ADVERTISEMENT

National Signing Day

W-S HerdFan

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 14, 2002
Sarasota, FL
On top of our unending stream of turmoil, a group of young men committed to come to Marshall today. Any thoughts?
A bunch of 3 stars, the portal transfers we already knew about. A couple of local kids
(QB, DL) from Hurricane & Midland.

He wasn’t going to leave them until after they finish their season, but I highly doubt we can afford that buy in….
Honest question. I hear this all the time from posters. Is there a website or some type of information out there that says we can't afford a player? Or is it just assumed?

Honest question. I hear this all the time from posters. Is there a website or some type of information out there that says we can't afford a player? Or is it just assumed?
There is no website to tell you what amounts schools/boosters are offering players via NIL... Those "negotiations" are not public.

We signed the kid from Wake Forest, and that signaled that the QB from Washington is not coming here. He is going to go some place where he is guaranteed to be the starter (like we did with Columbi). He isn't leaving Washington, to come to Marshall, to be in a QB competition.

I expect us to bring in another portal QB - if not the UW kid, who is in the mix?

I expect us to bring in another portal QB - if not the UW kid, who is in the mix?
I would say it's pretty doubtful at this point... Unless its a last minute kid from some small school that doesn't have any other options and needs to find a place to give him a jersey for a year.

The QB room in 2024 will be --

Griffis
Pennington
Parachek
JacQuai Long (HS kid from Hurricane)
Probably a late walk on or portal kid with no other options

I just can’t see a P5 QB on a playoff caliber team coming to Marshall for the NIL (not much, according to the B.S. Picasso) we can pay him…..

I would say it's pretty doubtful at this point... Unless its a last minute kid from some small school that doesn't have any other options and needs to find a place to give him a jersey for a year.

The QB room in 2024 will be --

Griffis
Pennington
Parachek
JacQuai Long (HS kid from Hurricane)
Probably a late walk on or portal kid with no other options
Supposedly, going to be getting a commitment from the QB at Tulsa soon.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Supposedly, going to be getting a commitment from the QB at Tulsa soon.
I had heard that too... But it's not Tulsa's starting QB, it's Braylon Braxton who was 3rd on the depth chart at the end of this year and hasn't been the same player since an ankle injury.

This year he completed 40 percent of his passes, with 2 TDS and 6 INTs in parts of six games before being benched in favor of a platoon of Cardell Williams and Kirk Francis.

He's a good athlete to take a flier on if that ankle is alright. If it's not, he's another McMahan that will never see the field.

I had heard that too... But it's not Tulsa's starting QB, it's Braylon Braxton who was 3rd on the depth chart at the end of this year and hasn't been the same player since an ankle injury.

This year he completed 40 percent of his passes, with 2 TDS and 6 INTs in parts of six games before being benched in favor of a platoon of Cardell Williams and Kirk Francis.

He's a good athlete to take a flier on if that ankle is alright. If it's not, he's another McMahan that will never see the field.
Well, he checks the INT box.

If you read the below article from the Tulsa paper Braxton was injured most of the year and was not able to play in the final two games of the season. He had nice stats year before when he was healthy. He had triple the RTG number of Cam and Cole.

Tulsa quarterback Braylon Braxton entered the transfer portal Tuesday.
It wasn't surprising as Braxton didn't play in the final two games after entering the season as the Golden Hurricane's starting quarterback.
Braxton, who also entered the transfer portal after last season but returned when Kevin Wilson was named head coach, had an injury plagued 2023. He completed 22-of-50 passes for 212 yards and two touchdowns with six interceptions. Braxton also rushed for 174 yards.
https://tulsaworld.com/sports/colle...cle_bd869722-9ea5-11ee-b6b3-9f81acf90053.html

He is big 6'3" and 222 pounds. He had some nice numbers in 2022; 92 completions of 163 attemps and 1,113 yards and RTG was 132.6 for that year.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4600403/braylon-braxton

Modify message

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
If you read the below article from the Tulsa paper Braxton was injured most of the year and was not able to play in the final two games of the season. He had nice stats year before when he was healthy. He had triple the RTG number of Cam and Cole.

Tulsa quarterback Braylon Braxton entered the transfer portal Tuesday.
It wasn't surprising as Braxton didn't play in the final two games after entering the season as the Golden Hurricane's starting quarterback.
Braxton, who also entered the transfer portal after last season but returned when Kevin Wilson was named head coach, had an injury plagued 2023. He completed 22-of-50 passes for 212 yards and two touchdowns with six interceptions. Braxton also rushed for 174 yards.
https://tulsaworld.com/sports/colle...cle_bd869722-9ea5-11ee-b6b3-9f81acf90053.html

He is big 6'3" and 222 pounds. He had some nice numbers in 2022; 92 completions of 163 attemps and 1,113 yards and RTG was 132.6 for that year.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4600403/braylon-braxton

Modify message
Under 7 ypa in his “good season” is horrible. Cam was a 129 this year versus his 132. Statistically insignificant difference.

And no Coastal Carolina. We are 4th in the east (7th in the conference) in average stars.
Yep it’s very frustrating. Supposedly getting fixed soon.

Right now we have one 2024 recruit unrated. Even if he gets a two star our average will be 2.4, which would put us first.

We also have a number of transfers not yet rated (as do other schools). I think the NCSU RB and QB from Tulsa will eventually be three stars which will help us a bunch.

Last edited:

WTF! 40% comp with 2 TDs vs. 6 INTs - WOW. I don't understand what we are trying to accomplish with these new QBs.

WTF! 40% comp with 2 TDs vs. 6 INTs - WOW. I don't understand what we are trying to accomplish with these new QBs.
We are trying to get literally anyone to agree to come here and compete for the job.

-- Coming off an underachieving 6-6 season
-- Very possible lame duck coach
-- New and completely unproven OC
-- Very little NIL money

We are not exactly a destination for transfers this offseason.

We are trying to get literally anyone to agree to come here and compete for the job.

-- Coming off an underachieving 6-6 season
-- Very possible lame duck coach
-- New and completely unproven OC
-- Very little NIL money

We are not exactly a destination for transfers this offseason.
Holder on pats

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT