ADVERTISEMENT

Oddly Enough...

to my knowledge, I haven't heard what Pitt is doing with their one OCC opponent. Can't be Miami, Ohio, but have they already canceled the game at Marshall? I don't see it on either teams schedule.
Yes the game in Huntington has been cancelled.

In chatting with the publisher from Pitt's Rivals board, the rumor is they'll either add Temple or skip the OOC game altogether.

Reactions: GreenDuke
to my knowledge, I haven't heard what Pitt is doing with their one OCC opponent. Can't be Miami, Ohio, but have they already canceled the game at Marshall? I don't see it on either teams schedule.
The ACC must play their lone OOC game at home or in an ACC state

UNCC actually pulled a feather out of it’s pick axe: They were already scheduled to play @Dook on Halloween. Then, last week they agreed to come up to Keenan on the 19th of Sept to face the Heels....good get!!

The ACC must play their lone OOC game at home or in an ACC state
I'm actually surprised the governors of both Virginia and North Carolina haven't pulled the plug on their football programs. I base this solely on their other actions in recent months.

Disclaimer: The above comment is solely about football, and doesn't necessarily form a political view.

Wonder if Pitt would offer MU the same amount they're offering Temple to play at Pitt this fall? Wonder if Hamrick would consider such an offer in the absence of any other potential MU OOC games? Who is MU getting as a FCS opponent since most of those leagues have said they weren't playing this season? Maybe an OVC foe.

Was the ACC trolling this board when they set the guidelines for OOC games this fall.

Wonder if Pitt would offer MU the same amount they're offering Temple to play at Pitt this fall? Wonder if Hamrick would consider such an offer in the absence of any other potential MU OOC games? Who is MU getting as a FCS opponent since most of those leagues have said they weren't playing this season? Maybe an OVC foe.
SoCon is also playing

The stupid thing is that if WVU was in the ACC, then we’d be “allowed” to play Pitt.

I’ll be interested to see how this all plays out. The reasoning for cancellation doesn’t seem valid. The ACC rule seems arbitrary. A make-good game in Huntington in a few years would perhaps be ok, maybe with a basketball game, too. But throughout the country, there will be a lot of interesting financial trends to keep up with.

Reactions: HerdFan73
it seems like Charlotte is hanging on their late ooc game vs Duke. I thought that
all ACC ooc were cancelled.

Not only is UNCC keeping its game with Duke, it just signed for a cash game at regular UNC as well.

I’ll be interested to see how this all plays out. The reasoning for cancellation doesn’t seem valid. The ACC rule seems arbitrary. A make-good game in Huntington in a few years would perhaps be ok, maybe with a basketball game, too. But throughout the country, there will be a lot of interesting financial trends to keep up with.

Considering that Pitt would sell a lot of tickets in normal non-panic times, we are probably financially much better off, assuming they wish to make it up. Unlike most programs, Pitt has openings as soon as 23, although that would mean MU would have an all I-A schedule that year. Any year after 25 would be fine.

I'm actually surprised the governors of both Virginia and North Carolina haven't pulled the plug on their football programs. I base this solely on their other actions in recent months.

Disclaimer: The above comment is solely about football, and doesn't necessarily form a political view.

Seems to be a civil war between governors and AD's/coaches.

Duly noted and understood that this was not a political statement.

reviewed by the moderator

i am herdman

SoCon is also playing

No longer after Thursday, HM. SO CON season for 2020 is Kaput! VMI is even saying no to playing a big $$$$$ game at UVA this season.

Maybe Mike H. can persuade EKU to stop off at the JOAN on their way back home from Morganholel. The guys from Richmond, KY, can make it a very profitable Double Header week end and Doc gets the benefit of an even more sure thing WIN by playing a foe who within the prior 24 hours played another FBS foe, and a power one at that!! WIN-WIN situation for everyone!!

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
No longer after Thursday, HM. SO CON season for 2020 is Kaput! VMI is even saying no to playing a big $$$$$ game at UVA this season.

Maybe Mike H. can persuade EKU to stop off at the JOAN on their way back home from Morganholel. The guys from Richmond, KY, can make it a very profitable Double Header week end and Doc gets the benefit of an even more sure thing WIN by playing a foe who within the prior 24 hours played another FBS foe, and a power one at that!! WIN-WIN situation for everyone!!

Last I checked, 2 FCS conferences have cancelled their seasons.
If the FCS were smart, they should just schedule 2-3 games against FBS and as many P5's as they could.
They can play a few games, shut it down, and collect a few paychecks in the process to hold themselves over.

The NCAA has already said the FCS (and all Fall) championships are cancelled, which is discouraging enough.

If more than 50% of the conferences cancel in the FCS, the entire division won't play.

Edit**

Seems like individual conferences can play and a few have chosen to do so.

Question: This was brought up in another thread but I'll ask it here...do the JUCO's play?

Last edited:

They are free to play OOC games if they want. They simply shut down conference games

I hope Georgia Tech's one OOC game is kept with UGA. They are only an hour apart.

SEC has adopted a 10 game conference only format. No Georgia-Georgia Tech, Kentucky-Louisville, Florida-Florida State, or South Carolina-Clemson this year.

Last I checked, 2 FCS conferences have cancelled their seasons.

You should check more often.

There have been two FCS conferences that cancelled football more than a month ago. There are nine out of 14 FCS conferences that have cancelled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT