ADVERTISEMENT

Now that we're not playing. What will happen to us in the polls? Let's take a look.

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
Will we hold steady at 15? Will we move up? Will we drop? Let's take a look at this Saturday's AP Top25 slate.

#13 UGA takes on Mississippi St (UGA -25)
#14 Oklahoma St visits #18 Oklahoma (OU -7)
#15 Coastal Carolina takes on App St (CCU -5.5)
#17 Iowa State takes on KState (ISU -11)
#19 Northwestern takes on #10 Wisconsin (WISC -7.5)
#20 USC visits Utah (USC -2.5)
#21 Liberty visits NCST (NCST -3.5)
#22 Texas visits Kansas (TEX -29.5)
#23 Auburn takes on Tennessee (AU -10.5)
#24 ULL takes on Central Arkansas (ULL -24.5)
#25 Tulsa takes on Tulane (TLSA -6.5)

There can be a lot of movement this week. If ISU and Northwestern win they will most definitely jump ahead of us. Even if we did play I think NW jumps ahead of us with a win over #10.

I don't know if USC would move up that many spots with a win. They haven't looked good this year in either of their games.

If OU beats OkSt they'd jump us for sure. The question is if OkSt loses how far will they drop?

I don't know if App St is going to beat Coastal with their QB going down last week. So I would assume a Coastal win will at the very least breaks our tie.

Liberty beating NCST would definitely be a boost to them, but just how much of one.

I honestly don't feel anyone #20 and back really poses a threat to us as of right now, but two weeks being idle at this time of the year could really cut our legs out from underneath us and ruin what could have been a near top10 season.

THANKS A LOT CHARLOTTE. Just gives me another reason to loathe them.

Reactions: HerdFan2018
I think Coastal loses to App State.
OU crushes OSU.
ISU beats KSU.
UW beats NW.

OU moves past us because they're OU and a win over OSU is better than ISU's win.
ISU moves to #14.
CCU loses, drops out or almost out.
Liberty could win and not pass us.

Just my guesses.

I think Coastal loses to App State.
OU crushes OSU.
ISU beats KSU.
UW beats NW.

OU moves past us because they're OU and a win over OSU is better than ISU's win.
ISU moves to #14.
CCU loses, drops out or almost out.
Liberty could win and not pass us.

Just my guesses.

App St has 5 players ? for sat including their qb so I'd go with CC. Other than that I'm in agreement with you.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I don't see us going much higher than about 12 until the end of the season whether we play or not. I think we have a small chance of ending around 10 if we end up with at least 10 wins and zero losses

Reactions: HerditAllBefore
I can't shake the feeling that we just played our last game of 2020.

The interesting part is CUSA and MAC are the only two conferences talking this way. Sunbelt is geared up for App / CC game. I guarantee P5 conferences are going nowhere. The two bottom conferences are looking for an exit stage right!

So let's say CUSA shuts it down, where does MU go from there. Just call it a season and watch our ranking slide. I say we should try to get ANY game next week regardless in conference or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Won't be long until the P5 splits away...

I personally think they already did, and G5 is just doing what it always does - follow them around, feeding off the scraps that fall off the table, and being obedient to a system that uses them even as it excludes them.

I think of it like old school pro wrestling, when you had the stars and then you had the enhancement talent. They would have matches where the star would get all the offense, and the enhancement talent's job was to take the bumps and make the star look good. That's what G5 is - the jobbers of college football.

I've always said the worst thing that could happen to the bottom half of P5 would be if G5 stopped agreeing to games, and relegated them to perennial losing records.

The interesting part is CUSA and MAC are the only two conferences talking this way. Sunbelt is geared up for App / CC game. I guarantee P5 conferences are going nowhere. The two bottom conferences are looking for an exit stage right!

So let's say CUSA shuts it down, where does MU go from there. Just call it a season and watch our ranking slide. I say we should try to get ANY game next week regardless in conference or not.

I think we're going to see another type of shutdown before we get to championship games.

Also the B1G has been cancelling games left and right.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I personally think they already did, and G5 is just doing what it always does - follow them around, feeding off the scraps that fall off the table, and being obedient to a system that uses them even as it excludes them.

I think of it like old school pro wrestling, when you had the stars and then you had the enhancement talent. They would have matches where the star would get all the offense, and the enhancement talent's job was to take the bumps and make the star look good. That's what G5 is - the jobbers of college football.

I've always said the worst thing that could happen to the bottom half of P5 would be if G5 stopped agreeing to games, and relegated them to perennial losing records.

That's exactly right. The G5 should just do their own thing. Have our own playoff and tell the P5 to kick rocks. It won't last long, because the bottom half of the P5 depends on G5 games to make bowl eligibility.

The current FBS model services only 10-15, maybe 20 programs. That's it. Just look back at all the AP, BCS, and "playoff" national champions. It's the same teams year in and year out. It's one of the most protected and excuses monopolies going.

That's why I wanted to go kick over that Amway National Championship trophy last Saturday. Why is that thing in Huntington? That's just teasing. "Here look at this nice trophy that no matter what you do you will never have a chance to play for."

Let them eat their own and eventually that will fall apart too.

Most of which pay their players under the table and have been for decades.
That EPSN 30-for-30 on SMU was revealing to say the least. One of the guys was pissed because he gave some player 10k in cash and then lost him because another school gave him more. He said what was I going to do turn them in.

It's dirty. It always has been and always will be until most of the schools grow a backbone. The G5 are so content with sitting at the little kids table and afraid of being asked to leave they won't speak up. They don't realize how much leverage they actually have.

I know people get all mad when talk of involving the government, but the current FBS model is a monopoly and is extremely corrupt.

Before the season even starts you have told at least 64 teams that they are not allowed to play for the championship of their division. But hey you can play in the weedeater bowl or a lawnmower bowl where your trophy is a toy treasure chest they borrowed from the local dentist and it's filled with plastic coins and mardi gras beads.

From HS to the NFL. Every level other than FBS uses a true playoff model. There's no reason other than greed that the FBS can't as well.

Boise being Barry Horrowitz...

Reactions: herdalicious
That's exactly right. The G5 should just do their own thing. Have our own playoff and tell the P5 to kick rocks. It won't last long, because the bottom half of the P5 depends on G5 games to make bowl eligibility.

The current FBS model services only 10-15, maybe 20 programs. That's it. Just look back at all the AP, BCS, and "playoff" national champions. It's the same teams year in and year out. It's one of the most protected and excuses monopolies going.

That's why I wanted to go kick over that Amway National Championship trophy last Saturday. Why is that thing in Huntington? That's just teasing. "Here look at this nice trophy that no matter what you do you will never have a chance to play for."

Let them eat their own and eventually that will fall apart too.

It won't...because even the P5 has schools struggling to make ends meet, despite the huge TV contracts, to many, thats their funding.
The P5 has its own elites of, as you said, 20 or so schools...and the rest? The UK, Vanderbilt, NC State, Oregon State, and Purdue types, what about them?

I sense the top elites will break off and form their own super conference and leave the middle/lower tier P5 to be the new G5, while the current G5 becomes its own league/division.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
That EPSN 30-for-30 on SMU was revealing to say the least. One of the guys was pissed because he gave some player 10k in cash and then lost him because another school gave him more. He said what was I going to do turn them in.

It's dirty. It always has been and always will be until most of the schools grow a backbone. The G5 are so content with sitting at the little kids table and afraid of being asked to leave they won't speak up. They don't realize how much leverage they actually have.

I know people get all mad when talk of involving the government, but the current FBS model is a monopoly and is extremely corrupt.

Before the season even starts you have told at least 64 teams that they are not allowed to play for the championship of their division. But hey you can play in the weedeater bowl or a lawnmower bowl where your trophy is a toy treasure chest they borrowed from the local dentist and it's filled with plastic coins and mardi gras beads.

From HS to the NFL. Every level other than FBS uses a true playoff model. There's no reason other than greed that the FBS can't as well.

I'll say this again...the players had a golden opportunity to organize and unionize during the lockdowns. They could have banded together, formed a legal representation (I'm sure with Stanford and N'Western law alumns) and taken the NCAA to court and demand being given some rights to their own names and likeness.

Imagine the NCAA cancelling everything for Spring 2020, and when conferences announce startups, its silent.
The athletes all show up with a legal letter calling for better financial opportunity for every athlete...and if they don't get it, they won't play.

But of course, athletes complained about not playing and seeing the short term.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT