ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio Senate Turnout Not a Helpful Sign for November Democrats

The ae trying hard to game the system again. We likely have exhibit one this week. There will be more. Perhaps a covid brakout again. Or perhaps even a need to escalate a military action.

Don't put anything past them. Their sole existence is govt and power.

The ae trying hard to game the system again. We likely have exhibit one this week. There will be more. Perhaps a covid brakout again. Or perhaps even a need to escalate a military action.

Don't put anything past them. Their sole existence is govt and power.
You're a lying idiot trumptard oath breaker.

I don't make bets of this nature. Like herdman, if men like us are going to place any wagers, it's going to be of a monetary kind. Plus, if me and you did a ban bet, we would both be sad, since we're best friends on this site.
I can’t see his comment, but I offered the cowardly cuck a bet and he turned it down.

Not surprising, the GOP had a celebrity race.

Vance is a hypocrite, a liar, and a huckster. He sure went from disgusted by Trump to kissing his ass. Pretty much what it takes today in the GOP, except for a couple of states. I am curious as to what it will take for the Democrats in California to win replacing Feinstein.

I don't make bets of this nature. Like herdman, if men like us are going to place any wagers, it's going to be of a monetary kind. Plus, if me and you did a ban bet, we would both be sad, since we're best friends on this site.
And just like last time, you offer drivel.

Not surprising, the GOP had a celebrity race.

Vance is a hypocrite, a liar, and a huckster. He sure went from disgusted by Trump to kissing his ass. Pretty much what it takes today in the GOP, except for a couple of states. I am curious as to what it will take for the Democrats in California to win replacing Feinstein.
If I’m parsing this correctly what it will take for Democrats in California to win is a D next to the name of the candidate.

Based on how our elections work I don’t even know if a Republican would make the ballot.

Based on how our elections work I don’t even know if a Republican would make the ballot.
I see you're already up to the next generation of Liberal Democratic cheating. Wouldn't surprise me if that's the preferred voting method for liberal democrats. Just remove the competition altogether.

Personally, I'm all for that. You liberal democrats can have your own country, and we'll have ours. What do you want? Thinking California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and that's it. Maybe move New York, Illinois, and New Jersey people over to Utah, and you can have that as well. Traitor Mitt Romney can be your inaugural POTLDCP.

Reactions: mlblack16.
I see you're already up to the next generation of Liberal Democratic cheating. Wouldn't surprise me if that's the preferred voting method for liberal democrats. Just remove the competition altogether.

Personally, I'm all for that. You liberal democrats can have your own country, and we'll have ours. What do you want? Thinking California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and that's it. Maybe move New York, Illinois, and New Jersey people over to Utah, and you can have that as well. Traitor Mitt Romney can be your inaugural POTLDCP.
It’s because in CA we have a “jungle primary” and the top 2 vote getters make the final ballot. So if a Republican manages to get in the top 2 they’d be on it, but I don’t think that’s likely.

edit: there are pros and cons to it but in effect the primary is the main election, and the actual election is a sort of runoff.

If I’m parsing this correctly what it will take for Democrats in California to win is a D next to the name of the candidate
Nah, I mean what will it take for a Democrat to win that primary. Will someone have to out-liberal the others?

Watching the Indiana GOPer advertisements has been hilarious. 9 candidates in the 9th (that's funny), all that had money for ads were arguing over who is the Trumpiest. No ideas at all discussed. One of the few times I didn't bother to vote in a primary, there were no local elections I cared about either, our town races are in presidential years and I do not know these county politicians....I did know one Dem candidate for sheriff but (SUPRISE, RUBES) I vote in the GOP primary so no dice there either.

Nah, I mean what will it take for a Democrat to win that primary. Will someone have to out-liberal the others?

Watching the Indiana GOPer advertisements has been hilarious. 9 candidates in the 9th (that's funny), all that had money for ads were arguing over who is the Trumpiest. No ideas at all discussed. One of the few times I didn't bother to vote in a primary, there were no local elections I cared about either, our town races are in presidential years and I do not know these county politicians....I did know one Dem candidate for sheriff but (SUPRISE, RUBES) I vote in the GOP primary so no dice there either.
Outside of Indy, Ft. Wayne, Evansville, and South Bend, Indiana is more Trumpier than most states (not including WV of course).

It’s because in CA we have a “jungle primary” and the top 2 vote getters make the final ballot. So if a Republican manages to get in the top 2 they’d be on it, but I don’t think that’s likely.

edit: there are pros and cons to it but in effect the primary is the main election, and the actual election is a sort of runoff.

I'm not sure where is the hell you are voting. The last time I voted it is a closed (party partisan) primary.

I guess you haven’t voted since 2010 then?
Are you kidding me?

Let me help you out transplant.

If you are a D or an R, the ballot you receive will only list the candidates of your party for any primary.
That's why it's called a "Closed" primary. Not everyone in the State receives the same ballot as other states, with open primaries. Only exceptions are non-primary contests like Judges, Assessors, and other local contests.

Good god man. This state needs to require transplants to take California history and procedures before offering them a resident card. Maybe I should start a proposition.

We will call it CA- Proposition 911 - The get the **** out of my state loser - Proposition.

• Haha
Reactions: HerdandHokies
Are you kidding me?

Let me help you out transplant.

If you are a D or an R, the ballot you receive will only list the candidates of your party for any primary.
That's why it's called a "Closed" primary. Not everyone in the State receives the same ballot as other states, with open primaries. Only exceptions are non-primary contests like Judges, Assessors, and other local contests.

Good god man. This state needs to require transplants to take California history and procedures before offering them a resident card. Maybe I should start a proposition.

We will call it CA- Proposition 911 - The get the **** out of my state loser - Proposition.
I admire how highly you think of yourself that you went on that little rant without actually looking it up to just make 100% sure you were right.

Because you’re 100% wrong. I can’t explain it any clearer than I already have, but for senate seats there is no closed primary. Hasn’t been in a decade. Everybody can vote for anybody, and the top two end up on the ballot, regardless of party. It was a conservative idea meant to get more moderate people into office.

Depending on where you’re at in CA maybe I can find you a junior college that offers remedial citizenship classes at night?

Outside of Indy, Ft. Wayne, Evansville, and South Bend, Indiana is more Trumpier than most states (not including WV of course).
Well that's why there were the ads, duh. But you might want to include Bloomington, as well as the Chicago burbs.

Although I'd put a certain part of Missouri up against any state. That very bottom corner of SW MO is straight weird. I feel at home in any part of WV and KY, but right down there in that corner I felt like a stranger in a strange land.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Well that's why there were the ads, duh. But you might want to include Bloomington, as well as the Chicago burbs.

Although I'd put a certain part of Missouri up against any state. That very bottom corner of SW MO is straight weird. I feel at home in any part of WV and KY, but right down there in that corner I felt like a stranger in a strange land.
I spent some time driving around Southern Missouri, right across the border from Bella Vista, Arkansas, when I was considering moving down that way a couple years back. That entire area (not including Benton County, AR) is very similar to places in WV, but maybe a little more redneck. I thought I could find a house with a couple acres close to Bella Vista, but it was like being in a Deliverance movie. Bentonville is nice though, as is Bella Vista, but it's getting more costly each passing day with all the young millenials moving in to work at Wal-Mart HQ. Lots of good food and drinking places though.

I admire how highly you think of yourself that you went on that little rant without actually looking it up to just make 100% sure you were right.

Because you’re 100% wrong. I can’t explain it any clearer than I already have, but for senate seats there is no closed primary. Hasn’t been in a decade. Everybody can vote for anybody, and the top two end up on the ballot, regardless of party. It was a conservative idea meant to get more moderate people into office.

Depending on where you’re at in CA maybe I can find you a junior college that offers remedial citizenship classes at night?

You know I would love to find my LA County Voters Guide from last year, so I can show how inaccurate you are. Unfortunately, I can't, just for you, I'll keep looking. I'm not sure why you and NPR (cough) insist on calling it a "Jungle Primary" a term coined for Louisiana politics, but whatever floats your boat.

• Haha
Reactions: HerdandHokies
You know I would love to find my LA County Voters Guide from last year, so I can show how inaccurate you are. Unfortunately, I can't, just for you, I'll keep looking. I'm not sure why you and NPR (cough) insist on calling it a "Jungle Primary" a term coined for Louisiana politics, but whatever floats your boat.
Are you really going down with this ship? It’s an indisputable fact that senate seats are an open primary and the top 2 get on the actual ballot.

Look back at the 2018 election. It was Feinstein (D) vs de Leon (D). The primary is up above and you can see it was non-partisan; one giant primary for everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT