ADVERTISEMENT

ND is our b*tch (siap).

ThunderCat98

Platinum Buffalo
Jun 23, 2007
Herd men's soccer beat #2 ND yesterday in an exhibition 3-1. Thinking our preseason ranking might be a bit low.

Reactions: KyMUfan
I wouldn't too excited.
Both ND's coach & Grassie were more than likely working on their line-up combinations.
The Herd has had very good squads lose or draw against D2 Rio Grand & D2 U of Charleston.

I wouldn't too excited.
Both ND's coach & Grassie were more than likely working on their line-up combinations.
The Herd has had very good squads lose or draw against D2 Rio Grand & D2 U of Charleston.
Really? Thanks for clarifying! I wasn't familiar with the fact that teams don't necessarily play their best line-ups/players in preseason exhibition. Who would have known???

Another thing I really like about Grassie is that he seems genuinely happy to be at Marshall and continues to build and improve an already championship program. Unlike a recent women’s basketball coach I won’t name.

Another thing I really like about Grassie is that he seems genuinely happy to be at Marshall and continues to build and improve an already championship program. Unlike a recent women’s basketball coach I won’t name.

She's at one of the premiere coaching jobs of her profession and making more money than you've ever seen...and somehow she's wrong for that?

He's paid near the top of his profession she wasn't here. Soccer has competitive facilities nationally here, women's basketball does not.

She's at one of the premiere coaching jobs of her profession and making more money than you've ever seen...and somehow she's wrong for that?
She went on and on about Marshall being her “dream job.” Funny how that dream evaporated once Tennessee waved the cash.

Really? Thanks for clarifying! I wasn't familiar with the fact that teams don't necessarily play their best line-ups/players in preseason exhibition. Who would have known???
Both teams played their starters for the first half and then subbed, changed lineups in the 2nd half. The only observer I have heard from said our guys were better conditioned and better all around - the entire match. I take that as good news going forward.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
She went on and on about Marshall being her “dream job.” Funny how that dream evaporated once Tennessee waved the cash.
$500, 000 more salary PER YEAR would make my dreams change too! Glad she was here and wish her the best at UT. She did what anyone else on here would have done, if they're telling the truth. Not only the money, but the prestige of Women's basketball at UT. She also might find that her system that has worked so well at other stops won't work in the SEC.

$500, 000 more salary PER YEAR would make my dreams change too! Glad she was here and wish her the best at UT. She did what anyone else on here would have done, if they're telling the truth. Not only the money, but the prestige of Women's basketball at UT. She also might find that her system that has worked so well at other stops won't work in the SEC.
Yeah, I'm sorry, but as a coach, if you have a chance to go from a generally poor mid-major program to one of the top-5 programs all-time, you jump on that. No hard feelings and best of luck to her.

I agree. She did what pretty much anyone at MU was expecting.
The geezer doesn't understand sports anymore...he's beyond reason if he thinks what she did was somehow terrible.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
You must have a short memory. Donnan bailed out for UGA and Donovan bailed out for Florida. It is hard to refuse SEC money.
Grassie is one the highest paid coaches in the country. His wife works at Marshall, his father moved here. They like it here and he has a nice new 7 year contract.
Not to mention, plans/ ideas for a new soccer stadium down the road. I'd be shocked if he left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT