west the sheer size and emptinees of it is something you need to consider. Get a flat tire or a the vehicle breaks down can be a big problem. I was out in front a snow storm in New Mexico and northern Texas. You don't want to get caught in that.

The Grand Canyon is worth the trip. It is so massive.

I really do believe this country is beautiful and full of so many great people, from everywhere. I enjoy meeting them. We have it so good here.

Great trip, BC.

Reactions: big_country90
I'm surprised you liked Anaheim as much as you did. If Orange County has an armpit, that area is it. It's urban sprawl (too big to be considered suburban sprawl). @johns1124 lives up that way, and if you saw an old guy sitting in the middle of his yard on a sidewalk, it was probably him.

You and/or the family are always welcome to come stay. There are so many things to see/do around here, that it's tough to get them in during one or two trips.

Old man, try middle-aged.

I'm not sure where you keep getting Anaheim.

The "arm-pit" of OC. Try Santa Ana or parts of Garden Grove.

Here I'll give you a nugget, currently my residence is over 5,280 Ft in elevation.

Bitch, you have not been in CA long enough to be inviting people to stay! Unless you've been here over a decade you don't know shit!

Reactions: 19MU88
Did you like Yellowstone more than Yosemite?

It’s such a tossup. I thought nothing would top Yellowstone, but then we went to Yosemite and it’s just as beautiful. Like you said, Yellowstone is so massive, and it’s hard to take it all in, but we definitely spent more time at Yellowstone. I would probably put it over the top just because of the fact that it’s bigger. But Yosemite has just as much natural beauty. El Capitan is awesome, as is the 3,000 ft waterfall close to it.

I'm surprised you liked Anaheim as much as you did.

We spent the most time there. That’s probably why. Aside from nearly punching a bum who approached my family as I was filling up the van, it was hard to find anything negative to say.

BC probably invested a nice chunk of change for that extensive of a trip, but you don't have to do all of that.

Half the cost was Disney. Everything else was just food, gas, gift shops, and hotels. My father in law bought an annual park pass for $20, so that was the entire cost of visiting the parks.

You could easily do Badlands/Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone in 5 days at very little cost, relatively speaking. We just wanted to run the whole gamut, and I’m so glad we did.

Great post.

I’ve thought about doing this but haven’t pulled the trigger. Our neighbors did it last year and the van broke down and it was all kinds of drama, so it dampened enthusiasm.

I bet with iPads and cell service the ride is more bearable for the kids in this day and age.

Very much so, although there are certainly dead spots. We rented a 2023 Ford transit van from Enterprise for about $120 per day. It really wasn’t that bad at all.

Reactions: -CarlHungus-
Great post. I dream of visiting Yosemite, the Redwoods, and especially Yellowstone in my lifetime, but I struggle with long car rides. Ocean City, about 6 hours away, is my limit. Otherwise, I opt for plane tickets to avoid feeling like I'm wasting time in transit. Despite its comforts, the car feels burdensome to me. I'm the most impatient human being alive.

A friend of mine embarked on an amazing tour from Pennsylvania to Glacier, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Vegas, Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon, Sante Fe, Texas, New Orleans, Florida, the Smokies, Gatlinburg, West Virginia, and many other places I can't recall. St. Louis and Chicago were on the route too. He spent a solid two months on this adventure, and it sounded incredible.

However, I personally couldn't handle such long stretches in a car. Even 10-hour flights make me feel like I'm at my limit.

My 8 year old daughter got carsick one time and threw up in a gas station. It was pretty funny, as she was fully prepared to throw up in the middle of the floor. However, I made her run to the bathroom just in time.

We were sure to stop every three hours or so. The strangest thing was how swollen my feet were after being in the car for that long each day. Particularly my left foot. Had to be the lack of circulation.

I really like Idaho. You probably just drove through southern Idaho, Boise area? Boise is a high plateau desert area with no humidity. It is a great city, but Idaho is really growing due to people leaving from California. I have visited Cascade (hiked Snowbank Mountain) and McCall areas. I have hiked around Stanley and the Sawtooth Mountains and Sun Valley area.

I was in Vegas one time in June, it was 108 degrees right after sunset and I walked the strip. I barely had any sweat on my back. Same story the next day when I went to Hoover dam and it was 114.

The only state in the West I haven’t been to is New Mexico. It’s on my bucket list.

I'm not sure where you keep getting Anaheim.

The "arm-pit" of OC. Try Santa Ana or parts of Garden Grove.

Here I'll give you a nugget, currently my residence is over 5,280 Ft in elevation.

Bitch, you have not been in CA long enough to be inviting people to stay! Unless you've been here over a decade you don't know shit!

The Office Boom GIF

I really like Idaho. You probably just drove through southern Idaho, Boise area? Boise is a high plateau desert area with no humidity. It is a great city, but Idaho is really growing due to people leaving from California. I have visited Cascade (hiked Snowbank Mountain) and McCall areas. I have hiked around Stanley and the Sawtooth Mountains and Sun Valley area.

When we left Yellowstone, we stopped in Montana, and we ate a place called TR Burgers, which is a small, Teddy Roosevelt themed restaurant. There were newspaper articles, pictures, and multiple trivia questions about Roosevelt and his involvement in Yellowstone. Pretty cool. From there, we drove into Idaho, and actually stayed in Boise that night.

The next day, we spent most of our time in Oregon. Eastern Oregon looked pretty much like Idaho and any other farmland.

One thing that I really enjoyed, looking back on it, was our entrance into California from Oregon. Curvy roads, just like back home. Feels like you were on top of a mountain. Then, we had to stop at a fruit and vegetable station check in. Luckily, I had just eaten my Granny Smith apple from the hotel that previous night, so I didn’t have to declare anything. There is a Simpsons episode where they go on vacation and they stop at one of those check-in stations. I didn’t know they were a real thing.

Nothing overly impressive about Oregon or northern California, to be honest. That said, there are plenty of similarities to West Virginia.

Last edited:
I was in Vegas one time in June, it was 108 degrees right after sunset and I walked the strip. I barely had any sweat on my back. Same story the next day when I went to Hoover dam and it was 114.

The only state in the West I haven’t been to is New Mexico. It’s on my bucket list.

New Mexico and Arizona were very similar.

We saw the temperature reach 116° at one point. We were driving, but I can’t imagine it was much different than 100° in the dry heat.

We saw the temperature reach 116° at one point. We were driving, but I can’t imagine it was much different than 100° in the dry heat.
I saw a picture of a bus stop in New Mexico. There were tall pipes rising above the stop that sprayed a fine mist of water. It is so dry there that the water never reached the ground but it did help lower the temperature for the people waiting for a bus.

When we left Yellowstone, we stopped in Montana, and he ate a place called TR Burgers, which is a small, Teddy Roosevelt themed restaurant. There were newspaper articles, pictures, and multiple trivia questions about Roosevelt and his involvement in Yellowstone. Pretty cool. From there, we drove into Idaho, and actually stayed in Boise that night.

The next day, we spent most of our time in Oregon. Eastern Oregon looked pretty much like Idaho and any other farmland.

One thing that I really enjoyed, looking back on it, was our entrance into California from Oregon. Curvy roads, just like back home. Feels like you were on top of a mountain. Then, we had to stop at a fruit and vegetable station check in. Luckily, I just eaten my Granny Smith apple from the hotel that previous night, so I didn’t have to declare anything. There is a Simpsons episode where they go on vacation and they stop at one of those check-in stations. I didn’t know they were a real thing.

Nothing overly impressive about Oregon or northern California, to be honest. That said, there are plenty of similarities to West Virginia.
I remember the check-in stations from 60 years ago.

One thing that I really enjoyed, looking back on it, was our entrance into California from Oregon. Curvy roads, just like back home. Feels like you were on top of a mountain. Then, we had to stop at a fruit and vegetable station check in. Luckily, I just eaten my Granny Smith apple from the hotel that previous night, so I didn’t have to declare anything. There is a Simpsons episode where they go on vacation and they stop at one of those check-in stations. I didn’t know they were a real thing.
Hawaii has agricultural checks as well.

BC, did you all eat at The Big Texan in Amarillo?
Let's hope not. With 3000 Yelp reviews, it has a 3.4 rating, which is slightly ahead of Shoney's for four times the price.

All of this talk about Yosemite reminds me of the cognitive decline of the last president. This moron wasn't even attempting to lift his eyes from the paper he was reading off of or attempting to pretend that he had any input in the speech:

Let's hope not. With 3000 Yelp reviews, it has a 3.4 rating, which is slightly ahead of Shoney's for four times the price.

All of this talk about Yosemite reminds me of the cognitive decline of the last president. This moron wasn't even attempting to lift his eyes from the paper he was reading off of or attempting to pretend that he had any input in the speech:

Have you been to The Big Texan? How would you know it is bad if you have not been to The Big Texan?

BC, did you all eat at The Big Texan in Amarillo?

Yes. We ate lunch there two days ago before we got on the road. It’s a cool experience and the food is good. My son wanted me to take the Big Texan steak challenge. You must eat a 72 oz steak, salad, side, etc in under an hour and it’s free. If not, it’s $72. The challenge is also live streamed on YouTube when someone accepts. I wanted to give it a go but would have failed miserably.

Cool place, though.

Reactions: i am herdman
Some more thoughts…driving through Yosemite, there were several opportunities to step outside of the vehicle and make a snowball from the snow that was still on the side of the mountain and right next to the road. This is in late June, which blows my mind.

The grass on much of the rolling hills in California was, literally, golden. I’ve never seen anything like that before in person.

Driving up a curvy mountain on the way to Yosemite with what appeared to be 1,000+ foot drop off about 5 feet away and no guard rail is a very unique experience. It made me very nervous….

… but nowhere near as nervous as I felt on the scenic overlook at the Grand Canyon. My legs turned into jello and were visibly shaking. My mother-in-law was cracking up and I couldn’t get my daughter out of there fast enough. I guess I have a fear of heights.

Cody, Wyoming was a very cool town.

There were also several spots where we would see a random camper parked in the middle of nowhere with an old truck, and a clothes line about 200 feet off the road. It was literally something out of a movie. No way did these people have electricity of any kind. They were basically just squatting/camping/living on someone else’s property by the road. I think we saw this in Oregon if I recall.

Disneyland is extremely small compared to Disney World. However, it has a lot of the same rides crammed into both parks. That part I liked. Also, you park in the same parking garage for both parks, as the entrances to both parks are only separated by about 100 yards, as well as the Downtown Disney shopping area. As a Disney buff, I can’t stress how awesome it was to see the original Walt Disney park, many of the original attractions, and Walt Disney‘s former apartment. Such a cool thing to see in person if you know what you’re looking for.

Hope you all don’t mind if I keep this thread going with more thoughts as they pop into my mind.

They were basically just squatting/camping/living on someone else’s property by the road. I think we saw this in Oregon if I recall.
I know you didn't like Oregon/Northern California, but the coast of Oregon is special. Both of those areas have some very backwoods people, but the coastal regions have great natural beauty.

Disneyland is extremely small compared to Disney World. However, it has a lot of the same rides crammed into both parks. That part I liked. Also, you park in the same parking garage for both parks, as the entrances to both parks are only separated by about 100 yards, as well as the Downtown Disney shopping area. As a Disney buff, I can’t stress how awesome it was to see the original Walt Disney park, many of the original attractions, and Walt Disney‘s former apartment. Such a cool thing to see in person if you know what you’re looking for.
Disney World > Disneyland by a longshot.

@riflearm2 what do you think of Lake Tahoe?

We have family that live in Cali and are relatively close to that area. We've been considering having a family vacation there.

I know you didn't like Oregon/Northern California, but the coast of Oregon is special. Both of those areas have some very backwoods people, but the coastal regions have great natural beauty

I actually did like those areas. They were different from southern California, which I don’t necessarily view as a bad thing. Just different.

Oregon/Northern California has a very woodsy feel to it, much like West Virginia. I absolutely liked the area. I’m used to driving along curvy roads between mountains. Driving from Oregon into California was a very neat experience.

Disney World > Disneyland by a longshot.

I agree. Disney World is way more vast in size and scope, and has an array of hotels, restaurants, and shopping options. It also has more parks and far more attractions. The experiences at Disney World are limitless.

That said, the closeness of Disneyland was very nice as well. Disney World gets very exhausting, traveling to the different parks and walking so much. At Disneyland, we parked in nearly the exact same spot in the parking garage all three days. I’m also sentimental, so getting to see some of Walt’s original ideas and the original location was really neat. I always wonder what would have happened to Disney World if Walt had lived another 20 years. Smoking/lung cancer claimed him way too early.

Reactions: mlblack16.
It felt like we drove straight downhill for an entire day and were still at that high of an elevation. It was the strangest thing.

By re-reading your OP. Seems to me as if you may have come down the 5 freeway down to Yreaka and then took the 299 toward the coast. Going through the Trinity Alps. This would explain why you were moving downhill but with little elevation loss. This is a long trip, but very scenic.

Hills being golden, probably the poppies. Which are the state flower.

By re-reading your OP. Seems to me as if you may have come down the 5 freeway down to Yreaka and then took the 299 toward the coast. Going through the Trinity Alps. This would explain why you were moving downhill but with little elevation loss. This is a long trip, but very scenic.

Hills being golden, probably the poppies. Which are the state flower.

That’s exactly where we were. I honestly liked the drive. It was so cool to enter California from the top.

Yes. We ate lunch there two days ago before we got on the road. It’s a cool experience and the food is good. My son wanted me to take the Big Texan steak challenge. You must eat a 72 oz steak, salad, side, etc in under an hour and it’s free. If not, it’s $72. The challenge is also live streamed on YouTube when someone accepts. I wanted to give it a go but would have failed miserably.

Cool place, though.
Cool!. I ate there also. Neat place . I remember reading there that a girl had done it twice. That's a lot of food. I bet your family enjoyed it.

Don't pay attention to rifle, folks like us enjoy the real American experiences. The Big Texan is awesome.

Cool!. I ate there also. Neat place . I remember reading there that a girl had done it twice. That's a lot of food. I bet your family enjoyed it.

Don't pay attention to rifle, folks like us enjoy the real American experiences. The Big Texan is awesome.
I posted the video of the girl who ate two of them.

We used to fly into Amarillo all the time. We were delivering Osprey fuselages there to have the wings put on.

Does your friend live in the Erie/Spartansburg PA area? I know of someone there that did about the same exact trip.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT