ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue turning it around

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
Their first year coach from WKU has Purdue looking like a new team. Running all over Missouri on the road. Would have loved to have landed Brohmn here.

Reactions: chuck1069
Better yet the B10 board Raoul and take Michigan Herd with it
1323925119453_9840862.png

Well goherd I guess some on Herd Nation figured if we could have hired Brohmn perhaps we could have run the scores up on opponents.

Listen someone started this thread with stuff that had nothing to do with Marshall university .... WKU used to have at coach that beat us, then he went to a school we beat, we haven't even been looking for a head coach...

Why don't you make like thundercats and flee....

Listen someone started this thread with stuff that had nothing to do with Marshall university .... WKU used to have at coach that beat us, then he went to a school we beat, we haven't even been looking for a head coach...

Why don't you make like thundercats and flee....

cool-story-bro-1.jpg

Listen someone started this thread with stuff that had nothing to do with Marshall university.

It was my decision to move it here. It relates to our conference, as a conference coach moved up and has some success. That makes it worthy of discussion on this board.

Brohm is a pro level offensive scheme guy. If I was a big school, I'd open up the checkbook for him. His mind is on a different level than 99% of college coaches.

Whoa!!! He's won 2 games...yes, he is 2-1, but don't act like he's better than Saban, Harbaugh, Meyer, Fisher, Sweeney, and about 25 others who have actually proven to win. Louisville was a good showing, still lost to them, ohio, and Missouri were both terrible and games they were very able to win. The next 3 games could say alot.

Whoa!!! He's won 2 games...yes, he is 2-1, but don't act like he's better than Saban, Harbaugh, Meyer, Fisher, Sweeney, and about 25 others who have actually proven to win. Louisville was a good showing, still lost to them, ohio, and Missouri were both terrible and games they were very able to win. The next 3 games could say alot.
Here we are in September and he's already matched Purdue's FBS win total from last season (2). Look at Purdue now with him and look at WKU now without him. Dude can coach.

But when I was comparing him to the rest of college football, I was strictly talking from a schematic perspective. Yes, he's above most head coaches who have won when it comes to scheme. May not have their recruiting, motivating, or other elite coaching abilities, so I'm not putting him up there with them as a HC yet. But strictly from an X & O standpoint, I'll take him in college football over just about anyone.

This is just scheming people open.

He did this to LSU.
https://thedeependmiami.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/brandon-doughty-great-play.gif

Last edited:

Don't act like this season at Purdue is the only thing we have to judge him by. Look at what he did at WKU. Dude is top-notch. If you're a big name school and looking to upgrade your coach on the relative cheap (compared Saban/Harbaugh money) you go after Brohm and give him whatever he needs going forward.

Don't act like this season at Purdue is the only thing we have to judge him by. Look at what he did at WKU. Dude is top-notch. If you're a big name school and looking to upgrade your coach on the relative cheap (compared Saban/Harbaugh money) you go after Brohm and give him whatever he needs going forward.
I don't know about the relative cheap part. Brohm is making $3.3 million this year (his contract is $18 million over five years), and that doesn't include potential performance bonuses of up to an additional $1.5 million per year. His buyout is $5 million this year and goes down by a million each year of the contract.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU

Exactly. Brohm was 22-5 his last two years at WKU.

If he gets Purdue to a bowl game I fully expect someone like Tennessee, Texas A&M, LSU, Auburn or Nebraska to offer him a blank check (assuming a few of those schools fire their current HC).

He will be as hot of a commodity as Tom Herman was last offseason.

If he gets Purdue to a bowl game I fully expect someone like Tennessee, Texas A&M, LSU, Auburn or Nebraska to offer him a blank check (assuming a few of those schools fire their current HC).

'If'

Give the guy his props. I don't like him glad he moved on... he can coach and has forgotten more about a playbook than some have ever learned

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Brohm may have a good offensive mind but the guy is a total dick, and will crash & burn at a 'big time' program because he has no character.

Reactions: pdbailey
I love all this talk about some guy that has no connection to the Marshall football program....

the dude isnt here, was never going to be here and will never be here.......

Reactions: All4TheHerd
Duh. We couldnt afford him anyway. I have good friends who know Brohmn very well. Someone said he will crash and burn because he has no character and a dick. I know this is very true. However I dont believe that is a problem at all. He was hired to win football games. Nothing else matters. He will do well.

This is exactly right. I'd love to see Purdue do well but I really hope he ends up at Texas A&M or maybe Tennessee next year.

Reactions: sistersville
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT