New transfer?

Marine03

Platinum Buffalo
Sep 29, 2012
Connecticut
Former West LB Noah Hoxie transferring to Marshall from Air Force
K0007950217--118479.JPG

i
Knoxville West, Noah Hoxie during the Knoxville Football Officials Association Media Day at Three Ridges golf course, Friday, July 11, 2014. (AMY SMOTHERMAN BURGESS/NEWS SENTINEL)

Image credit: Amy Smotherman Burgess

By News Sentinel Staff
May 02, 2016

Noah Hoxie, a former all-state linebacker from West High School, plans to transfer to Marshall University and continue playing football, he said in a Twitter post last month.

Hoxie, a 6-foot-3 outside linebacker, accepted an appointment to play for Air Force Academy following his senior season at West in 2014.

"I have been really quiet about this, but recently I made the decision to leave the Air Force Academy due to many reasons," Hoxie said in a Twitter post on April 18. "I learned a lot about myself and made many great friends, but I am ready to move on with my athletic and academic career. With a lot of time and consideration, I will (be) transferring and spending the next four years at Marshall University to play football and go to school. Go Herd."

Hoxie helped West win its only Class 5A state championship in 2015, finishing with 67.5 tackles, including 17 for loss, five sacks an interception and a pair of fumble recoveries.

He did see playing time for Air Force last season.

Marshall, of Conference USA, finished 10-3 in 2015-16, including a 16-10 win over Connecticut in the St. Petersburg Bowl.

In checking the AFA website I don't see him listed on the 2015 roster. I also didn't see his name as making any tackles

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT