ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Ohio State

Moral victory means losing.

It is actually worse. Everyone loses eventually, and in acceptance one can find ways to improve. But bragging about assreaming beatdowns because we scored 14 whole points and darn wasn't it nice to play pretend we had a chance, prevents analysis that is needed to get the team back where it belongs.

This was a bad team, soundly beaten. It gives no reason for hope at all. It doesn't have a QB, half its players are trying to do highlight real stuff trying to move up next year, and the coach is fundamentally clueless.

I was at the game and am glad to have survived the oppressive heat. I saw a lot of people being carried out. Not all of them old.

What surprised me about the game is that it was our offense that belonged. If we magically had an elite defense and kicker, our offense was good enough. Some rest. Some momentum created by the defense. With those things we could move the ball. I was surprised by how good Earle was. He stepped up. We looked lost after he was out, but the game was away from us. The offensive line held up by and large. Good sign. I continue to not understand why the kid from NCState gets carries that would seem better for Turner.

Ohio State is an amazingly fast and sudden offense. It was something to see. That said, our defensive performance was completely unacceptable and just saying “well they are really good” isn’t enough. The linebacker play was atrocious. Comically bad angles all day. Their coaches game planned to embarrass our backers and did. I know they are good but 4 TDs of over 40 yards is a humiliation.

Special teams cannot give away a rare gift with a formation penalty. Completely inexcusable.

This team should still be heavily supported by the fans. If we win the next two, we can go on a little run. After 3 games, I am more concerned by losing to VT by 17 than anything. They are a bad team and that was a bad loss.

Reactions: JC102
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT