ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

From Ashes To Glory 2

Green Buffalo
Apr 25, 2015
Kinda surprised no one has already created a thread regarding this. Although many experts believe Gant and Brady won't get picked until the third day, I'll certainly be following the NFL draft today as well as surprises do happen. ;)

By Chuck McGill

HerdZone.com

It is unlikely Malik Gant will comply with the request to turn off his phone when he sits down in a movie theatre tonight. After all, what if a National Football League team has something important to tell him?

Friday is the second day of the three-day NFL Draft, which started Thursday night in Nashville, Tennessee. The first round is complete, and Friday will bring rounds two and three. Most projections have Gant and Tyre Brady – Marshall's most likely draft picks this weekend – being selected on the draft's third day. Gant will probably make it through the movie without an interruption.

[...]

https://herdzone.com/news/2019/4/26/mcgill-herd-football-stars-will-make-impact-in-nfl.aspx

Last edited:
With Brady’s lackluster, to be generous, combine/pro day performances he might be lucky to go a ufa deal

Announcement soon...

tenor.gif

Of course, things vary from year to year, but this year:

SEC - 64
Big 10 -40
Pac 12 - 33
ACC -28
Big 12 - 26
I-A independents - 8

AAC - 11
MWC - 10
MAC - 9
CUSA - 6
SBC - 1

I-AA - 13
Lower divisions - 5

Conclusions?

- The SEC is, by far, the greatest conference in the history of the world. The talent gap between it and even the Big 10 is too wide to consider anything else.

- The talent gap between the AAC and even the bottom conference of the Power 5 is huge, and thus all protestations of "Power 6" and such other idiocy is comical. In the reverse, at 11, 10, a very surprising 9, and 6, the top four of the "G5' are pretty even, and thus, again, all of the "P6" idiocy is, well, idiocy, believed by idiots.

- There is talent in I-AA and in the lower divisions (Harvey High had somebody drafted). Grades, criminality, not leaving mommy, and just plain getting overlooked by the big boys, happens.

- Virginia Tech (1993) and Nebraska (1963) had their draft streaks broken. 1963.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT