ADVERTISEMENT

never been sustained inflation in history that has not been the result of runaway money supply growth. “That is why we are having inflation now,”

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Hanke said that there has never been “sustained inflation” in history that has not been the result of runaway money supply growth. “That is why we are having inflation now,” he continued, “and that’s why, by the way, we will continue to have inflation through 2023 going into probably 2024.”

Johns Hopkins University economics professor Steve Hanke predicted on Monday that America will experience a “whopper” of a recession in 2023 due to manipulation of the money supply by the Federal Reserve.

Has there ever been an extended period of time when there was SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE??

When are people ever going to blame FED chief Powell for not starting to raise rates slower and earlier . I only wish Biden would not have kept Powell and went back to Janet Yellen instead. Everytime I hear Powell mention Volkers name I remember what happens when the FED tries to stop inflation at any cost after letting the rates stay too low too long and then raising them all the way up to around 18 percent. That is what really scares me so everytime the stock market rallies for a couple of days now I will short the s and p index with SDS puts.

• Haha
Reactions: alphasig1053
When are people ever going to blame FED chief Powell for not starting to raise rates slower and earlier . I only wish Biden would not have kept Powell and went back to Janet Yellen instead. Everytime I hear Powell mention Volkers name I remember what happens when the FED tries to stop inflation at any cost after letting the rates stay too low too long and then raising them all the way up to around 18 percent. That is what really scares me so everytime the stock market rallies for a couple of days now I will short the s and p index with SDS puts.
I also sold some stock after this last announcement last week so I would have more cash in my account. You cannot fight the FED and I am sure they will over shoot to the upside on rates with Powell in charge.

now I will short the s and p index with SDS puts.
WTH would you buy puts on a “short” etf?? If you think the market is going down….you would buy the calls on that specific ETF or just buy shares of SDS. Do you just like losing money or are you pretending to be educated again?

Reactions: SamSwimmer
WTH would you buy puts on a “short” etf?? If you think the market is going down….you would buy the calls on that specific ETF or just buy shares of SDS. Do you just like losing money or are you pretending to be educated again?
I will answer this one. I do not like ETFS. SDS is taken from the Standard and Poors 500 stock index. That would be better to use in a down bear market than an ETF. I have been trading stocks for over 60 years and have done very well at it.

I will answer this one. I do not like ETFS. SDS is taken from the Standard and Poors 500 stock index. That would be better to use in a down bear market than an ETF. I have been trading stocks for over 60 years and have done very well at it.
SDS is an S&P ETF. It’s a bearish etf! Again…why would you buy Puts in a bearish etf when you think the market is going down? (Answer: you wouldn’t, unless you want to lose $$)

SDS is an S&P ETF. It’s a bearish etf! Again…why would you buy Puts in a bearish etf when you think the market is going down? (Answer: you wouldn’t, unless you want to lose $$)
I would not buy puts in SDS unless I thought the market was going up . I would buy calls in SDS if I thought the market would go down. You are right it is an ETF. normally I dont like ETF s but this a good one to use.

I would not buy puts in SDS unless I thought the market was going up . I would buy calls in SDS if I thought the market would go down. You are right it is an ETF. normally I dont like ETF s but this a good one to use.
I never said buy puts in my previous statement if you will check it again.

You’re a lying moron. Your quote is below.

You wouldn’t be shorting the S&P with (buying) SDS puts.
In my initial post I never said a thing about buying puts and you know it.
That was a typo in my haste to try and keep up with all your posts on here.

In my initial post I never said a thing about buying puts and you know it.

That was a typo in my haste to try and keep up with all your posts on here.
In haste…you keep contradicting yourself.

I linked your exact comment asserting you owned puts on SDS. How exactly would you have owned PUTS if you hadn’t bought them?
You posted that before I ever posted in the thread. So who were you keeping up with? It wasn’t me. I hadn’t posted in the thread until you started lying.

In haste…you keep contradicting yourself.

I linked your exact comment asserting you owned puts on SDS. How exactly would you have owned PUTS if you hadn’t bought them?
You posted that before I ever posted in the thread. So who were you keeping up with? It wasn’t me. I hadn’t posted in the thread until you started lying.
I wasnt lying I made an honest mistake and I corrected it but you didnt want that. You just want to call names and you should have listened to my correction as last week the SDS was up every day and I made some money on calls.

I wasnt lying I made an honest mistake
That’s all you needed to say when I originally pointed your comment out. Instead you attempted to say you didn’t say what you said with additional deflection post after post. An honest mistake is fine. But it’s taken you 6-7 posts to get there.

That’s all you needed to say when I originally pointed your comment out. Instead you attempted to say you didn’t say what you said with additional deflection post after post. An honest mistake is fine. But it’s taken you 6-7 posts to get there.
How long has it been, you hypocritic moron, since you told us "99.9% of all retail workers are part time"? It's been years, and you've never once admitted your lying stupidity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT