ADVERTISEMENT

our dear leader's tax cut for billionaires causes walmart to lay off thousands closes 63 stores

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
By Josh Delk - 01/11/18 02:38 PM EST
Walmart has announced that it will lay off thousands of workers across the country as it closes dozens of Sam's Club locations.
The company told Business Insider that 63 Sam's Club stores will close. Some locations reportedly stopped business suddenly on Thursday without giving advance warning to employees.
The Sam's Club locations slated to close that did not do so on Thursday are reportedly expected to shutter within the next few weeks.

Sam's Club has not said how many employees are losing their jobs. Each Sam's Club warehouse employs about 175 people, meaning more than 11,000 people could be impacted.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/368533-walmart-to-lay-off-thousands-of-employees

Last edited:
Gee, not like Walmart is not going to a more on line model to compete with Amazon. Brick and Mortar is expensive

Dtard, how does allowing a company to keep more of their money force them to lay off workers and close stores? Do you even think before you type?

Reactions: HerdFan73
well using conservative logic (which is illogical) its easy - they didn't cut the
jobs before the tax cut for billionaire campaign contributors.

besides the waltons had to offset that trump tax cut for billionaires kickback
somehow - you didn't really think the Walton family was going to take that
hit did you.

how would the daughter EVER be able to pay someone $45,000 to write
her univ. of Arkansas term paper for her. get real man - they cant suffer
like that.

Last edited:
"FedEx showed up at my door with a package from Sam's Club and I was thinking that maybe it was my W-2," Nic Townsend, an employee of a Sacramento, California, Sam's Club, told Business Insider. "It was a letter saying they are closing down. ... I'm unsure of what to do I have a baby and a mentally sick mother. I'm lost. I'm heartbroken. I'm scared."

"FedEx showed up at my door with a package from Sam's Club and I was thinking that maybe it was my W-2," Nic Townsend, an employee of a Sacramento, California, Sam's Club, told Business Insider. "It was a letter saying they are closing down. ... I'm unsure of what to do I have a baby and a mentally sick mother. I'm lost. I'm heartbroken. I'm scared."
Buy in bulk before your last day. That is what you do.

Reactions: WV-FAN
Buy in bulk before your last day. That is what you do.

You suck it up and find another job. It's fvcking Sam's Club, it's not like he is losing an awesome job.

When the company I worked for for a decade sent the notice we were shutting down, I walked out the door and had another job by the end of the day.

This person actually thought his employer was "Fedexing" a W2??? Christ.....no wonder he worked at Sams.

herdman - you are kidding right?
it was a fedex letter with a pink slip saying he was out of a job.
sometimes i worry about you cons.
No, I am not joking. What else the guy going to do? Cry over a job at Sam's or nut up and go get a job? Might as well take advantage of being able to buy in bulk why you can?

Appears many of these Sam’s locations are going to be converted to distribution/online fulfillment facilities.

Needing to adapt their business (Amazon effect).

What do you think of the rumors that Amazon might buy Target to increase their brick and mortar footprint?

They have the cash and market cap to do it. I just don’t know why they would want to get that far into the retail brick/mortar business in that way. It’s a whole different kind of animal to manage, even when comparing the Whole Foods takeover.

not sure why they would want to

maxresdefault-2.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT