ADVERTISEMENT

Position Changes and Questions

HerdFan1971

Silver Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2010
Charleston, WV
A few questions regarding the opening day depth chart:

1. I saw that Ryan Bee was moved to DT (I assume 3 technique as NT is listed as other position) - I seem to recall that he played some 1 technique on passing downs last year - did he play any 3 technique last year?

2. I noticed that Durant was moved to DE - did he play any snaps last year at DE? Has he ever played DE?

3. Is Xavier Gaines at TE a surprise to anyone?

4. Will Young (#4) start/play after game 4? Is that the length of the suspension?

I'm hoping that they aren't burning Green's redshirt and that Gaines at TE is really just a deception to set up trick plays. (And that he's still getting QB2 reps in practice).

Reactions: JC102
I think that Garrett Morrell is redshirting this year ... so that way Green could redshirt next year if he burns it this year?

Legg's scheme could possibly work if the QB makes the right reads - it's hard (not impossible if your defense actually plays assignment football) to defend a true triple option threat due to unpredictability ... but if your QB always hands the ball off and never keeps it where he has an option to run or pass ... well ... that's not hard to defend.

1. I saw that Ryan Bee was moved to DT (I assume 3 technique as NT is listed as other position) - I seem to recall that he played some 1 technique on passing downs last year - did he play any 3 technique last year?

Yes he moved inside quite a bit on passing downs.

2. I noticed that Durant was moved to DE - did he play any snaps last year at DE? Has he ever played DE?

Some, yes. Coaches feel his athleticism and aggressive nature make him a better fit at DE because it requires less processing.

3. Is Xavier Gaines at TE a surprise to anyone?

Somewhat although he had been at TE for a few weeks.

4. Will Young (#4) start/play after game 4? Is that the length of the suspension?

Yes and yes. Young is probably our best player.

Reactions: HerdFan1971
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT