ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for 2023 football season

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
This is somewhat of a guess but with the strength of schedule and a few areas seemingly unsettled ,I will go with :

Best case : 9-3 regular 1-0 bowl---10-3 overall
worst case 8-4 regular 1-0 bowl--- 9-4 overall

I'll take a stab for fun. 8-4 - losses to Va Tech, NCST, Coastal and USA. We win the East via Coastals last week loss to JMU. We lose to Troy in the title game but win our bowl. Finish 9-5. Media pegs us the league favorite in 2024.

Best case 12-2, with league title and bowl win. Worst case 6-6.

Reactions: ohio herd
I must say that I don't have much of an idea these days as the NIL and Transfer Portal invasion into G5 football like MU means we don't even know who is on the team and who is on the opponent's team anymore. We don't have history to go by, and truly the effectiveness of teams is built between January 6 or 7 of each year and the end of the first week of the regular season. (No one of note should play someone to lose to on opening day anymore, unless programmed to do so for TV.)

Saying all that, I think we're winning against our competition in these areas, particularly with upgrading our team talent and ability to win ever year. I don't foresee any Bowling Green's this year, experience will prevent that. So I actually think there is a chance to go 12-1; and a slight vision to even be undefeated.

Somewhere between 4-8 and 8-4. I will fine tune my prediction after ECU. I believe that game will tell us a lot about what we have.

Albany - W

@ECU - Toss Up
- ECU isn't very good, but we've never won there. We win this one close and we'll have a good season, but nothing great. Blow them out and it could be special, but if we lose in any fashion I believe this will be a long and frustrating season.

VT - Toss Up
- I actually think we'll win this one, but it's still a P5 so it will take a strong effort.

ODU - W
@NCST - L
@GaSt - W
JMU - W
@Coastal - Toss Up
@Appy - Toss Up
Ga Southern - W
@USA - Toss Up
Ark St - W

Of course all of his season hinges on the QB position.

The offense should be better than last year... Returning QB, still have Ali and a good stable of backs, offensive line from what I've read has been better than expected thus far. Still a lot of questions at WR, but we should be able to find 2-3 that can make plays.

The question is, will the defense be anywhere close to as good as last year... We know what Porter, Neal and Abraham bring at their respective positions but we need to see what the new guys look like.

I think this season comes down to 4 games -- ECU, VT, NCSU, Coastal... If we split those four I think we win 9 total, 3-1 or better in those four and we could really have something, 1-3 or worse and we might be looking at 7 wins.

Prediction: We will be on the road and thus the "visitors" in half of our regular season games, and at home in the other half. That's 6 and 6. A 9-3 W-L mark in regular season play is certainly attainable, as is a final record with double digit wins, given a legit shot at the SBC Championship game with a bowl to follow!!

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
My prediction is a stressed filled season of close games. We seriously have 8-9 games that will likely be decided by one score.

I think it will come down solely to turnovers this year. We don’t have the margin for error to be minus in any game except the opener and possibly ODU.

Given that, I won’t be surprised by any final record between 5-7 and 9-3. Less than 5 would be very disappointing and anything over 9 would be fantastic.

My prediction is a stressed filled season of close games. We seriously have 8-9 games that will likely be decided by one score.

I think it will come down solely to turnovers this year. We don’t have the margin for error to be minus in any game except the opener and possibly ODU.

Given that, I won’t be surprised by any final record between 5-7 and 9-3. Less than 5 would be very disappointing and anything over 9 would be fantastic.
Less than 7 should be pretty disappointing. This is year three of Huff. Nearly 100% of the players on this team are his. If we're not taking a step forward this season then that is pretty troubling.

If we have a sub .500 season then it's time to start looking.

This is somewhat of a guess but with the strength of schedule and a few areas seemingly unsettled ,I will go with :

Best case : 9-3 regular 1-0 bowl---10-3 overall
worst case 8-4 regular 1-0 bowl--- 9-4 overall
well at least I didn't predict a 12-0 season as a possibility like @MUMAN3419

• Haha
Reactions: BleedsGreen33
So you put yourself out on a limb and said we would win between 4 and 12 games.
It was a prediction thread in August bro. Best and worst case scenario. We honestly could have won all 12, every game was winnable. But I live in reality and understood that this year would hinge on qb play with a tough schedule. So 4-8 was also a possibility.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT