ADVERTISEMENT

Possible reason for part of the problem

Look, Doc has a history of being one of the best recruiters in the industry but I don't think Doc is recruiting as well as you think he is right now. Also, Doc and Nehlen when their separate ways in the 1990's, fact.

Doc left for NC State all of one year before Nehlen retired. What are you trying to say that means?

The BEST coach we have had to evaluate and develop talent was Jim Donnan and his staff. He is the coach that brought Chad Pennington and Troy Brown to Marshall.
Doc has missed on a chad Pennington type's since he has been at Marshall

Reactions: Elkview
You talk like an expert when that couldn’t be farther from the truth. I’ve seen Doc recruit, I’ve talked to other college coaches about his ability, and I’ve seen the results from his efforts. You haven’t.

You are absolutely right. No Marshall fan has seen the results of his efforts since the 2011 class.

Here's the truth about Doc. He could sell ice to an Eskimo, but he needs someone to tell which Eskimo he needs to sell it to. Yes, he can get guys to sign, he's just not good about picking the guys. As long as he has Meyer, or Stewart, or Nehlen, telling him who to get, he's great.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
You are absolutely right. No Marshall fan has seen the results of his efforts since the 2011 class.

Here's the truth about Doc. He could sell ice to an Eskimo, but he needs someone to tell which Eskimo he needs to sell it to. Yes, he can get guys to sign, he's just not good about picking the guys. As long as he has Meyer, or Stewart, or Nehlen, telling him who to get, he's great.
Bingo!

One thing not being discussed. I think Green is a better fit for a Rich Rodriguez type offense. Lots of QB runs first pass second

Also I thought this oline was going to be one of the best in the country for non P5 schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT