ADVERTISEMENT

Now that we are past the election….let the layoffs begin

Time for the layoffs and economy’s downfall to really start. Dems needed these companies to hold off long enough to maintain some semblance of power. Mission accomplished. “Democracy” was saved!!!

Meta laying off more than 11,000 employees: Read Zuckerberg's letter announcing the cuts
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/09/meta-to-lay-off-more-than-11000-thousand-employees.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
There were talks of mass layoffs all last week

It is coming. I have said you would start seeing in Q4. 2023 is going to get Rocky.

You act like Meta/FB crashing and burning is a bad thing.
This wasn't a comment on FB specifically. The ripple effect throughout Tech world is going to be huge. This is a tip of the iceberg. If FB/Meta is laying off 11000 now, you can count on countless companies running out of $$$ and getting wiped out totally in the coming months.

Reactions: murox
This wasn't a comment on FB specifically. The ripple effect throughout Tech world is going to be huge. This is a tip of the iceberg. If FB/Meta is laying off 11000 now, you can count on countless companies running out of $$$ and getting wiped out totally in the coming months.

Not to mention if musk successfully runs twitter on half the staff then google, meta, etc are going to take a look at what their staffing needs really are.

Reactions: murox and herdfan06
I guess a 20% operating margin isn't enough for Zuck. And it hard to grow without employees. Maybe he sees the writing on the wall that growth is over for FB. 3Q shows 2% growth in daily users.

Twitter, I get. Them fools were losing money (and very likely Elon will too).

I guess I am too old to know what the next big thing is. The kids like the TikTok, but I think it is dumb.

I guess a 20% operating margin isn't enough for Zuck. And it hard to grow without employees. Maybe he sees the writing on the wall that growth is over for FB. 3Q shows 2% growth in daily users.

Twitter, I get. Them fools were losing money (and very likely Elon will too).

I guess I am too old to know what the next big thing is. The kids like the TikTok, but I think it is dumb.
pssssst, we all understand you can't wait to read your thrilling replies to threads, but stop clicking "Post Reply" multiple times in hopes it'll make it post faster for your demented giggle and self high five. yore the only ruhtard still having issues with this. post yore reply then go back to the main screen, reenter the thread, and you'll see it's posted just once.

nobody wants to read yore vomit once, let alone have to see it multiple times.

• Haha
Reactions: 19MU88
I'm clicking it once, cork smoker.
giphy.gif

I guess a 20% operating margin isn't enough for Zuck. And it hard to grow without employees. Maybe he sees the writing on the wall that growth is over for FB. 3Q shows 2% growth in daily use
Is it going to be 20%...is the question. It most certainly wont be if companies pull back their ad spending on the platform and that 20% dries up due to a slowing economy. Combine that with the fact that his METAWORLD investment is on rocky operating ground at the moment too, costing the company $billions.

It most certainly wont be if companies pull back their ad spending on the platform and that 20% dries up due to a slowing economy.
They have already pulled back ad spending...at least, that is the reason Meta gave in its 3Q report for earnings dropping.

Interesting fact I found out...Meta increased employees by 25% in the last year...so basically they turned around and laid them off. I think your second point has a lot to do with these layoffs.

Anyway, fvck Meta and Zuck. And I don't have one cent invested in them, so double fvck 'em.

They have already pulled back ad spending...at least, that is the reason Meta gave in its 3Q report for earnings dropping.

Interesting fact I found out...Meta increased employees by 25% in the last year...so basically they turned around and laid them off. I think your second point has a lot to do with these layoffs.

Anyway, fvck Meta and Zuck. And I don't have one cent invested in them, so double fvck 'em.
No portion of your 401k is invested in them?

A realtor just called from a vacation type destination place. He said remember we spoke last year and about 6 or 8 months ago. I said yes. He said, well at the time you told me you were holding off on another place because the prices were too elevated. I said, yes. He told me well, they are dropping and at a pretty good pace. Plus, things are very negotiable now. He said they are dropping at pretty fast pace.

So, this guy was looking for sales and needed them.

2023 going to get interesting.

They have already pulled back ad spending...at least, that is the reason Meta gave in its 3Q report for earnings dropping
OOOKKK. Doesn't mean they cant continue to do so. Which I think will also be the case. Unfortunately companies cant "wait and see" what happens.

A realtor just called from a vacation type destination place. He said remember we spoke last year and about 6 or 8 months ago. I said yes. He said, well at the time you told me you were holding off on another place because the prices were too elevated. I said, yes. He told me well, they are dropping and at a pretty good pace. Plus, things are very negotiable now. He said they are dropping at pretty fast pace.

I'm sitting on the sidelines with cash . Curious to see what happens.

With mortgage rates this high and some job turnover coming, conventional wisdom says some deals will open up, right?

Reactions: marshallisqbu

This is exactly why we went ahead and sold our home. And we are counting on finding some deals next year when we make the big move.

You headed to Kansas?
Yes sir. Likely in/near Pittsburg. Although Joplin MO is a possibility...which came up because living in Pittsburg and working in Joplin is a thought, it's only a 40 minute drive.

We like Pittsburg. It is equal distance from the wife's friends and grand kids. I like it because Pittsburg State is there, it might be D-2 but at least I can go to a few ball games there for something to do. But we are open to other locations, including Ottawa.

Reactions: i am herdman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT