ADVERTISEMENT

President Admits Focus of Trump Tower Meeting Was Getting Dirt on Clinton

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Sunday that a Trump Tower meeting between top campaign aides and a Kremlin-connected lawyer was designed to “get information on an opponent” — the starkest acknowledgment yet that a statement he dictated last year about the encounter was misleading.

But the tweet also served as an admission that the Trump team had not been forthright when Donald Trump Jr. issued a statement in July 2017 saying that the meeting had been primarily about the adoption of Russian children.

Numerous White House aides and lawyers for the president aggressively denied at the time that the president had been involved in drafting the misleading statement. Jay Sekulow, one of the president’s lawyers, said in 2017 that “the president was not involved in the drafting of that statement.” Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the current press secretary, insisted that the president “certainly didn’t dictate” the statement.

But The Post reported in July 2017 that Mr. Trump had in fact done so. And earlier this year, Mr. Trump’s lawyers acknowledged in a memo to Mr. Mueller that the president had dictated the statement.

On Sunday, Mr. Sekulow admitted that his earlier statement had been erroneous, saying on ABC News’s “This Week” that “I had bad information at that time and made a mistake in my statement.”

Mr. Trump’s tweet on Sunday was one in a series in which he renewed his attacks on Mr. Mueller, saying his inquiry was riddled with “lies and corruption.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/05/...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Reactions: 19MU88
The most shocking thing is he threw his son under the bus on this. Mobsters won't even do that. Of course you Trumpers are going to argue there was "no collusion" or whatever, but there is still an investigation going on and this stooge is talking about what his son did. Wow. I'm not even Italian and I wasn't raised like that.

The most shocking thing is he threw his son under the bus on this. Mobsters won't even do that. Of course you Trumpers are going to argue there was "no collusion" or whatever, but there is still an investigation going on and this stooge is talking about what his son did. Wow. I'm not even Italian and I wasn't raised like that.
north-face-jeans-funny.jpg

We've known the meeting was about people offering up dirt on Hillary Clinton for well over a year. Why act like this is a revelation? They offered up something, Don Jr. said "not interested" and that was that. Very unlike Hillary who paid a guy to go actively looking for dirt on Trump from, get this, Russian sources.

So Russians sought out Trump and he said no. Hillary pursued the Russians saying please. So who exactly is the colluding party here?

We've known the meeting was about people offering up dirt on Hillary Clinton for well over a year. Why act like this is a revelation? They offered up something, Don Jr. said "not interested" and that was that. Very unlike Hillary who paid a guy to go actively looking for dirt on Trump from, get this, Russian sources.

So Russians sought out Trump and he said no. Hillary pursued the Russians saying please. So who exactly is the colluding party here?
Because everyone involved said it was about adoption. Fvcking idiot.

This is from a year ago saying meeting was about info on Hillary. What’s new about this report?

https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/11/politics/trump-jr-russia-lawyer-emails/index.html

What's different about it? Nobody from the administration including cheeto, his son, their attorneys, Sarah Hucka B.S., or anyone else has stated what was in the tweet today. In fact, Sarah Hucka B.S. has been repeatedly asked about it over the year and always refused to answer.

It's now proof that cheeto and his son lied in their initial response to what the meeting was about. Why lie?

What's different about it? Nobody from the administration including cheeto, his son, their attorneys, Sarah Hucka B.S., or anyone else has stated what was in the tweet today. In fact, Sarah Hucka B.S. has been repeatedly asked about it over the year and always refused to answer.

It's now proof that cheeto and his son lied in their initial response to what the meeting was about. Why lie?

Don't bother explaining it to these rubes. These same rubes screamed "fake news" a year ago and are now telling you there's nothing new revealed. They really are that obtuse.

Reactions: HerdBuckeye
Don't bother explaining it to these rubes. These same rubes screamed "fake news" a year ago and are now telling you there's nothing new revealed. They really are that obtuse.
They will following trump all the way down regardless of whatever evidence is turned over. Because ya know..... Hillary......

Trump tweeted something very similar in 2017. Saying the meeting was taken to get dirt on Clinton. So no there is really nothing new revealed in his latest tweet. It has been reported for a long time that the meeting was supposed to be about dirt on Clinton but the Russians wanted to discuss adoptions.

Trump tweeted something very similar in 2017. Saying the meeting was taken to get dirt on Clinton. So no there is really nothing new revealed in his latest tweet. It has been reported for a long time that the meeting was supposed to be about dirt on Clinton but the Russians wanted to discuss adoptions.
Yeah exactly the Russians wanted to talk about adoption. Good stuff trumptard.

That says most politicians would have used the meeting for politics. Not adoption, which was still the official Trump story, as proven in THIS citation of Sean Spicer (still press sec at the time).

Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, repeated the president’s assertion in a briefing later in the day, adding that politics did not even come up during the meeting.

“It is quite often for people who are given information during the heat of a campaign to ask what that is,” Mr. Spicer told reporters during a briefing at which cameras were banned. “That’s what simply he did. The president’s made it clear through his tweet.”

Mr. Spicer then added, “And there was nothing as far as we know that would lead anyone to believe that there was anything except for discussion about adoption and the Magnitsky Act.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/us/politics/trump-russia-meeting-twitter.html

See how hard it is to figure out the truth when different lies are told each day? You think that might be the strategy of a psychopath and gaslighter? Trump is a ASPD asshole.

But that’s not a different lie. It has been reported that trump jr came in thinking it was for dirt on Clinton when in actuality it was about the magnitsky act. Trumps an idiot and a liar I’m not debating that but this line of attacking isn’t new info

He also said it in a Fox interview over a year ago. I'll try to find the clip on YouTube, they showed it on Fox earlier this evening.

Do you seriously f’uckng believe the nonsense, horseshit you post?

I’ll use real simple terms so you can understand.

Trump campaign conspired with foreign nationals, Russians, to accept info (a thing of value). Illegal. They actually had a f’ucking meeting with them (Russians).

Hillary hired an American firm, Fusion GPS, legal, to obtain info on opponent.

Are you changing your argument? I asked what’s different and you stated Trump before recent tweet never said meeting was to get info on Hillary. I’ve linked two articles from 2017 that quotes Trump saying exactly that.

“What's different about it? Nobody from the administration including cheeto, his son, their attorneys, Sarah Hucka B.S., or anyone else has stated what was in the tweet today. In fact, Sarah Hucka B.S. has been repeatedly asked about it over the year and always refused to answer. “

they showed it on Fox earlier this evening.

THERIN LIES THE PROBLEM - HE GETS HIS NEWS ONLY FROM PROPAGANDA OUTLETS, AND HEARS ONLY WHAT HE WANTS TO HEAR. OR - HE'S A FREAKING
RUSSIAN.

Last edited:
Why it matters: The claim represents the latest in a series of shifting explanations from the Trump team about the true nature of the June 9, 2016 meeting, which was first described as a "short introductory meeting" about Russian adoptions last summer before culminating with the president's admission this morning.

Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics - and it went nowhere. I did not know about it! (TRANSLATION - TRUMP PLANNED THE MEETING HIMSELF)

Former Obama staffer Ben Rhodes: "I worked on the Obama campaign and we would never, ever, have held a meeting with a foreign power to "get information on an opponent." It doesn't happen "all the time in politics" - it's immoral, unpatriotic and part of a broader effort that was illegal."

A timeline of the shifting stories on the meeting:
EACH OF THESE FACTS ARE LINKED TO THE UNDERLYING
PROOF - TAKE THE TIME TO CLICK ON EACH LINK! (IF YOU REALLY CARE)

• July 24, 2016: Donald Trump Jr. appears on CNN and dismisses the notion that the hacking of the DNC's emails was part of a Russian plot to help his father in the election: "Well, it just goes to show you their exact moral compass. I mean, they will say anything to be able to win this. I mean, this is time and time again, lie after lie."
  • July 8, 2017: The New York Times breaks the news about the meeting. Trump Jr. issues a statement saying it was a "short introductory meeting" that was primarily about Russian adoptions.

• July 9, 2017: The Times publishes a second story reporting that Trump Jr. was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton in advance of the meeting. He issues a second statement saying the Russian lawyer offered "vague, ambiguous" claims of dirt on Clinton, but that nothing meaningful came from the meeting.

• July 11, 2017: To get ahead of a Times article that would be published minutes later, Trump Jr. tweets screenshots of the email exchange in which the meeting was organized. The emails indicate an interest in obtaining incriminating information and a tacit acknowledgement by Trump Jr. of the Russian government's support for his father.
July 12-16, 2017: President Trump's lawyer Jay Sekulow appears on several cable news shows and denies that the president had any involvement in drafting his son's initial statement to the Times.

• June 2, 2018: The Times publishes a letter from Trump's lawyers to Robert Mueller conceding that the president dictated "a short but accurate" statement issued by his son about the meeting.

• July 26, 2018: Former Trump attorney Michael Cohen claims the president approved "going ahead" with the meeting, contradicting denials of any prior knowledge by Trump's legal team.

• Aug. 5, 2018: Trump again denies having any advanced knowledge, but claims that it was a "totally legal" meeting to "get information on an opponent" — something that is "done all the time in politics"
https://www.axios.com/trump-tower-m...sia-c5056ecc-c520-47b4-a6ab-0dcf2d9853b7.html

Last edited:
I’ve linked two articles from 2017 that quotes Trump saying exactly that.

No, you didn't. The quotes from cheeto's son never say he took the meeting to get dirt on Clinton. He is quoted as saying that after pleasantries were exchanged," etc.

He never is quoted in your article as saying that's why he took the meeting. cheeto's tweet a few days ago was the most direct, damning statement about it.

Now, would you like to explain why they both lied?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT