ADVERTISEMENT

NHR: Michigan State Imploding

I'm hearing up here (from a very reliable source, who's a big time contributor) there's a strong chance that both Izzo and Dantoni may end up resigning in the very near future.

Reactions: ohio herd
Frankly, you should have your program shut down for at least 2 years, if such an investigation is done.
Of course, the NCAA is investigating this, so that means they couldn't find themselves in a phone booth...unless they wanted to.

Also, sadly, this is the Big Ten, deep pockets will scare the NCAA into not giving them a punishment...PSU should've gotten the Death Penalty as should Baylor and now MSU...absolutely disgusting what they've done.

CBSsports.com already indicating that MSU's AD is gone!!

Total athletic department conflagration may be imminent!! (my take).

Frankly, you should have your program shut down for at least 2 years, if such an investigation is done.
Of course, the NCAA is investigating this, so that means they couldn't find themselves in a phone booth...unless they wanted to.

Also, sadly, this is the Big Ten, deep pockets will scare the NCAA into not giving them a punishment...PSU should've gotten the Death Penalty as should Baylor and now MSU...absolutely disgusting what they've done.
Eastern Michigan is shifting bricks right now worried about sanctions stemming from the Spartans indiscretions

No, All4TheHerd, the NCAA CAN find it -- they just don't want to do anything to gut their precious cash cows. Look how they recently let UNC off the hook; Penn State was let back into the sacred circle waaaaaay too early; Kentucky should have had the basketball death penalty for their past indiscetions. Instead, they will slap around some poor G-5 school for some chicken-shit violation to justify their existence. Not fair!

No, All4TheHerd, the NCAA CAN find it -- they just don't want to do anything to gut their precious cash cows. Look how they recently let UNC off the hook; Penn State was let back into the sacred circle waaaaaay too early; Kentucky should have had the basketball death penalty for their past indiscetions. Instead, they will slap around some poor G-5 school for some chicken-shit violation to justify their existence. Not fair!

100% agree!

The NCAA has the capability of doing right, doesn't, slap the G5, looks foolish, then buys itself a new Ferrari.

When will young men start taking responsibility that when a woman says NO....even if she is nude & intoxicated......NO MEANS======NO. With all the media coverage with "women coming forward"....guys have to be on Best behavior.

That doctor (at Michigan State) who took advantage of many young girls will find it difficult in prison. The sad part is some of the women that testified said their parents did not believe them when they were young girls....by telling their folks what was happening during treatments. The Doc is one "sick creep."

Zilla22

When will young men start taking responsibility that when a woman says NO....even if she is nude & intoxicated......NO MEANS======NO. With all the media coverage with "women coming forward"....guys have to be on Best behavior.

Zilla22

Did the woman you got arrested for hitting say “no” or was her mouth too bloody at that point to speak?

And it’s not a case of saying “no.” The person must verbally constant. The absence of a “no” doesn’t grant permission. If not, there would be a lot of college girls too drunk to talk that wouldn’t have the law on their side.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Did the woman you got arrested for hitting say “no” or was her mouth too bloody at that point to speak?
giphy.gif

The question that really needs to be asked is where was the prosecuting attorney's office when actual reports of assault were being filed?
The state attorney general's office has launched an investigation now. Apparently, the crimes were dealt with (or not) internally at the time. I think people are likely going to jail. This issue is bigger than the NCAA. Besides President Mark Emmett said he was aware of some accusations as far back as 2010.

Kentucky did get the death penalty. Squeaky clean since 1991. Geez. The Herd has been in trouble what twice now. Once under pruett and back when we were mac the first time.

Kentucky did get the death penalty. Squeaky clean since 1991. Geez. The Herd has been in trouble what twice now. Once under pruett and back when we were mac the first time.

No Ky did not, don’t be so dramatic. Squeaky clean at Ky home of the $100 handshake, :)

Ky didnt get the death penalty? Lol. 100 handshakes lol. Its not the 70s. You are just mad cause ky beat wv and duke lost again.Cranky old man. Lol

Ky didnt get the death penalty? Lol. 100 handshakes lol. Its not the 70s. You are just mad cause ky beat wv and duke lost again.Cranky old man. Lol

The only time Ky was shutdown was in ‘52-53 after they were involved with the NY mob.
You’re right it’s not the 70’s, make those handshakes $1,000.00.

The state attorney general's office has launched an investigation now. Apparently, the crimes were dealt with (or not) internally at the time. I think people are likely going to jail. This issue is bigger than the NCAA. Besides President Mark Emmett said he was aware of some accusations as far back as 2010.

Well, if thats true then the NCAA is gonna be on the other end of this investigation.

If the Feds are involved, which they should be, bribes and "I'm from (insert big name school) don't do anything to us!!!" Goes right out the window. They literally don't fear any school because its one entity they are well above.
I love seeing the big schools shaking out of fear for having real punishments handed to them...their greed and corruption has extended well beyond their perfect little controlled world. A true testament of human nature stems from this...once you find a limit, you push and push, eventually going so far beyond it, you're in another realm. Tragically for those victims, it was for evil...and now, an entire school's world is in the real world, and its not good for them, at all.
From the dream world of "we control everything" to the real world of "you are finished" and I would love nothing more than to see the whole motherfu*ker burn to the ground.

All I can tell you is this: I had a buddy who had a cousin who was a UK manager and we wanted to go down and see Georgia and Dominique Wilkins play. He got us tickets, took us to the dorm and introduced us around. Melvin Turpin pulled up in a brand new, yellow, Lincoln Continental convertible with five women in the car, going in to pick up a sixth. I asked the cousin, "Where'd he get that?!!!!" "Oh, that's his," the cousin replied...

All I can tell you is this: I had a buddy who had a cousin who was a UK manager and we wanted to go down and see Georgia and Dominique Wilkins play. He got us tickets, took us to the dorm and introduced us around. Melvin Turpin pulled up in a brand new, yellow, Lincoln Continental convertible with five women in the car, going in to pick up a sixth. I asked the cousin, "Where'd he get that?!!!!" "Oh, that's his," the cousin replied...
I believe thats how it was THEN. Big melvin is dead now. Minnifield and bowie drove nrw car's. Totallty wrong but car dealerships took care of the players and i quess the college took care of them. At that time cheating was the norm for the big schools. Nobody cheated as much as UCLA but ky is closer for folks to hate and be jealous of. Channel 13 showed the wv and ky first on sports ahead of the herd. I dont like that. Herd should be first on our local news.Some Herd fans think to be a super fan you must hate everyone else. They live off teams they hate losing than their own team winning. I have seen the herd with success in football and basketball that are greater than you will ever see again

The only time Ky was shutdown was in ‘52-53 after they were involved with the NY mob.
You’re right it’s not the 70’s, make those handshakes $1,000.00.
You are wrong.At least you went back to the 50"s for not losing a game but not covering the spread. Wrong and bad but not as bad as throwing a game. Rex Chapman left because ky received the death penalty. For like 2 yrs they couldnt do anything but play for nothing. Lost schollies, ncaa tourney ban. Pitino comes in and wins when their ban was over with mashburn and 4 players that were small and slow. Death penalty hit smu the hardest but 35 players on the payroll. They were not allowed to play for a season ot two
Boy Duke loses you get really critical. You got the best of the best. Unlike you I wont claim coach k cant coach. Huggy got out coached by cal saturday night. Wish ky could get huggy if cal retires

Why don’t you look at what the NCAA says about the death penalty. I was in Cameron Saturday, it was a fist fight.
Be at the ND game tonight. Maybe I’ll let you tag along some time Sisters, standing tix are $92 so save your money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT