ADVERTISEMENT

My tree hugger California neighbor put a sign in her yard that says Leave Your Leaves

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
or something like that. She is all upset about people raking, blowing, or cutting/mulching up their leaves.

I noticed the sign when I was out there with my Stihl BR 800 CE Magnum Blower. 2 Stroke Engine. Anyway, she has that sign out there. If I left all the leaves out there I would have dirt next spring. It would kill everything. I think I am going to ask her if I should just cut the trees down.

Last edited:
or something like that. She is all upset about people raking, blowing, or cutting/mulching up their leaves.

I noticed the sign when I was out there with my Stihl BR 800 CE Magnum Blower. 2 Stroke Engine. Anyway, she has that sign ou there. If I left all the leaves out there I would have dirt next spring. It would kill everything. I think I am going to ask her if I should just cut the trees down.
Failure to maintain one’s property and personal hygiene are dead giveaways of leftoids.

Reactions: 19MU88
Not removing leaves can cause leaf mold that can be bad for both you and your shrubs.

Then what is preventing you from depositing your leaves onto her lawn? She may appreciate trudging through two feet of leaves.
I doubt it. Probably typical hypocrite.

I called them hypcocrites over driving a Silverado quad cab truck. She tried to tell me they had carbon credits or some nonsense. So, then she made her pussy whipped husband sell it and got an electric hyundai car. I wonder if she removed his nutsack also?

Have you ever used this to blow snow? If so, how did it do? Thanks!
No, we don't get much snow. We haven't had a good snow since I have had it. But, if it were a light snow it would remove it for sure. That thing has some serious power. I have to throttle it back if I blow off the porch or deck. If not, all that shit my wife puts out goes flying all over the place.

Reactions: KyMUfan
No, we don't get much snow. We haven't had a good snow since I have had it. But, if it were a light snow it would remove it for sure. That thing has some serious power. I have to throttle it back if I blow off the porch or deck. If not, all that shit my wife puts out goes flying all over the place.
Thanks. My wife has always wanted a snowblower. I use my Stihl blower all the time. Just thinking this would do fine on snow plus it would get a lot more use than just once or twice a year. There are some youtube videos of it doing just that plus it has a winter setting.

Have you ever used this to blow snow? If so, how did it do? Thanks!
I have Husqvarna 570BTS blowers which are similar in output to herdman’s Stihl blower, and you can use them for snow as long as it’s not super dense, wet snow. 2-3” of dry snow is easy work.

I have those colored neighbors next to me, and between us and them, none of us give a shit about the leaves.

I'm betting once Dieondre sees that, he's going to want to come over and cook more ribs on my smoker.

Reactions: i am herdman
If it were up to me and I could get away with I would have the damn trees cut down. I am not in love with them and they are a pain in the ass. Wouldn't have to worry about the leaves or damn things falling on the house. But, nooooo fruit loops worship the trees and I would go to jail.

Did you blow your leaves into her yard?
OK Rand Paul.

If it were up to me and I could get away with I would have the damn trees cut down. I am not in love with them and they are a pain in the ass. Wouldn't have to worry about the leaves or damn things falling on the house. But, nooooo fruit loops worship the trees and I would go to jail.
If you seriously live some place you cannot cut down your own trees, YOU are the fruit loop.

All this work on a damn yard...my ideal situation in Kansas would be to have 5-10 acres, keep a bit cut for the dogs to crap in, and let the rest go to native plants. Have my own little piece of prairie. I've already checked into the seed mix for it. Maybe some pheasants will stop in.

Reactions: herdfan06
OK Rand Paul.

If you seriously live some place you cannot cut down your own trees, YOU are the fruit loop.

All this work on a damn yard...my ideal situation in Kansas would be to have 5-10 acres, keep a bit cut for the dogs to crap in, and let the rest go to native plants. Have my own little piece of prairie. I've already checked into the seed mix for it. Maybe some pheasants will stop in.
Town rules and so on

OK Rand Paul.

you're actually researching seed mix before you have the property? bored much?

i'm in the process of doing a total landscape redo, installing a retaining wall that ties the house to the new 2nd garage being built in april (38x48 pad already poured and upper wall blocks are up). when all is complete, i'll be able to get on the lawn mower with a beer, stopping only for additional beers, and when the mowing is complete, pull the mower in the garage and be done. zero trimming.

i've used a mix called "southern states blend". not sure what all is in it, don't really care. it grows grass and that's all that matters to me. last year around this time after pouring the garage pad and smoothing out the dirt around it, i walked around in the beginning of what became an 8" deep snow throwing out grass seed; never mulched it. had a full yard of grass come early summer.

i contracted to have it mowed this past year. i was in the process of buying a new zero turn for in the realm of $5K to $7K and was talking to a client that I had helped turn a business around and had also gone into a separate mowing business about what mower to get. he said i should hire him. i got him to mow for $35/cutting and ended up feeling bad about taking advantage of him so upped it to $40 (i lol as i type that). at any rate, i figure he could mow my grass upwards of 10 years before i'd have as much in paying him as i would a new mower that would then need replaced.

I have an extensive yard. Hundreds and hundreds of shrubs and trees that I have planted and every spring I adds hundreds of annuals. It is has taken years of work.
I do have fantasy similar to yours. Build a house on a raised concrete pad in the middle of a forest. Occasionally sweep off the pad and let everything else grow wild.

I usually just have my groundskeepers manage the lawn of my 200 acre estate. I think they pick up the leaves by hand to make sure they don’t damage my grass. They then recycle them into designer handbags I donate to the less fortunate.

• Haha
Reactions: herdfan06
I usually just have my groundskeepers manage the lawn of my 200 acre estate. I think they pick up the leaves by hand to make sure they don’t damage my grass. They then recycle them into designer handbags I donate to the less fortunate.
I believe I dated a girl who had one of your bags. There were always acorns on the carpet after she left.

• Haha
Reactions: marshallisqbu
you're actually researching seed mix before you have the property? bored much?
It's a whole new ecosystem for me out there. I'm looking forward to visiting some of the prairie preserves and learning about it. It's wild to think there was this huge ecosystem that stretched across the middle of the country and most of it is now gone, taken over by agriculture.

So yeah, I think it would be cool to nurture a little piece of it for myself. Various grasses and wildflowers.
I have an extensive yard. Hundreds and hundreds of shrubs and trees that I have planted and every spring I adds hundreds of annuals. It is has taken years of work.
That's cool too. We love to plant things. I'll brag a little, the house we just sold had the best damn flower garden out front in the neighborhood. Yard grass can be so damn frustrating though. I've read there is a growing movement to stop being so damn particular about the yard, just let clover take over...sounds alright to me.

We love to plant things. I'll brag a little, the house we just sold had the best damn flower garden out front in the neighborhood.
My neighbors call my place “The Park.” I’ve worked on it for decades. If I were super wealthy, I’d hire several gardeners. The yard is getting beyond my ability to keep it the way I want.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT