ADVERTISEMENT

Poontang can blind a young man to reality

Raoul Duke MU

Doctor of Journalism
She seemed like a typical college undergraduate, with student loans, boyfriends and a job. But according to prosecutors, she also happened to be a woman in her 40s who had used the Social Security card information of her estranged daughter to get a driver’s license, enroll in a university and obtain financial aid.

For about two years, Laura Oglesby, now 48, pretended to be in her 20s and used her daughter’s name, said Chief Jamie Perkins of the Mountain View Police Department in Missouri.

“Everybody believed it,” Chief Perkins said. “She even had boyfriends that believed that she was that age: 22 years old.”

On Monday, Ms. Oglesby pleaded guilty to one count of intentionally providing false information to the Social Security Administration, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Missouri.

07xp-ssfraud-jumbo.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/08/...k&module=Popular in The Times&pgtype=Homepage

Hell of an accomplishment. This is an awful age. Life's really over, but you don't get to be in a casket yet unless you have the gumption to do the Kate Spade.

Yesterday I tried to think in terms of these old coaches who stayed around for 30 years or whatever coaching. They just walked around and got old doing whatever the shit was. I guess that's all right. Still, it's kind of nerve racking.

I see people in their 20s walking around. I picture them laughing at me and shoving me into a grave somewhere, but then again they walk awful slow and drive even slower.

• Haha
Reactions: AmeriKenny
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT