ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive line coach resignation

Was he not well liked? There were a couple defectors the minute he was hired, cain madden being the best of the bunch. He took down his twitter page, so I doubt you do that if its some illness in the family that he had to quit to address.

Interesting tweet from Will Ulmer-

Simple explanation, folks. Morrisey was waiting for his contract to expire, which was 09/01. His wife is from Oregon. He has a job waiting there. Bill Legg new O-line coach !!!
I can see this, but it brings up an interesting point... Why would a football coaches contract expire 9/1? A week before the season starts? That's just dumb.

Whoever is doing the coaching, the line played really well at Notre Dame. Lets hope that continues.

Simple explanation, folks. Morrisey was waiting for his contract to expire, which was 09/01. His wife is from Oregon. He has a job waiting there. Bill Legg new O-line coach !!!
and we waiting to hear about it on 9/16 because he was making sure his last check cleared the bank?

• Haha
Reactions: Jartard
and we waiting to hear about it on 9/16 because he was making sure his last check cleared the bank?
……would you have preferred that it be a huge distraction 2 days before our season opener & 9 days before our natl TV game @ ND??
We sometimes come across like this:
O line coord: Coach, I have an opportunity to get back to the west coast, where the missus is from, and a great chance to make a splash in the solar panel biz……
CH: I understand completely. Before I sign off, just let me run this by the Herd Nation message board. Those guys get all out of sorts when I don’t keep them in the loop!”
O line coord: wtf????

……would you have preferred that it be a huge distraction 2 days before our season opener & 9 days before our natl TV game @ ND??
We sometimes come across like this:
O line coord: Coach, I have an opportunity to get back to the west coast, where the missus is from, and a great chance to make a splash in the solar panel biz……
CH: I understand completely. Before I sign off, just let me run this by the Herd Nation message board. Those guys get all out of sorts when I don’t keep them in the loop!”
O line coord: wtf????
Yup the way it should be handled!!
Why not leave in July???
Why not when he discusses this w Huff have Huff say you in or you’re out?? Tell me now or I’ll cut u lose now and not worry about it during the season
( Huff said he knew of this possibllity)

Who knows? Maybe his new gig didn’t start until 10/01, and the man needed to continue to earn income until he departed. Bottom line? Handled in house (as it always should be) and Legg takes over the O-line. I don’t see it as a negative, at all. Go Herd!! Clip the Falcons!!

There’s more to this than meets the eye, at least that’s the word on the street

Losing any coach in any sport is not a good thing and it shows very poor judgement on the coach that is leaving unless here is a serious health issue, or the coach has committed a crime. We cannot change what has happen and it is very disappointing but hopefully the coach leaving does not affect the team efforts on the field to beat the other team.

If I was interviewing that coach, I seriously question why I would need to hire that coach. Would the coach bail on me the minute things start getting rough or the coach really want to put in the effort to have a winning team.

Losing any coach in any sport is not a good thing and it shows very poor judgement on the coach that is leaving unless here is a serious health issue, or the coach has committed a crime. We cannot change what has happen and it is very disappointing but hopefully the coach leaving does not affect the team efforts on the field to beat the other team.

If I was interviewing that coach, I seriously question why I would need to hire that coach. Would the coach bail on me the minute things start getting rough or the coach really want to put in the effort to have a winning team.
Why put this all on the asst coach?? Perhaps the HC did things to undermine him??

Reactions: Jartard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT