ADVERTISEMENT

NHR Related: Some woman got ejected for heckling that Big Baby Lebron James

Just asking a question to riflearm2 - is Mahomes just as white as he is black? Therefore isn't he just a quarterback then, albeit an outstanding one?

In the eyes of society, he is black. Is it wrong to identify race instead of just identifying all of us as one under the "human race"? No, it's not wrong.

Blacks have been discriminated against in this country for hundreds of years. It hasn't gone away but is simply less obvious now (in most areas). By saying "I don't see race," "I am color blind when it comes to people," etc., you are cheapening the far harder road blacks, especially black males, face in this country.

If all other things are equal (income of parents, parental support, etc.), it is harder for a black male to succeed in this country than it is a white male. Some of that is due to blatant racism. Some of it is due to institutional racism. Some of it is due to white privilege. The latter two are less obvious while the former, at least until the Trump presidency, had been going down.

Claiming to not see race cheapens the path blacks have to succeed in this country and is a way to not have to acknowledge what they face.

Reactions: HerdJC
It only divides those whites who are uncomfortable with blacks succeeding and having it be acknowledged.

Does it bother you when an article mentions a first woman coach on a certain NFL team or when an article mentions a first woman ref in the Super Bowl? Nope, you don't cry about that. Does it bother you when an article highlights the first NFL player without a hand (Shaq Griffin)? Nope, you don't cry about that.

But when an article points out that it is a black person doing the first of something, then you get quite offended and whiney.
I didn't know there was a player without a hand in the NFL. I remember the guy from Boise State years ago when Marshall played them without the hand. Didn't know there was a woman coach. I heard about the woman ref, just another social move by the NFL. Look at us! Looks at us!

I am not offended by the Mahomes article. It is just a flowery fabrication that means little. Most everyone knows that Mahomes is a great qb. What does his race have to do with it? Other than the media stirring that pot. . I frankly know he is a good qb. Don't need the media to tell me that.

You have questioned Coach Huff. . I have defended Coach Huff and I think he is a great hire. Why do you question Coach Huff?

Last edited:
If all other things are equal (income of parents, parental support, etc.), it is harder for a black male to succeed in this country than it is a white male. Some of that is due to blatant racism. Some of it is due to institutional racism. Some of it is due to white privilege. The latter two are less obvious while the former, at least until the Trump presidency, had been going down.
All of this is quite complicated and sometimes I am better at asking questions rather than answering them.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan wrote a controversial paper called The Moynihan Report in 1965 that basically stated that government efforts to improve the lives of blacks had actually had the inverse effect.

Your injection of Trump into this is somewhat telling when black employment levels were at record highs during his administration.

Trump's efforts for the passage of The First Step Act were also admirable in this regard but were all but ignored by his detractors.

I don’t know how a post about LeBron James being soft has devolved into a somewhat controversial discussion about race...🙁

MJ_jpg-1816042.JPG

Your injection of Trump into this is somewhat telling when black employment levels were at record highs during his administration.

You failed to mention that hispanics also had their lowest unemployment rate ever . . . or that the overall unemployment rate was the lowest it has been in 50+ years. Overall unemployment rate drops are going to help everyone and not just one small demographic.

My comment about Trump related to how he pushed the acceptance of blatant racism and ethic discrimination.

You failed to mention that hispanics also had their lowest unemployment rate ever . . . or that the overall unemployment rate was the lowest it has been in 50+ years. Overall unemployment rate drops are going to help everyone and not just one small demographic.

My comment about Trump related to how he pushed the acceptance of blatant racism and ethic discrimination.
LeBron is still soft and this was a major deflection. Part of what is wrong in America today.

LeBron is still soft and this was a major deflection. Part of what is wrong in America today.

Yeah, if only he were "tough" like McHale and Laimbeer . . . two guys who the professional basketball writers have labeled as some of the all-time biggest babies.

Yeah, if only he were "tough" like McHale and Laimbeer . . . two guys who the professional basketball writers have labeled as some of the all-time biggest babies.
Or Kobe, Jordan, Barkley. You just wanted to label it race because it was Lebron.

Do you need me to post the dozens of videos of Jordan flopping and crying or is it obvious that even the "tough" players do it?
so it is not about race ? As you insinuated towards my post. Thanks. Jordan is tough as nails. Lebron's a pussy though.

so it is not about race ? As you insinuated towards my post. Thanks. Jordan is tough as nails. Lebron's a pussy though.

With you, it is about race. White privilege allows you to call people like Laimbeer and McHale tough even though the experts claim they are two of the biggest babies of all-time. White privilege allows you to make a list of predominately white "tough" players in a league that was 17% white at the time.

With you, it is about race. White privilege allows you to call people like Laimbeer and McHale tough even though the experts claim they are two of the biggest babies of all-time. White privilege allows you to make a list of predominately white "tough" players in a league that was 17% white at the time.
And "experts" are always right and no one else can have an opinion that runs counter to yours???

Yehh that is what I was thinking about when I posted that. You know my white privilege is awesome and I am going to post about Lebron and 17% of the players were white. You know those two guys were known as being tough guys, but really it about my white privilege as compared to Lebron. What's his net worth and what is mine? hmmmmm... I would say he is doing ok. But, what I was really thinking was about my white privilege.

Yehh that is what I was thinking about when I posted that. You know my white privilege is awesome and I am going to post about Lebron and 17% of the players were white. You know those two guys were known as being tough guys, but really it about my white privilege as compared to Lebron. What's his net worth and what is mine? hmmmmm... I would say he is doing ok. But, what I was really thinking was about my white privilege.
Is there such a thing as athletic privilege because I'm pretty sure LeBron has been a recipient of it since middle school?

As an aside Jordan didn't make his high school varsity team until he was a junior. He had to work for it. That might explain his toughness...

And "experts" are always right and no one else can have an opinion that runs counter to yours???

When a layman is claiming one thing and multiple experts in the field are claiming the opposite, it's wise not to bet on the layman.

Yehh that is what I was thinking about when I posted that. .

White privilege is many times not something that the person realizes is happening.

When a layman is claiming one thing and multiple experts in the field are claiming the opposite, it's wise not to bet on the layman.

White privilege is many times not something that the person realizes is happening.
Load of crap. People like you spouting that stuff are one thing that keeps black people down. It is self defeating.

Load of crap. People like you spouting that stuff are one thing that keeps black people down. It is self defeating.

In this thread, you presented an obvious scenario of white privilege. Are you really ignorant enough to deny the strong existence of it?

In this thread, you presented an obvious scenario of white privilege. Are you really ignorant enough to deny the strong existence of it?
I was talking about a basketball player who plays at the highest level of sport

Are you old enough to remember watching Laimbeer and McHale play? Asking for a friend...

How come it is apparently only obvious to you?

Because the other 2.5 people in this thread are Appalachian hillbilly deplorables.

Are you old enough to remember watching Laimbeer and McHale play? Asking for a friend...

The whole "asking for a friend" thing doesn't fit here. It's also not cool to say anymore, especially by a 60+ year old white guy.

And yes, I remember watching both of them play. They were whiners; crybabies. It's why the experts have claimed they were some of the most notorious crybabies in the history of the game, but according to the Klan in this thread, they are the opposite of a black crybaby.

Because the other 2.5 people in this thread are Appalachian hillbilly deplorables.

The whole "asking for a friend" thing doesn't fit here. It's also not cool to say anymore, especially by a 60+ year old white guy.

And yes, I remember watching both of them play. They were whiners; crybabies. It's why the experts have claimed they were some of the most notorious crybabies in the history of the game, but according to the Klan in this thread, they are the opposite of a black crybaby.
You get triggered easily don't you???

Experts of the day told Columbus the world was flat and the Wright Brothers if man were meant to fly they'd have wings.

How come it is apparently only obvious to you?

He's not the only one that sees it. It's as plain as the nose on his face. You notice herdman hasn't called any of the Capitol rioters "thugs"?

herdman says it's disrespectful for "thugs" to kneel during the anthem or not stand for the flag, but he didn't say a word when the idiot white guy sat in pelosi's office with the flag laid on a table and his feet on her desk or when the white idiot was busting out windows at the capitol with a flag and flag pole. herdman was on here whining like a mule when his wife asked Jermaine and his wife over for dinner.

He's not the only one that sees it. It's as plain as the nose on his face. You notice herdman hasn't called any of the Capitol rioters "thugs"?

herdman says it's disrespectful for "thugs" to kneel during the anthem or not stand for the flag, but he didn't say a word when the idiot white guy sat in pelosi's office with the flag laid on a table and his feet on her desk or when the white idiot was busting out windows at the capitol with a flag and flag pole. herdman was on here whining like a mule when his wife asked Jermaine and his wife over for dinner.
Input from the guy who has only seen a black guy at the Henderson Center or at the football stadium. Oh, they guy that wants paid to do a minority internship. I actually coached many black kids. How about you there OW? One of my sons best friends and college roomates was black. he has spent the night with us many times. Been to dinner with his family in an all black restaurant. How about you?

Whining like a mule when my wife asked Jermaine over? What the hell. Jermaine and I won multiple cul-de-sac championships and I helped him drag a deer in he shot back in the woods.

This was about Lebron James . My favorite athletes of all time are Tiger Woods, Mike Tyson(yehh Mike ****ing Tyson), and Magic Johnson. Ok, Johhny Bench for baseball

Input from the guy who has only seen a black guy at the Henderson Center or at the football stadium.

Irrelevant. Idiot.

Oh, they guy that wants paid to do a minority internship.

You're a LYING idiot.

. I actually coached many black kids. How about you there OW? One of my sons best friends and college roomates was black. he has spent the night with us many times. Been to dinner with his family in an all black restaurant. How about you?

You don't get it. I don't believe a thing you post on here unless I can fact check it, and those almost never work out for you.

You're a lying, racist, idiot, trumpQtard.

Irrelevant. Idiot.

You're a LYING idiot.

You don't get it. I don't believe a thing you post on here unless I can fact check it, and those almost never work out for you.

I coached youth basketball, football, and baseball. You know where I live. You also would have to know that it is a little more diverse than where you live. My son also went to a military school and then a 4 year college to finish his degree and is in the military. He has had multiple black roommates and hispanic roommates as well. They have all stayed with us. Fed them many times as well. My neighbors kids, 2 of them, are black and he gave one of them rides to school ever day. Don't be a dipstick.

I coached youth basketball, football, and baseball. You know where I live. You also would have to know that it is a little more diverse than where you live. My son also went to a military school and then a 4 year college to finish his degree and is in the military. He has had multiple black roommates and hispanic roommates as well. They have all stayed with us. Fed them many times as well. My neighbors kids, 2 of them, are black and he gave one of them rides to school ever day. Don't be a dipstick.

riflearm2 not only seems to get triggered easily but also makes alot of assumptions and projections.

Here are some of the things he has directly said or implied about me:

Idiot and moron - Actually I have a pretty high IQ mixed with a TON of real world experience. I have been told many times by extremely successful people that I am the smartest person they know. I'm going with he's wrong on this.

Not cool - In his eyes I guess. Friend of mine's teenage grandsons think I'm the coolest old guy they know. Both are high school players. After playing with me last summer they said they'd "ball" with me anytime. riflearm2 is it ok if I say "ball" at my advanced age? I'm think more sarcastic than uncool so I'm going with he's wrong on this too.

White privilege - I didn't play high school basketball because one I didn't grow until I was about 18 and two because I worked pretty much full-time during high school and college to have clothes to wear and food to eat. Basketball coach was gym teacher. I think I didn't do anything but run laps or line drills for two years because I didn't play for him.. Some white privilege there. I'm going with he's wrong on that too.

60+ years old - Though I am getting close he's definitely wrong on that.

Coaching and racism - I coached at a liberal upscale school that had one black kid on the team. The school always made special allowances for him and he would get by with anything. I took the team for milkshakes after a game. As we were walking out the black kid threw his straw wrapper down. I told the kid we don't do that and to pick it up. One of the other coaches said let it go, he doesn't know. I told both he had about 10 seconds to learn. No special rules or allowances for ANYONE.

I wasn't asked back the next year even though we had won multiple city championships and tournaments. BTW the black kid ended up robbing someone by smashing their head with a claw hammer. Is it acceptable to call him a thug or would that be racist according to you?

Went to an inner city school the next year that had several blacks on the team. One kid was biracial and really took to me. I could and still can do some crazy things with a basketball, had some hops and anything within 30 feet was in my range. I played in the black neighborhoods in Huntington and Lexington to get some game. I got laughed at alot until we started playing. Then I might be called White Shadow or Larry Bird. Somebody (black or white) always had a problem with skinny white kid half their size wearing them out. These were a$$hole$ regardless of skin color. Is it racist to call the black ones that?

Turns out the biracial kid's uncle (white) graduated with me. Baddest man I ever knew but never had a problem with him. He won National Silver Gloves in junior high and fought professionally. He came up to me after a game and thanked me for all I did for him. The kid's dad worked on the road and came up to me after practice and introduced himself. He said the kid loved me and he could see why the way I ran practices. The kid would have run through a wall for me and I'd have his back, and many others, today if he needed it.

Several years ago I had a young man stop by my office unannounced. He was white and struggled for years with addiction. He finally kicked it and successfully worked with recovering addicts of all colors after this. His counselor told him to go apologize to one non-family member he felt like he had let down and he chose me.. Based on this I'd say riflearm2 is wrong on this too.

Business and racism - My #3 guy (and likely #2 sometime) at one of my businesses is a young black man. I see him only as a capable young man. I don't pander to him. We have a uplifting business environment but we are a little irreverent at times. I'll joke and give him a hard time like anyone else.

I mentored a black-owned business several years ago. I still have their appreciation gift in my office and will always. Are these examples of being a racist? Again I think riflearm2 is wrong and is also guilty of making very PREJUDICIAL opinions and comments of someone he doesn't know, which is very similar to the racism he seems to harp on often.

Am I white? Like the broken clock that's right twice a day I am. I guess one for seven isn't too bad for him...

Last edited:
Idiot and moron - Actually I have a pretty high IQ mixed with a TON of real world experience. I have been told many times by extremely successful people that I am the smartest person they know.

You lie about people calling you intelligent and then go and prove that by thinking "alot" is a word not once, but twice.

makes alot .

I got laughed at alot

Herdman, is it humiliating for you that one of your fellow deplorables makes such an embarrassingly bad post?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT