ADVERTISEMENT

No More Duty, Honor, Country at West Point

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
The US Military Academy, West Point, has dropped Duty, Honor, Country from its mission statement.

What in the actual **** is going on in this country?

Reactions: rvntx and GeauxHerd

military-gays-2012jpg-62e4e35004b52518.jpg

What is there new mission statement?
This has been recommended:

To build, educate, train, and inspire the Corps of Cadets to be commissioned leaders of character committed to the Army Values and ready for a lifetime of service to the Army and Nation,

At least they booted this guy. He'll probably be reinstated with honors...

636649960056222988-POINT1AP-Communist-Cadet-100756377.JPG

The US Military Academy, West Point, has dropped Duty, Honor, Country from its mission statement.

It was added in 1998. To quote one of my co-president's: mission statements are dumb.

Last edited:
It was added in 1998. Too quote one of my co-president's: mission statements are dumb.
*Twoo

And I 💯 agree. Let's just get rid of it.

But let's not stop there. While we're at it, saluting an officer is dumb, and why can't lower-ranked enlisted be free to express their individuality? Drop the whole uniform thing too. I mean, please, that's so 1800s of them to expect soldiers to do that, especially when it would be far more comfortable wearing some Nikes, sweatpants and a do-rag to fight.

Fvcking 🤡 You tender-footed somebitches clearly don't get it, having never served in the military. You, H&H and Greed will be in the rear (don't get excited) with the gear, making sandwiches for the men who make it back.

Reactions: 30CAT and WVUSerg
*Twoo

And I 💯 agree. Let's just get rid of it.

But let's not stop there. While we're at it, saluting an officer is dumb, and why can't lower-ranked enlisted be free to express their individuality? Drop the whole uniform thing too. I mean, please, that's so 1800s of them to expect soldiers to do that, especially when it would be far more comfortable wearing some Nikes, sweatpants and a do-rag to fight.

Fvcking 🤡 You tender-footed somebitches clearly don't get it, having never served in the military. You, H&H and Greed will be in the rear (don't get excited) with the gear, making sandwiches for the men who make it back.
Goose stepping brainwashed trumptard oath breaker^^^

It was added in 1998. Too quote one of my co-president's: mission statements are dumb.

Here you go. See how this works...

It was added in 1998. To also quote one of my co-presidents: mission statements are dumb.

Reactions: herdfan06
It was added in 1998. To quote one of my co-president's: mission statements are dumb.

Let's try it again:

It was added in 1998. To quote one of my co-president's sayings: mission statements are dumb.

😉👍

Your second correction is different from your first.

Not really. Your first reference to '"one of my co-president's" indicated there are likely more than two co-presidents so the word should be a plural noun and not a singular possessive noun. I removed the apostrophe s but you still included it on your second post.

On the second go around I added sayings to make it a singular possessive noun to match your punctuation use.

Not really. Your first reference to '"one of my co-president's" indicated there are likely more than two co-presidents so the word should be a plural noun and not a singular possessive noun. I removed the apostrophe s but you still included it on your second post.

On the second go around I added sayings to make it a singular possessive noun to match your punctuation use.
We have two, not more than two.

Your first post : It was added in 1998. To also quote one of my co-presidents: mission statements are dumb.
Your second post: It was added in 1998. To quote one of my co-president's sayings: mission statements are dumb.

We have two, not more than two.

Your first post : It was added in 1998. To also quote one of my co-presidents: mission statements are dumb.
Your second post: It was added in 1998. To quote one of my co-president's sayings: mission statements are dumb.

So you should have said one of my company's co-presidents instead. By saying one of my co-presidents infers that you are also one of the co-presidents and that would indicate there is more than one other.

Irregardless of that you still improperly used co-president's as a singular possessive noun when there was nothing to possess in that sentence. I omitted the ('s) to make it a plural, non-possessive noun since you used the word co-president and later confirmed there are only two that hold that position but still makes it a plural noun.

Because you failed to correct the use of your noun in your first attempt I modified the sentence in the second example to make your use of a singular possessive noun to be correct. I added the word "sayings" to give your incorrect singular possessive noun something to possess to correct both of your original grammatical errors.

Why is this thread title the same as the mission statement for Basic Wood Custom Cabinetry?

• Haha
Reactions: KyMUfan
Irregardless

One of my several hated words. Just take the first two letters away and you still get the same point you're trying to make. It's a double negative and though it technically is, it shouldn't be a word in my opinion. My most hated, is when people use 'nother' ...As in A whole 'nother' 😂 That one definitely isn't a word.

• Haha
Reactions: KyMUfan
One of my several hated words. Just take the first two letters away and you still get the same point you're trying to make. It's a double negative and though it technically is, it shouldn't be a word in my opinion. My most hated, is when people use 'nother' ...As in A whole 'nother' 😂 That one definitely isn't a word.

Irregardless of your dislike of that word, I like giving @herdfan06 a little grief over grammar because he likes to do it to others.

One of my pet peeve words is "proactive". Do we "proact" and "react" or do we "act" and "react"?

Proactive wasn't even in most dictionaries until the power word phase of the '80s.

Here is your kindred spirit...

• Haha
Reactions: 30CAT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT