ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD North Carolina State

Is your turf worn out? Looks like its sloppy between the hashes. It wasn't raining that hard was it?

Have you not seen the missed throws he’s made?

I never said he's been great, just serviceable. I don't think he's the main problem though. Some of those misses were due to the fact that he's running for his life every other play.

The one theme in 3 games is the lack luster play of the Oline, it looks like they get blown off the ball way to often. Green is doing ok, and of course they never called the holding on Brady the whole game to make it worse. So far coach Atkins isnt earning his money....

Ok the game was lost. But on that last drive, with about 2 minutes to go, and a 4th and short, and a rolling clock, almost all of the play clock was burned trying to get a play in.

That's really sad. Get the play in. We don't have something for that sitch on a clipboard somewhere?. And it is also sad because <old man rant coming> QBs don't have moxie and guts to say FU and call the play. QBs of today don't have the experience or training to not be a robot out there. So they stand there while the clock runs down to 2 seconds while some guy waves some signs in from the sidelines. Back in my day......

Reactions: sistersville
Marine I too am disappointed. This team can play in spurts. When we cut it the lead to 6 I got excited. Well Kentucky beat 14th Miss.State and and will be ranked Monday. They are tough led by Matt Snell's nephew Bennie Snell. QB transfer from Oregon is good. Good defense. Sorry Mr Moderator. I'm at your mercy

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Didn't Bill Legg get run out of town for offensive game plans that looked like last nights did? They played a better team and got whipped. It's that simple. You may not see Thomson play this year. Hurt shoulder and the possibility of another transfer are looming. Green, unless he does something very stupid, is the QB. Others might play if there's ever a chance for mop-up duty.

Reactions: FballMD
Green, unless he does something very stupid, is the QB.

I'm still okay with this. Considering how little experience he has, I'm neither surprised nor upset with him for his performance last night. I was pissed about the reality of his limitations becoming more apparent in live game action, but I know these are things he can and will likely improve upon.

One thing that stood out to me watching Isaiah Green was his movement in the pocket when there was a pocket. When Isaiah had to step up in the pocket he did, he showed some good awareness and escapability to keep the play alive. He also has a really good arm and makes it look super easy (we saw this on the TD throw), the ball just shoots out at the flick of the wrist. The big down fall and we saw it, was the accuracy. There was a lot of throws he would like to have back. He is a freshman, and now only has 3 games under his belt so he has plenty of time to get better in that aspect. Having time to throw could definitely help too. I think he has the tools to be a really good QB, I was impressed.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I'm still okay with this. Considering how little experience he has, I'm neither surprised nor upset with him for his performance last night. I was pissed about the reality of his limitations becoming more apparent in live game action, but I know these are things he can and will likely improve upon.

Green just needs more playing time. He will gain more confidence and become a good QB. He has the skills just lacks experience.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT